[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vikings request Joe Buck be removed!

Dr. Rock

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs04/n...tory?id=1965529

Associated Press

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. -- Minnesota Vikings owner Red McCombs asked Fox Sports to remove play-by-play announcer Joe Buck from Sunday's divisional playoff game at Philadelphia because of his sharp criticism of wide receiver Randy Moss.

After catching a touchdown pass in last weekend's win at Green Bay, Moss celebrated in the end zone by pretending to pull down his pants and moon the Packers fans before briefly wiggling his back side against the goalpost. Buck immediately called it a "disgusting act."

That statement, in McCombs' view, was out of line. A two-sentence news release issued by the team said McCombs felt Buck's comments "suggested a prejudice that surpassed objective reporting."

Dan Bell, a Fox spokesman, said the network has "no intention whatsoever" of removing Buck.

"We hope Mr. McCombs enjoys Joe's play-by-play call Sunday, because he'll be in the booth," Bell said.

McCombs, whose office is in San Antonio, was not immediately available for further comment.

Buck, during an interview on Sporting News Radio earlier this week, stood by his criticism.

"I have nothing against Randy Moss," Buck said. "I don't even know the guy. I just know that with the history that he's had, and coming off that game at Washington, it was just stunning to see that."

Moss drew plenty of negative scrutiny the week before for walking off the field in frustration while his teammates lined up for an onside kick with 2 seconds left in a 21-18 loss to the Redskins.

652080[/snapback]

:bawling:

I thougt it was good to see someone actually stand up and call one of these immature idiots what they are for once, and what better candidate to be called out than the Randy Moss, the biggest idiot there is. While I agree, that Buck did beat it into the ground, he was right in saying what he said. I wouldn't accept my 6 year old acting that way in public, why should we accept a grown man acting that way in public? McCombs just needs to shave Moss' head, make a coat out of it, an shut up.

I thougt it was good to see someone actually stand up and call one of these immature idiots what they are for once, and what better candidate to be called out than the Randy Moss, the biggest idiot there is.  While I agree, that Buck did beat it into the ground, he was right in saying what he said.  I wouldn't accept my 6 year old acting that way in public, why should we accept a grown man acting that way in public?  McCombs just needs to shave Moss' head, make a coat out of it, an shut up.

652568[/snapback]

I'm with the fishman on this one. :D

Aren't the commentators supposed to keep personal opinion to themselves?

Keep spewing your stats and just call me sily call me rude, but call me please, Buck. If I wanted to hear personal opinions, I'd ask someone.

652454[/snapback]

WaterMan - what the hell do you think a commentator is? Do you want some blow-dried drone in the booth just to tell you how many yards were gained on each play? You could make the argument that Buck is just a "play-by-play guy" but that would be a pretty old-world way of thinking.

Here is a litttle help for you from dictionary.com:

commentator

n 1: an expert who observes and comments on something [syn: observer] 2: a writer who reports and analyzes events of the day [syn: reviewer]

I'm with the fishman on this one.  :D

652577[/snapback]

Me too. Hey Red how about telling Moss what he did was childish and in bad taste. Buck overreacted, but KMcCombs should address what caused it too.

Red, you should be like Moss and refuse to play the game unless you get your way. Go for it, man.

Edited by Randall

WaterMan - what the hell do you think a commentator is? Do you want some blow-dried drone in the booth just to tell you how many yards were gained on each play? You could make the argument that Buck is just a "play-by-play guy" but that would be a pretty old-world way of thinking.

Here is a litttle help for you from dictionary.com:

commentator

n 1: an expert who observes and comments on something [syn: observer] 2: a writer who reports and analyzes events of the day [syn: reviewer]

652583[/snapback]

The only comments I hear from commentators are good things about a person: how he plays, off field personality, work ethic. I never hear bad things from a commentator about the person's way of living, that is still playing in the NFL. The only negative comments you hear would be about how they play. If they are going to comment negatively, they should do it for everyone who does an endzone celebration that isn't just spiking the ball. Not so ESPN and the newspapers can keep a story going on one guy. Maybe the NFL is trying to draw heat off them from last year's Superbowl and the TO commercial?

Edited by WaterMan

The only comments I hear from commentators are good things about a person: how he plays, off field personality, work ethic. I never hear bad things from a commentator about the person's way of living. The only negative comments you hear would be about how they play. If they are going to comment negatively, they should do it for everyone who does an endzone celebration that isn't just spiking the ball. Not so ESPN and the newspapers can keep a story going on one guy. Maybe the NFL is trying to draw heat off them from last year's Superbowl and the TO commercial?

652629[/snapback]

I can remember TO getting slammed for disrespecting the Star in Dallas. TO got slammed for the Sharpie too. Horn got slammed for the cell phone. So, it happened prior to the wardrobe malfunction. There is nothing wrong with celebration, if it is not offensive and immature.

Being a Cards fan, I kind of like Buck, but his grandstanding was ridiculous.

652248[/snapback]

OK Swerski, I defended you on cheering for both the Colts and the Bears, but the Cards too, c'mon now thats going a little far. :D

I thougt it was good to see someone actually stand up and call one of these immature idiots what they are for once, and what better candidate to be called out than the Randy Moss, the biggest idiot there is.  While I agree, that Buck did beat it into the ground, he was right in saying what he said.  I wouldn't accept my 6 year old acting that way in public, why should we accept a grown man acting that way in public?  McCombs just needs to shave Moss' head, make a coat out of it, an shut up.

652568[/snapback]

Excellent POOW! :D

The only comments I hear from commentators are good things about a person: how he plays, off field personality, work ethic. I never hear bad things from a commentator about the person's way of living, that is still playing in the NFL. The only negative comments you hear would be about how they play. If they are going to comment negatively, they should do it for everyone who does an endzone celebration that isn't just spiking the ball. Not so ESPN and the newspapers can keep a story going on one guy. Maybe the NFL is trying to draw heat off them from last year's Superbowl and the TO commercial?

652629[/snapback]

WaterMan gets a little testy when his favorite player gets criticized.

I couldn't agree more.  Red stepping up to the plate to back his team.  I think it is wonderful and hopefully gives them some confindence for Sunday.  BTW nice AV.

652448[/snapback]

I got the av at espn.com and they didn't apologize for having it on their home page either.