[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Best NFL Player Today

broncosn05

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok it's my turn...

Enough of this sh*t. Peyton is a better this. Peyton is a better that. It'sis crap. Vick doesn't need to throw it because he runs. Vick doesn't have a Marvin Harrison. Vick has a Crumpler and that's it. The ATL Passing game doesn't suck the ATL passing game is just not needed!!

:D:D

Ok it's my turn...

Enough of this sh*t.  Peyton is a better this.  Peyton is a better that.  It'sis crap.  Vick doesn't need to throw it because he runs.  Vick doesn't have a Marvin Harrison.  Vick has a Crumpler and that's it.  The ATL Passing game doesn't suck the ATL passing game is just not needed!!

:D  :D

666413[/snapback]

Wow - a team so good that they don't even need a passing game.

So, are you saying that Warrick Dunn is the best player in the NFL today. or TJ Duckett?

After reading Swerski's and Captain Hook's mauling of phenom and JJ, I think I have changed my tune on my recent substantive post.

I'd like to point out this thread is about the best NFL player. Manning certainly should be playing in the defense because he knows what teams are trying to do on offense, and Peppers should be playing offense because his teams can't get it done against Vick. The MVP isn't relevant here and I don't think any one individual's stats against one team or another makes or breaks their respective case.

What do y'all think about McNabb? He is a great all around QB and has lost more NFC championships than Vick has made it to....since this suggestion will disintegrate into a "why McNabb sucks more than Vick" topic!

Please note: my use of the English language and my punctuation have always been above the substandard levels of the average Huddler so you know I have a point!

:D

I thought this thread was "Best NFL Player Today", not the MVP on a given team.  That's a big difference.

666388[/snapback]

Very good points rhino.

As I was typing my response, I knew that was the angle I was taking, mainly because in my opinion, trying the determine the best player by basically a subjective opinion just turns it into a "my homer is better than your homer" argument. Much as Bill Swerski, et al do when throwing insults back and forth to one another.

As I was thinking of my argument, I think the angle I took maybe represents a better way to evaluate the Best Player argument. To me, the best player is one that, if he goes down, how does the TEAM respond. I have always thought this when various leagues hand out MVP awards, which are usually given to the individual who has the best stats, not the one who is actually the MOST VALUABLE in the team concept.

And an edit: when your argument gets around to criticizing one's grasping of the English language, it's time to give up and go home. Because that really makes you look bad as well. JMHO.

Edited by Chief Dick

Actually it was more of a right cross to the nose because of your supposed superiority complex when you say people should do more research.  Well I did the research and your idea of Manning beating the Patriots multiple times is 2.  And your just mad that Vick is playing and the only way you can see Manning is when he is screaming cut that meat.........

Just to edit it's funny that your idea of the two best players at their respective positions aren't playing anymore..........

666372[/snapback]

I wonder if the superiority complex is really a napoleon complex??

I think Bruschi is an awesome Linebacker...I think R. Lewis is great too...but something about Bruschi makes that decimated defense unbelievable. He does excellent pass coverage and still manages to read the run...

Same reason i will own Rajn's sig 1 week...

I think Bruschi is an awesome Linebacker...I think R. Lewis is great too...but something about Bruschi makes that decimated defense unbelievable. He does excellent pass coverage and still manages to read the run...

Same reason i will own Rajn's sig 1 week...

666503[/snapback]

Oh shat...I didn't capitalize the "i" .... :D now no one understood my post!

Oh shat...I didn't capitalize the "i" .... :D now no one understood my post!

666505[/snapback]

Not to mention you misspelled manure as well so I haven't understood your last two posts!! :D

And while I like both the Aints and the Pats, I do think when you and rajn meet on the battlefield next year, rajn's bloodsoaked carcass will be all that is left!

Not to mention you misspelled manure as well so I haven't understood your last two posts!!  :D

And while I like both the Aints and the Pats, I do think when you and rajn meet on the battlefield next year, rajn's bloodsoaked carcass will be all that is left!

666528[/snapback]

wait...can you say *** without all the asterisks???

poo poo

:D ***

As much as I despise the patriots, its hard not to say Brady is the best QB in football. He doesnt make mistakes in big games. He's like Jeter, not the best stats, but I'll take him biggametime over anyone else.

