[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Predictions for Auburn/VTech?

fumbler23

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

:bigshock:

Not giving Auburn enough credit, they have one MEANASS D and 2 RBS that would start anywhere in the nation.

641209[/snapback]

I am giving them credit. I think they are the better team. I am just saying that Frank Beamer will have his guys pumped up for this. The Tech defense is very fast and tough.

With the exception of USC to open and Miami,Fl to close there was no meat in between for Va Tech. Auburn has IMO, the best D in football and unless the Hookies can score on special teams or be placed in good field position, Auburn should shut them out.

The Hookie D hasn't been tested since the first week on the season.

I also like Auburn 34-17. I believe that they want to show they belong in the big game. Would it not be have been great to see a Auburn / Utah Sugar Bowl?

:D

641214[/snapback]

Much respect for UTAH as they look like they could have been in a game with any team in the country. I was more surprised at how well their D looked than anything, of course Alex Smith is awesome and had the right to the Heisman as well. I would have liked to seen USC/ Auburn and OU/Utah , i think that would have made for much better match ups .

I think this year version of the SEC TIGERS is better than last years although it can be debated and never proved. That's a scary thought considering how dominate LSU was against OU . Auburn got snubbed due to pre season rankings and false SOS rankings.

Edited by theeohiostate

with these two defenses...... 13-7 auburn

641243[/snapback]

With that kind of prediction is it safe to say you have these two D's in your top 10 in the country? I like Auburn as the # 1 D, but haven't seen Tech play so i'm a little bias towards the Tigers D.

#1 Auburn 3 Virginia Tech 0

641264[/snapback]

With a solid win, it appears that's the way the AP is leaning with it's statement to the BS i mean BCS. USC will have to split another national title with the SEC, why don't they just let them play without these other losers getting in the way?

Outside of My Bucks, Tenn, Utah and Miami no one has played any D this bowl season, it's nice to see a good struggle. If i were OU or USC , i'd be thankful i didn't have to play these D's, by far the best i've seen in football this season.

OU's best D was Texas who just gave up 37 to a freshman QB and Michigan

USC best D was Va Tech in the season opener and they could only muster 24 against them. Va Tech only gave up over 24 points 1 time all season. If USC put up 24 on these guys, it should be much easier against OU, IMO.

After futher review it appears that USC, Auburn and Va Tech are the only teams in the country to give up over 24 points in a game only once. That is some great defensive play right there.

Edited by theeohiostate