[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Moss to Redskins?

T-Scorp

If that trade happened, the Redskins would be robbing the Vikings BLIND.  Horrible trade.  And I don't even like Moss.

663962[/snapback]

If it ended up being Arrington and Mike Williams, I can see Minnesota doing the deal and coming out even. I can't stand Moss' antics and attitude -- he actually devolved below TO on my list of toads this season -- but if you look at how Burleson and Robinson played when Moss was out, I think Minnesota can manage a replica of this season without him entirely -- especially if they replace him with Mike Williams and add Arrington.

Does it make them better? No. But ....... I really like the analogy of Moss to the "the one ring" -- and I'm not sure the Vikes would do better than Arrington and a #1, so if you've got the chance to throw the ring into the moulton mountain in mordor (aka Washington) ... DO IT.

Denver did it with Portis and it worked out fine for them -- and Champ didn't contribute nearly as much as Arrington and a #1 could for the Vikes.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are people really THAT high on Arrington?  I mean, I understand that Randy Moss is an idiot, but trading him for a linebacker is crazy.  As for trading him for Buchanon, I wouldn't trade one of the best WR in the league for a position that has been neutered by the "emphasis" on the contact rule.  It just doesn't make sense.

664077[/snapback]

Agreed. Arrington is one of the most overrated players in the league. Buchannon is a decent CB but, like Arrington, isn't an "elite" player at his position.

Ed Reed for Moss would be more probable, IMO.

i can't stand this idle chatter. granted Moss is an absolute beast, but i don't want him here in DC. He can go elsewhere. I also think that Lavar is a little overated, but i like him here and don't want to see him in another uniform playing against us in the future. i am not so sure we need another receiver.

Moss is a cancer and the combination of him and Snyder would totally blow Gibbs right back outta the league.

663964[/snapback]

Total bull***. Moss is only a cancer in the eyes of the MEDIA. The guy has not worn out his welcome with the team. What has he done really this year? Oh my god, he walked off the field with 2 seconds to play in a game that was lost. A week later he does a silly endzone celebration that is called DISGUSTING by that idiot Joe Buck. It was NO BIG DEAL. And then in the playoffs the guy is PLAYING HURT in Philly and gets called out for not trying. Absolute BULL***. The guy probably shouldn't even be on the field.

Bottom line: Moss is a playmaker and a big fan draw. No way do the Vikings trade him, especially with the way the MEDIA has devalued him. There's no way they could get the Herschel Walker like compensation back from another team because of this.

Interesting item: Ray Lewis was interviewed and asked who would he rather have as a teammate, TO or Moss. Ray said he would rather have Moss because as a man Randy has NEVER put himself above others and called out other players like the self obsessed TO has.

As a side, how many products/endorsements have you ever seen Randy Moss engage in? NONE. The guy doesn't do well with the media and just wants to play ball. The media gets pissed off at that and paints a very unfair picture of Randy. Look, i'm not saying Randy makes all the correct decisions in some of his behaviors, but what player does? IMHO Randy's contributions on the field far outweigh the overblown supposed "distractions" he causes. If i'm an NFL GM I would LOVE to have Randy Moss on my team.

Edited by CaP'N GRuNGe

Total bull***. Moss is only a cancer in the eyes of the MEDIA. The guy has not worn out his welcome with the team. What has he done really this year? Oh my god, he walked off the field with 2 seconds to play in a game that was lost. A week later he does a silly endzone celebration that is called DISGUSTING by that idiot Joe Buck. It was NO BIG DEAL. And then in the playoffs the guy is PLAYING HURT in Philly and gets called out for not trying. Absolute BULL***. The guy probably shouldn't even be on the field.

Bottom line: Moss is a playmaker and a big fan draw. No way do the Vikings trade him, especially with the way the MEDIA has devalued him. There's no way they could get the Herschel Walker like compensation back from another team because of this.

Interesting item: Ray Lewis was interviewed and asked who would he rather have as a teammate, TO or Moss. Ray said he would rather have Moss because as a man Randy has NEVER put himself above others and called out other players like the self obsessed TO has.

As a side, how many products/endorsements have you ever seen Randy Moss engage in? NONE. The guy doesn't do well with the media and just wants to play ball. The media gets pissed off at that and paints a very unfair picture of Randy. Look, i'm not saying Randy makes all the correct decisions in some of his behaviors, but what player does? IMHO Randy's contributions on the field far outweigh the overblown supposed "distractions" he causes. If i'm an NFL GM I would LOVE to have Randy Moss on my team.