For defense Ed Reed of the Ravens seems to be the best currently.

As much as I despise the patriots, its hard not to say Brady is the best QB in football.  He doesnt make mistakes in big games.  He's like Jeter, not the best stats, but I'll take him biggametime over anyone else.

666563[/snapback]

But you see, some Peyton worshippers think Brady is Trent Dilfer only because he has a defense.

I have reached 1,000 posts now thanks to some PP :D

665604[/snapback]

I think that PP is the understatment of the year...you've managed to post over 260 times since you had your 1,000 th post...

Was that even 24 hrs. ago???

Does anyone know what the record is for posts in one day? Just curious.

Hey Broncos, do you go to school, or work, or have a family, or ever leave your computer....inquiring minds want to know.

Ben

I would Have to say Shaun Alexander, Because he is the best running back in the nfl. Its that simple!

667841[/snapback]

I don't think RBs are the best players because of the difficulty of the position compared to others. You can plug and play a rookie RB, not so with QB/WRs (rare instances such as Marino, Moss).

And I have Alexander in a keeper league and I wonder how he would do if he had to make plays of his own.... :D

Teams that have had success against the Pats

Miami is 3-5 against them since 2001

Denver is 2-1 against them since 2001

Oakland is 1-1 against them since 2001

So it can be done.  It's just that Manning can't do it.  And I can't think of one great QB that had one team that could just shut him down.  I don't think the Patriots could shut Montana, Elway, Favre, Young or even Aikman down consistently.  But that's what's happened to Manning.  How can you be the best when everyone knows your weakness?

I think the quality of the player determines the quality of the contract.  Don't you agree?

No Vick does not have anywhere near the supporting cast of any of the other playoff teams.

The only other team that I think has playmakers on par with Atlanta's is Philly.  Mcnabb does a lot with some weak WR's but he had TO this year and he had his best year.  The Jets also have some weak WR's but they have the leading rusher in Martin this year.  If you think Dunn is so good why is this his first 1,000 yard season since 2001?  What happened last year when Vick was out; oh yeah he gained a whole 672 yards.  Duckett is just a good change of pace back who gets injured a little too much.  Price is too soft, he's already complained about getting double teamed.  The Falcons should lean more to Michael Jenkins and Brian Finneran as the wideouts and put Price in just to spread out the defense..........

666354[/snapback]

Who gives a crap about 2-3 games? Oakland? Denver? Those records are completely irrelevant. And Miami (with Ricky Williams) is a COMPLETELY different team, so throwing their record vs. the Pats is somewhat moot, too.

I do agree with your points on the specifics of the Philly and Atlanta offenses, though.

I think that PP is the understatment of the year...you've managed to post over 260 times since you had your 1,000 th post...

Was that even 24 hrs. ago???

Does anyone know what the record is for posts in one day?  Just curious.

Hey Broncos, do you go to school, or work, or have a family, or ever leave your computer....inquiring minds want to know.

Ben

667661[/snapback]

I have logged onto the fantasy football forum several times and have seen - literally - the entire first page of threads with your name as the last poster.

And 9 times out of 10, your post reads something like: "I agree". :D

Perhaps it's cuz you're on the flip side of the egg we call Earth so you post at odd hours. :D

B)

Who gives a crap about 2-3 games?  Oakland?  Denver?  Those records are completely irrelevant.  And Miami (with Ricky Williams) is a COMPLETELY different team, so throwing their record vs. the Pats is somewhat moot, too.

I do agree with your points on the specifics of the Philly and Atlanta offenses, though.

668120[/snapback]

Well he wanted to know who has had success against the Patriots. So I went back to when they were a relevant team which was 2001. That was only 3-4 years ago whichever way you want to look at it. So unless you play in their division how many games are you going to play against any one team? Indianapolis has played the Patriots quite a bit in the last 3-4 years and has had zero success against them. Other teams have at least won against them in the recent past. Indy has not been one of them............

wait...can you say *** without all the asterisks???

poo poo

:D ***

666547[/snapback]

They took the filter off for the f word. Just try to type it again. It'll work, I promise.