[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jets vs. Steelers

broncosn05

In this game I will ride the true underdog story with one of the most underrated teams in the NFL. I know I will get a lot of grief for this but I'll take my chances with Herm. I think if Pennington does not mess it all up and blame it on his shoulder then I think Martin and Jordan will workhorse this offense and on the Steelers offense I think that Herm will stop that unbelievable running game which will make the Steelers Offense crumble. Edit- I predict a low scoring slow game 14-10.

Wow I am going to take so much for this if they lose?? :D

Fire Away

Edited by broncosn05

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, with the most of the sentiment above. I think this is the easiest game of the weekend to predict. Steelers cover the number and the Jets don't score more than 10 pts. Something like either 21-10 or 24-10.

I like the Jets, naturally - maybe 13-10.

Given the nature of these two teams, and the fact that gametime wind chills are expected to be below zero, I cannot see how this could be anything other than a very tight, low-scoring game. The Jets getting 8-1/2 points is a great bet I think...but perhaps I lack objectivity. :D

Critical factors will be turnovers and touchdowns. Perhaps it's obvious, but I think the team that has red zone success will win, touchdowns will be hard to come by in this one. I also think that the Jets have to have a halftime lead in order to win. Steelers wore them down in the fourth quarter last time, and the conditions here lead me to believe the same thing could happen again - Steelers are well-rested and playing at home, whereas the Jets are coming off two overtime games, two cross-country trips, and a short week of preparation.

Good posts its me against all.

654449[/snapback]

Jets 16

Steelers 10

10-10 tie going into the 4th quarter when suddenly Roethlisberger realizes he's a rookie and is in over his head. Big Ben serves up a couple of INTs, which the Jets (in typical Jets fashion) are unable to convert into TDs, but settle for FGs. Big Ben has one last chance to bring the Steelers back. He drives the team into Jets territory with under 2:00 to play when, on a big 3rd and 6 play, he is decapitated by Jonathan Vilma, fumbles the ball, and Dwayne Robertson falls on it. Chad takes a couple of knees, and it's off to Foxboro for the AFC Championship game!

Jets 16

Steelers 10

10-10 tie going into the 4th quarter when suddenly Roethlisberger realizes he's a rookie and is in over his head.  Big Ben serves up a couple of INTs, which the Jets (in typical Jets fashion) are unable to convert into TDs, but settle for FGs.  Big Ben has one last chance to bring the Steelers back.  He drives the team into Jets territory with under 2:00 to play when, on a big 3rd and 6 play, he is decapitated by Jonathan Vilma, fumbles the ball, and Dwayne Robertson falls on it.  Chad takes a couple of knees, and it's off to Foxboro for the AFC Championship game!

654726[/snapback]

Man, it just warms my heart even reading about it. Excellent work. :D

Fiction can be fun !!!  B)

654802[/snapback]

I can dream, cant I? :D

I've been a Jets fan for over 30 years. And, I'll be honest - the only way the Jets can win this game is if something unusual happens. Be it a big special teams play, a couple of turnovers, a bad call by the officials...whatever. The Jets can't just line up against the Steelers from scrimmage and outplay them.

That said - if they do keep it close, and its a tight game in the 4th quarter, I can see the Steelers tensing up. I can see Bill Cower's jawbone protruding further and further from his face as he silently thinks "Oh no, not again....not again"

I can see the ghost of playoff losses past and feel the bad karma eminating from Neil O'Donnell and Tommy Maddox into the huddle as Roethlisberger suddenly gets brainlock and throws a couple to the guys in white.

I can see Eric Coleman, the Jets rookie safety - who is too young and too "green" to realize that he's supposed to lose - stepping in front of Plaxico Burress and picking one off late in the 4th quarter.

I can see these things. I've seen alot of things in the past that never came true - but I can see these things.

Martin Luther King day is Monday. He had a dream....so do I.

I can dream! Can't I?

:D

I can dream, cant I?  :D

I've been a Jets fan for over 30 years.  And, I'll be honest - the only way the Jets can win this game is if something unusual happens.  Be it a big special teams play, a couple of turnovers, a bad call by the officials...whatever.  The Jets can't just line up against the Steelers from scrimmage and outplay them.

That said - if they do keep it close, and its a tight game in the 4th quarter, I can see the Steelers tensing up.  I can see Bill Cower's jawbone protruding further and further from his face as he silently thinks "Oh no, not again....not again"

I can see the ghost of playoff losses past and feel the bad karma eminating from Neil O'Donnell and Tommy Maddox into the huddle as Roethlisberger suddenly gets brainlock and throws a couple to the guys in white.

I can see Eric Coleman, the Jets rookie safety - who is too young and too "green" to realize that he's supposed to lose - stepping in front of Plaxico Burress and picking one off late in the 4th quarter.

I can see these things.  I've seen alot of things in the past that never came true - but I can see these things.

Martin Luther King day is Monday.  He had a dream....so do I.

I can dream!  Can't I? 

:D

654835[/snapback]

Great post ! :D

Of course you can dream, but, if you have any guts, you will join Easy and Dirty in our Sig Line / Avatar bet, are you game ? B)

I've been a Jets fan for over 30 years.  And, I'll be honest - the only way the Jets can win this game is if something unusual happens.  Be it a big special teams play, a couple of turnovers, a bad call by the officials...whatever.  The Jets can't just line up against the Steelers from scrimmage and outplay them.

654835[/snapback]

Dude, how could you? Did you not hear Herman Edwards just the other day? These are no longer the same ol Jets! The ghosts of AJ Duhe, Joe Ferguson and Webster Slaughter have been expunged! Steve Grogan doesn't live here any longer! And come Saturday night, we shall prevail!!!

Glad to see you joined our sig line bet - misery loves company.

Dude, how could you?  Did you not hear Herman Edwards just the other day?  These are no longer the same ol Jets!  The ghosts of AJ Duhe, Joe Ferguson and Webster Slaughter have been expunged!  Steve Grogan doesn't live here any longer!  And come Saturday night, we shall prevail!!!

Glad to see you joined our sig  line bet - misery loves company.

655013[/snapback]

Yeah. The New Jets. You went 10-6 you ain't that good.