[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

USC didn't "win" anything ...

Grits and Shins

They certainly bitch slapped OU ... but it just proves that today they were better than OU. They didn't win anything, except a game against OU. There are still 2 other undefeated teams out there that have as much right to claim the title as USC does. And before you say it, I don't care that USC is winning convincingly and Auburn didn't ... it doesn't matter whether you win pretty or not ... a W is a W.

We will NEVER know who the best team in college football was for 2005.

Yes we will know who the media has awarded the title to ... but that means nothing.

Edited by Grits and Shins

They certainly bitch slapped OU ... but it just proves that today they were better than OU.  They didn't win anything, except a game against OU.  There are still 2 other undefeated teams out there that have as much right to claim the title as USC does.  And before you say it, I don't care that USC is winning convincingly and Auburn didn't ... it doesn't matter whether you win pretty or not ... a W is a W.

We will NEVER know who the best team in college football was for 2005.

Yes we will know who the media has awarded the title to ... but that means nothing.

642911[/snapback]

I agree, with the strenght of Auburn D and the great play we saw out of Utah, it's anybodies ballgame IMO.

Although, IMO .............USC has looks to be the best i've seen in years and that includes my Bucks in 2002. To think, USC was to have had a better team last season?

Can everyone in this forum...........finally agree?  :D

642925[/snapback]

Pretty everyone is this forum has always agreed that a playoff is the only way to go and that the BCS sucks big time. At least that is how I have always seen it from the posts this time of year.

Here's my beef. All of these morons serving as college football 'analysts' pick the wrong teams year in and year out, for the wrong reasons. And they're getting paid for sitting around talking football. Amazing.

Last year, after Oklahoma ran up the score on some pi$$-poor teams, every scribe worth his salt told us this was perhaps the best team EVER. They then proceeded to get jacked up in 2 consecutive games. So, this same group of people had the GALL to be EQUALLY confident that USC was the best team in the land.

The year before, almost every 'expert' was 100% sure Miami would destroy Ohio State. No questions asked. No debate about it. We all saw what happened.

This year, except Corso all of the ABC-ESPN crew picked Oklahoma because of their dominating line play. Hmm

And the irony is, these are many of the guys voting in the AP poll. :D

Bring on a playoff already.

Edited by Glabra

Pretty everyone is this forum has always agreed that a playoff is the only way to go and that the BCS sucks big time. At least that is how I have always seen it from the posts this time of year.

642932[/snapback]

Yes, just a little sarcasm from a long season :D

I agree, a playoff is needed, though I have to say I think USC would win it this year.

642938[/snapback]

It is irrelevant what you think ... they will never have to prove it ... and in my mind that means that can't legitimately claim the championship.

There are 3 undefeated teams and the media gets to pick the champ ... there is something seriously wrong with that picture.

I agree, a playoff is needed, though I have to say I think USC would win it this year.

642938[/snapback]

I would like to point out that there is still a qtr to go..... :D:D

And this IS college football..... it ain't over until it's over. Though I must say I hope it stays like it is.

642938[/snapback]

and for your sig line

copy and tag :D

"I am a man that has reason, I have always thought i knew the answers and somehow they've escaped me at times. Being a logical man, i can admit to mistakes and am better for it."

B) Now i'm sure you didn't see this coming . What, bash Texas, na'. Your okay in my book :D

I would like to point out that there is still a qtr to go.....  :DB)

And this IS college football..... it ain't over until it's over. Though I must say I hope it stays like it is.

642941[/snapback]

:D

Oh it's over ... even if USC was to get on the bus now White would continue to throw interceptions and the OU offense would stall

and for your sig line

copy and tag :D

"I am a man that has reason, I have always thought i knew the answers and somehow they've escaped me at times.  Being a logical man, i can admit to mistakes and am better for it."

:D    Now i'm sure you didn't see this coming . What, bash Texas, na'.  Your okay in my book  :D

642942[/snapback]

Perch.............here's the sig.

Come and take it like a man B)

Can everyone in this forum...........finally agree?  :D

642925[/snapback]

Wow! You can be reasonable. And positive to boot.

Must be a huge relief to get that king-sized thorn outta your side.

Isn't it amazing what having a common enemy(big brother aka BCS) can do for the morale of the people of a troubled nation(college football forum)? If this is what it takes then I say let the love fest begin.

Intelligent conversation, with no name calling, anyone?

Just to pile on, I agree about USC, Utah and Auburn all claiming part of the NC title. That's fine, we Trojan fans (at least the reasonable ones)can share, because all 3 undefeated teams have worked unbelievably hard to pull off something very difficult to achieve.

Until there is a playoff, it will always be a mythical NC anyway, so let's all party. The fact that it cannot be really "undisputed" takes nothing away from the achievements of all these young guys - congrats to all. My father-in-law still proudly wears a NC ring from an undefeated JC football team from Riverside, CA (RCC) a few years ago, as the head trainer and equipment guy. I believe the only playoff they won was here in CA - so there may've have been a few other teams elsewhere too. (Who's to say they weren't the best in the country that year??)

USC has two in a row, and we'll go for 3 next year. Everybody have a great year - wow, only 365 days until the next one...can't wait....

Wow!  You can be reasonable.  And positive to boot.

Must be a huge relief to get that king-sized thorn outta your side.

Isn't it amazing what having a common enemy(big brother aka BCS) can do for the morale of the people of a troubled nation(college football forum)?  If this is what it takes then I say let the love fest begin.

Intelligent conversation, with no name calling, anyone?

643030[/snapback]

I have been posting in the FA and Pro F forums and have NEVER had any probs

What that tell ya' .

Grits, how could you forget Boisie (sp?) State? One would think they could keep it within 50 of USC too.

From what I hear USC looked unstoppable last night but I don't recall anyone predicting a blow-out by either team. Given what happened I think there is no way to say that Auburn, Utah or Boisie State couldn't hang with USC. After all, the eggspurts al told us this was going to be a good game.