[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who will announce retirement the first?

DMD

Who will retire first?  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Who will retire first?

• Emmitt Smith
    • Jerry Rice
    • Brett Favre
    • Stephen Davis
    • Rich Gannon

Steve McNair?

663972[/snapback]

Good suggestion. It could happen. I read somewhere that the Titans are having salary cap trouble and some players like Mason could be released. If the team loses some good players, I wonder if McNair will stay around. :D

Gannon and Eddie George are toast. Davis may have some gas left, but will have to take a HUGE paycut. Favre and McNair are still capable. Surprisingly, both Emmitt and Rice are still effective (Jerry as a slot receiver, that is). They'll both play until their knees turn to Jell-O.

All of them should retire except Davis and Favre. Favre is the only one still on top of his game and with a better defense, he could win a Super Bowl easily.

IF (big IF), Davis' knee is 100% again, he could still be a good back.

I think Faulk is done too, his knees are shot. Sad to see him go, I think other than Barry Sanders, he's the most electrifying RB I've ever had the pleasure of watching. I remember a college game where he did a cartwheel to avoid hitting the ground and continued running. Amazing!