[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I feel sorry for Big Ben

Pigskin Junkie

This kid could finally be the one to get Steelers fans out of dwelling on the 70's.

Big Ben has all the tools, I hope the Steelers keep their team intact to see what happens over the next few years. ( Re-sign Plex and so on. )

664640[/snapback]

I hope that you are right.... he fits Pittsburgh like a glove

The Plex thing makes me nervous, history says that they let him go, however, it seems like a very bad move.... just have to wait and see.

Ben better play ALOT better than he did last week. The Steelers should have lost to the Jets, but won in spite of Ben's horrible mistakes. The Pats dont have a weak kicker that will miss giveme field goals..

Edited by spain

Ben better ALOT better than he did last week.  The Steelers should have lost to the Jets, but won in spite of Ben's horrible mistakes.  The Pats dont have a weak kicker that will miss giveme field goals..

664643[/snapback]

Yes and yes.

however, those were not "giveme" field goals, especially at Heinz. But, that being said Vinatieri would be more likely than any other kicker to make these at Heinz.

Yes and yes. 

however, those were not "giveme" field goals, especially at Heinz.  But, that being said Vinatieri would be more likely than any other kicker to make these at Heinz.

664646[/snapback]

I agree, I blame the coach for not recognizing that Pitt is a tough stadium to kick in and trying to get 5-10 more yards and playing not to lose rather than to win.

Ben is in a great situation. Expectations are low. He is a 3 point underdog.

If he pulls this off the city of Pittsburgh will probably put up a statue of him outside Heinz Field, and he'll eat free anywhere in the metro until he is 98. If the Steelers lose? Hey, nobody gave them a chance anyway, and that rookie winning streak is a nice consolation prize.

There may not be as much pressure on Ben as there is on Tom Brady.

Yes and yes. 

however, those were not "giveme" field goals, especially at Heinz.  But, that being said Vinatieri would be more likely than any other kicker to make these at Heinz.

664646[/snapback]

There's a guy named Reed who kicks pretty well at Heinz Field :D

There may not be as much pressure on Ben as there is on Tom Brady.

665570[/snapback]

Agreed.

Ben is a rookie who played poory in his first playoff game. Everyone acknowledges that Ben's success has been largely as a result of his team's great defense and running game.

Brady is a two-time Superbowl MVP who has never lost a playoff game. He's viewed as the second-coming of Montana and the best big-game QB in the league.

Everyone expects Brady to out-perform Ben. The pundits all expect Brady to win this game, and that the Pats D will make Ben look like the rookie he is.

With the higher expectations on Brady, there is more pressure on Brady.