Lawyer Milloy is not a team player

uglytuna

Just read this article. He had praise for the team but he definitely still has issues. He said the team concept is great but (get this) "you can't feed your family with Super Bowl rings." I think we know why he is gone from this team and why I believe Ty will be gone also. This may be a recurring theme with this team when guys figure that their not getting enough credit and want more money and end up leaving. The SB statement by Milloy cracks me up though. I think he could feed his family AND get the rings here.

Its bbviously, he's not Patriot material. Athletes have no excuse for talking about feeding their families. They can feed their family for 10 years with one game's salary.

Ugly :D Tuna

He's a team player, just not on your team.

665096[/snapback]

That's actually not quite true - he was always considered selfish by the Pats' management, but he was smart enough and good enough to make up for the selfishness. Once he lost a step, the selfishness tipped the scales and they let him go.

That's actually not quite true - he was always considered selfish by the Pats' management, but he was smart enough and good enough to make up for the selfishness.  Once he lost a step, the selfishness tipped the scales and they let him go.

665116[/snapback]

Interesting, as Belichick is on record saying that releasing him was "the hardest thing" for him to do as a coach/GM.

Interesting, as Belichick is on record saying that releasing him was "the hardest thing" for him to do as a coach/GM.

665167[/snapback]

b/c they were close friends dating back to when Beli was D coordinator under Parcells and Milloy was one of the emotional leaders of the team. That has nothing to do with the fact that Beli considered him a selfish player . . . people can be friends with selfish players.

I believe there's a whole chapter on it in Patriot Reign - check it out for yourself.

"you can't feed your family with Super Bowl rings."

665083[/snapback]

You can't feed them with mansions, SUVs, swimming pools, gold chains, or diamond earings, either. :D

(the really bad word) you, Lawyer, from all of us who feed our families on 1/50th of what you make.

b/c they were close friends dating back to when Beli was D coordinator under Parcells and Milloy was one of the emotional leaders of the team.  That has nothing to do with the fact that Beli considered him a selfish player . . . people can be friends with selfish players. 

I believe there's a whole chapter on it in Patriot Reign - check it out for yourself.

665175[/snapback]

Nah, I'll take your word for it. The last thing I want to do right now is read a book about the Pats' success. Especially one that's so poorly written, acoording to you.

Edited by Bill Swerski

Just read this article. He had praise for the team but he definitely still has issues. He said the team concept is great but (get this) "you can't feed your family with Super Bowl rings." I think we know why he is gone from this team and why I believe Ty will be gone also. This may be a recurring theme with this team when guys figure that their not getting enough credit and want more money and end up leaving. The SB statement by Milloy cracks me up though. I think he could feed his family AND get the rings here.

Its bbviously, he's not Patriot material. Athletes have no excuse for talking about feeding their families. They can feed their family for 10 years with one game's salary.

665083[/snapback]

The UT has a great point here. The "feeding family" thing is outrageous. Many fans won't make in a lifetime what players will make in a single year ... God forbid it happen to anyyyyyone -- but if an athlete ever ends up squandering the millions and living in a culvert, maybe the universe could see fit from a karma perspective that it be one of these hose-heads who can't feed their families on a few million a year ...

Especially one that's so poorly written, acoording to you.

665198[/snapback]

It's brutal - I was expecting to see cartoon drawings of a big, evil Parcells, Beli in a cape standing over Tom Jackson etc. Just brutal.

good question..one im not prepared to answer

665273[/snapback]

He's gone. People still consider him one of the best corners in the league for some reason, so he'll get a fat signing bonus to go elsewhere. Pats would stupid to give him too much money, as they haven't appeared any worse off than when he was healthy earlier in the year.

He's gone.  People still consider him one of the best corners in the league for some reason, so he'll get a fat signing bonus to go elsewhere.  Pats would stupid to give him too much money, as they haven't appeared any worse off than when he was healthy earlier in the year.

665296[/snapback]

my only question is if theres anyone dumb enough to give up a pick for him..like maybe Dallas giving up a 2nd rounder

my only question is if theres anyone dumb enough to give up a pick for him..like maybe Dallas giving up a 2nd rounder

665310[/snapback]

I doubt Parcells is that stupid. It would take someone really f-ing dumb . . . like Martz or Tice.

Early rumors have Ty Law going to the Jets.  I won't rule out the Bills either but I can't imagine Bill Belichick trading him to a team in the AFC EAST.

665337[/snapback]

Sshhh - there are no early rumors w/r/t Law.

Given the fact that they already traded Bledsoe to the Bills, I hope your second sentence is a joke.

You can't feed them with mansions, SUVs, swimming pools, gold chains, or diamond earings, either.  :D

(the really bad word) you, Lawyer, from all of us who feed our families on 1/50th of what you make.

665198[/snapback]

Hear ye, hear ye! :D

My sentiments exactly. If there was a more venomous way to say it I would. I wish right after a statement like that someone would dress down their babytarded, self indignant, self centered,...(all of those self words!) a$$!

665198[/snapback]

:D

Every time one of these jackasses makes this or any similar statement about feeding their family they should be made to live the next year of their life on $20,000.

You can't feed them with mansions, SUVs, swimming pools, gold chains, or diamond earings, either.  :D

665198[/snapback]

Wow.... I don't think that can possibly be said any better. :D