[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

OU not mentally tough

PatrickL

You wouldn't have seen Auburn quit in the middle of the second quarter when facing a little adversity, unlike the Sooners who are ***ing quitters. They quit. They ruined the BCS title game. Bob Stoops did all he could (voting AU 15th in his coaches poll etc) to get to the title game and when they got there, got backed up against the wall, they appeared to be pussies mentally. They ruined this for all of college football and they should be held accountable. First off they stole Auburn's spot then they played like mothe***ing pussies. they quit! Auburn wouldn't have. Auburn would kill Oklahoma, because they are ***ing pussies and everyone saw it last night. WTG BCS!!

You didn't see Michigan quit last year againts USC. The only reason didn't win by 34 poitns instead of 14, was cuz Michigan wouldnt quit, they were just out manned. Honestly this ranks right along with Nebraska-Florida in the 96 Fiesta. Pretty funny actually.

643583[/snapback]

i agree, Michigan did all they could for 60 minutes, didn't matter they were down 3 TDS, they kept trying to score and do their best. this OU team is a joke. if you are gonna take a spot in the BCS game from a more deserving team, at least don't quit. white is a quitter, peterson is a quitter, did you hear Cody on the sidelines? he was ready to get out of there. what a bunch of losers.

Bob Stoops did all he could (voting AU 15th in his coaches poll etc) to get to the title game and when they got there,  ]

I don't know if your being sarcastic or serious about this quote and although i wouldn't doubt that, it'd sick to know it's true.

I had always thought the coaches votes were kept private, and they should be made public. If they are going to vote on conference lines or friendships.......they should not be permitted to vote in the first place.

Okay.... I agree that OU parlayed their smoke and mirror show into an undeserved invitation to an absolutely SUPERB ass-whipping in the NC game that should serve as an embarrassment to the "experts" that set this crap up. Don't lose sight of why it played out that way though, it was also a redemption move to give OU the opportunity to play and beat USC so the BCS & OU could arguably say the same thing conceivably would have happened in '03 and barring the occasional glitch the system works. Much to the dismay of OU, the media and the BCS; USC did not purchase the snake oil. However, it was poetic justice that USC should procure new marching boots (even after having a bonafide weapon declared ineligible) and then proceed to place them most squarely in the middle of the ass of the vaunted OU Sooner Nation :D

What sickens me most is the talk of the rich history of conferences, tradition, & the difficulty of winning out in them. If that weighs so heavily, then riddle me this: why were Auburn's victories over conference foes - who were ranked in the TOP 10 at the time - were so discounted while OU beats the hell out of Baylor? I'd venture to say that no other conference produces as many ranked teams over the course of the season as the SEC, unfortunately they all beat each other up to get to the top. No wonder the Big 12 wanted SOS taken out of the rankings equation. Hell, so would I & I'd also want to decline to play any school whose acronyms condense to three letters (e.g., LSU, USC) :D

Edited by alexandernevermind

What conference had more bowl wins than the Big 12? Cal was beaten by TT, which isn't even one of the better teams in the conference. Michigan was beaten by a totally one dimensional Texas team, that wasn't as good as it was last year. You can argue that the Sooners shouldn't have been in the game, and that Auburn should have in hind sight, but what prior to the ass whipping that OU got can legitimately say that Auburn should have been there instead of OU? OU was a very good team, that had some match up problems with USC, and that made some costly mistakes. Who's to say that Auburn would fare any better? I will grant you that Auburns defense is better than OU's, but I think that it can be legitimately argued that the Sooner offense was better than Auburns. You can down OU for a poor performance, and I'm right along with you, but just saying the Big 12 sucks, and that SEC is head and shoulders better? I don't think so. Just because the system sucks, and there is not a playoff, you shouldn't down a conference that has two top 5 teams, and that has a team that knocked off a team that was ranked in the top 5 prior to them playing them. The system sucks, there should be a playoff. OU got there ass kicked. I agree to all of that. My only question, is aside from homerism what makes you think prior to last nights game that Auburn was anymore deserving than OU? Please don't get me wrong, I didn't really think that OU was more deserving of Auburn. I really thought the game should have been Auburn vs OU for the championship, but hey I was shown different last night. Hell before the game all of the so called experts and most of the people in the country (at least those that were willing to put there money where there mouth was) thought OU was going to win the game. The only ABC commentator that thought USC was going to win was Corso, who is normally the kiss of death, when he picks a team. Again, congradulations to USC, Auburn, and Utah for going undefeated. It is a shame that there is not a playoff.

I didn't mean to diss the Big 12 like I did. That was wrong. As an Auburn graduate though, my main problem is the fact that OU quit. It's one thing to take AU's spot in the championship game if you are going to give it your all. But Jason White and company decided to quit in the middle of the second quarter, something Auburn would never do. This wasn't some isolated incident, OU's defense had been exposed before, they just hadn't ran into a defense that could get pressure on White and make him crumble. Tuesday they did and we saw what happened. USC is a great team and had a great year, but OU quit and will be forever tarnished.

Cal was in the proper bowl as far as I'm concerned. They have major weaknesses in the defensive secondary. I don't think Texas should have gone to the Rose Bowl, but I feel the same about Cal. However, if Cal did quit, they deserve nothing, they deserve to pay their fans back every cent they coughed up to go see them in the Holiday Bowl.

If Cal did quit they screwed some team out of something somewhere, maybe a bigger payday and a better bowl. I'm sure the Sun Devils would have enjoyed the trip to SD. I'm more concerned about OU quitting naturally b/c i feel like they stole a spot from my beloved Tigers :(

If Cal did quit they screwed some team out of something somewhere, maybe a bigger payday and a better bowl. I'm sure the Sun Devils would have enjoyed the trip to SD. I'm more concerned about OU quitting naturally b/c i feel like they stole a spot from my beloved Tigers :D

643691[/snapback]

Whatever is said or done,AUBURN is still a #1...........undefeated in 2004 forever :D

I think they are one of the best D's i've seen since Miami of the 80's. They would not have given up more that 25-30 to USC and their backfield could have found some success.

Edited by theeohiostate

I think a mobile QB could have helped any team vs USC last night. Although that was the most dominating /balanced college performance I have ever seen. I don't think anyone would have stood in their way to the NC IMO. As for who that should have been is what is fundamentally wrong with the BCS.

Once again, its a broken record, but I'll repeat it again. The problem is preseason hype. If it was #1 Auburn and #2 USC, those two woulda been playing. If it was #1 Oklahoma and #2 Auburn. OU vs Auburn. etc etc etc. It's a flawed and failed system. I've been against it since day 1. I've always said, if you're not gonna have a playoff and decide a true national champion, then why screw with the great tradition of the bowls?!?! I mean the simple fact that the coaches are obligated, by a binding contract, to VOTE (some democracy) on one team, the winner of the championship? Why even have a poll, if you're obligated to vote a certain way? This is more for 2003, when USC woulda been the unanamous #1 team if the coaches didn't HAVE to vote for LSU. I mean the system is crazy.