664235[/snapback]

Then keep him and continue to miss the playoffs... Moss is a thug and shows it every chance he gets...

Agreed.  Arrington is one of the most overrated players in the league.  Buchannon is a decent CB but, like Arrington, isn't an "elite" player at his position.

664184[/snapback]

LMAO @ Arrington being refered to "the most overrated" then "elite". :DB)

As a vikes fan I'm not sure I want Arrington. Geez, the way Marcus Washington played this year I think i'd rather have him. :D

664235[/snapback]

Yep, how soon we forget how much of a big mouth TO is. :D

Edited by WaterMan

Moss in Eagle green would be fine with me, Lined up on the other side as TO.

664235[/snapback]

Ray-Ray is just mad that T.O. pretty much *** slapped him and The Ravens TWICE this year. Once by refusing to go play with a skunk like Kyle Boller, and twice by dancing in his face after his Eagles rolled past The Ravens.

as for product endorsements go, maybe these corporations don't really want a pot smoking, ref squirting, "I play when I feel like it" kind of guy as their poster-boy- ever think of that?

and I too would love to see Randy line up opposite T.O. in Eagle Green :D

Got to drop this one on a skins fan over a beer at lunch today. He about spit out half a pint. Not at the thought of losing Arrington, but at having Moss. I don't really care where Moss goes, but it seems that almost every homer has a rather stong opinion about him when he's mentioned with their team.

Moss to Atlanta would be something but I don't see it happening.

664191[/snapback]

That would never happen. Art Blank is only interested in fielding a team of quality individuals, both on & off the field.

Quality individual & Randy Moss go together like oil & water.

Agreed.  Arrington is one of the most overrated players in the league.  Buchannon is a decent CB but, like Arrington, isn't an "elite" player at his position.

Ed Reed for Moss would be more probable, IMO.

664184[/snapback]

:D

Minnesota would have to add something in to get Ed Reed for Moss ...

What makes you say that?  Reed's certainly a stud, but Moss is probably the most talented WR in NFL history.

665595[/snapback]

Thanks for asking ...

From a philosophical standpoint, attitude and impact on team chemistry for one thing ... losership vs leadership ... but beyond that ...

From a performance standpoint, I wonder if Ed Reed isn't farther ahead of the other top defensive backs than Moss is (at this point in his career) ahead of the other top WRs ...

From a practical standpoint, I was considering, "why would Baltimore make this deal" and thinking that to get them to pull the trigger (strengthen the offense, weaken the defense), the deal would need to be sweeter ... where as for minney, they might be willing to do it straight up.

Thanks for asking ...

From a philosophical standpoint, attitude and impact on team chemistry for one thing ... losership vs leadership ... but beyond that ...

From a performance standpoint, I wonder if Ed Reed isn't farther ahead of the other top defensive backs than Moss is (at this point in his career) ahead of the other top WRs ...

From a practical standpoint, I was considering, "why would Baltimore make this deal" and thinking that to get them to pull the trigger (strengthen the offense, weaken the defense), the deal would need to be sweeter ... where as for minney, they might be willing to do it straight up.

665619[/snapback]

Well, I don't necessarily disagree with the team chemistry point. Then again, TO didn't exactly destroy Philly's team chemistry (despite what some of the pundits predicted).

I still don't think that Moss is more valuable than Reed for three reasons:

(1) Moss is, easily, the most talented WR in the game today. In terms of pure talent, he's probably better than Jerry Rice in his prime. While Ed Reed is a VERY good SS, he's not Ronnie Lott.

(2) Having a stud SS, IMO, is less important than having a stud WR. Strong safety isn't as much of an "impact position" on defense as DE or MLB. On the other hand, the TO and the Eagles are a perfect example of WR being an "impact position" on offense.

(3) The Ravens need a stud WR more than they need a stud SS. There are a lot of great players on that defense. On the other hand, Baltimore's offense (their passing game, in particular) is in dire need of help.

(3) The Ravens need a stud WR more than they need a stud SS.  There are a lot of great players on that defense.  On the other hand, Baltimore's offense (their passing game, in particular) is in dire need of help.

665668[/snapback]

Will an impact WR help the Ravens offense as much as an upgrade at QB?

Will an impact WR help the Ravens offense as much as an upgrade at QB?

666077[/snapback]

That's a good point. But if Moss can make Gus Frerotte look like a stud, I'm sure that he can help Boller as well.

Edited by Bill Swerski