[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NE at Pit

skinpig

New England @ Pittsburgh

Possible game scenarios (from least likely to most likely):

1)

-PIT able to run and stop the run

-NE forced into passing situations

-PIT forces turnovers

-PIT gets big early lead

>PIT-24 NE-13 :D

2)

-both teams run effectively

-passing games open up

-few turnovers

-many lead changes

>NE-27 PIT-23 :D

3)

-neither team can run effectively

-defensive field position game

-few turnovers

-kicking and punting games determine winner

>NE-13 Pit-10 B)

4)

-NE able to run and stop the run

-Pit forced into passing situations

-NE forces turnovers

-NE gets big early lead

>NE-27 Pit-10 :D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The only way for Pit to win this game is to run and stop the run. That is how they won in October. This is January however, and I believe the chances of that combo happening again are somewhere between nil and none.

There is NO WAY Pit will run the ball effectively against NE this time. Bank on it. This will force Pit into the air, where Roethy will be chewed up and spit out. Maddox will probably enter the game sometime late in the 3rd quarter as it becomes obvious that Roethy might get killed. It won’t matter. Dillon will be killin’ the clock by then.

NE will be able to run the ball effectively against Pit. Dillon is the best running back in the league right now, as the world will soon see. There is NO WAY Pit is going to stop him from moving the ball and chain and eating up the clock. This will open up the passing game enough for Brady to toss his usual 2 scores.

:D

edited to add the h in Pittsburgh

Edited by skinpig

You know, it's funny. Last week many were predicting major shootouts for the Colts/Pats game. "If the Pats are going to keep pace, yadda, yadda, yadda..." and it turned out to be a defensive performance for the ages.

Makes you wonder if this week could be the opposite. Two top defensive teams end up in a shootout. Hmm.... :D

New England @ Pittsburg

Possible game scenarios (from least likely to most likely):

1)

-PIT able to run and stop the run

-NE forced into passing situations

-PIT forces turnovers

-PIT gets big early lead

>PIT-24 NE-13 :D

2)

-both teams run effectively

-passing games open up

-few turnovers

-many lead changes

>NE-27 PIT-23  :D

3)

-neither team can run effectively

-defensive field position game

-few turnovers

-kicking and punting games determine winner

>NE-13 Pit-10 :D 

4)

-NE able to run and stop the run

-Pit forced into passing situations

-NE forces turnovers

-NE gets big early lead

>NE-27 Pit-10 B)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The only way for Pit to win this game is to run and stop the run. That is how they won in October. This is January however, and I believe the chances of that combo happening again are somewhere between nil and none.

There is NO WAY Pit will run the ball effectively against NE this time. Bank on it. This will force Pit into the air, where Roethy will be chewed up and spit out. Maddox will probably enter the game sometime late in the 3rd quarter as it becomes obvious that Roethy might get killed. It won’t matter. Dillon will be killin’ the clock by then.

NE will be able to run the ball effectively against Pit. Dillon is the best running back in the league right now, as the world will soon see. There is NO WAY Pit is going to stop him from moving the ball and chain and eating up the clock. This will open up the passing game enough for Brady to toss his usual 2 scores.

B)

667935[/snapback]

Don't forget that the Pats had two starting offensive linemen either out, or starting for the first time at their position that day (Gorin). Brady's coverage was pretty sketchy. They've jelled a lot since that week. He also didn't have Deion Branch. We don't even have to go to the Dillon thing.

Don't forget that the Pats had two starting offensive linemen either out, or starting for the first time at their position that day (Gorin). Brady's coverage was pretty sketchy. They've jelled a lot since that week. He also didn't have Deion Branch. We don't even have to go to the Dillon thing.

667963[/snapback]

Oh dear lord, will it ever stop. :D Check the Steelers injuries this year and from that game. Problem is, there is no reason to make excuses when you don't lose !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No excuses. I'm just saying, expect Brady's pocket protection to be tougher today than it was in October.

667970[/snapback]

Sorry, I'm fired up. Although I do question the "no excuses" your post two posts up was nothing but.....

Edited by Menudo

How's that? The Steelers totally took advantage of the Pats' weaknesses that day and forced them out of their game plan in the first quarter. That =  a win most days, no?

668023[/snapback]

I like you Czar. I'm not trying to start a sparring match with you. I might have misunderstood, I thought when you were saying everybody that was injured in the first game, you were making excuses, but I guess you were just trying to make the point that they will be playing today and will make a difference. My bad.

How many yards on the ground do you think Pittsburgh will get?  What's your definition of "effectively"?

I say they go for a buck fiddy  :D

668029[/snapback]

good question B)

By 'effectively' I mean:

-moving the ball enough to set up 3rd and short

-moving the chains

-controling the ball and the clock

-gaining 100+ yards or so

With history as a guide...I'd say Pit will get about 50 yards...just look at the NE history in Belichick era playoff games... :D

good question :D

By 'effectively' I mean:

-moving the ball enough to set up 3rd and short

-moving the chains

-controling the ball and the clock

-gaining 100+ yards or so

With history as a guide...I'd say Pit will get about 50 yards...just look at the NE history in Belichick era playoff games... :D

668080[/snapback]

I can't wait until the Steelers shut these guys up.

New England @ Pittsburg

667935[/snapback]

Stopped reading right there. If dude doesn't even know who is playing or where, I figure he doesn't have anything important to say.

Pittsburg is in Kansas, and they have no NFL franchise

PittsburgH is a city in Pennsylvania, home of the best franchise in the history of the NFL

Stopped reading right there.  If dude doesn't even know who is playing or where, I figure he doesn't have anything important to say.

668113[/snapback]

huh?

How does leaving the h off translate to 'who is playing or where'? You can't figure out that 'Pittsburg' meant Pittsburgh? :D

I could of stopped reading right with your first incomplete sentence--but who cares? :D

huh?

How does leaving the h off translate to 'who is playing or where'? You can't figure out that 'Pittsburg' meant Pittsburgh? :D

I could of stopped reading right with your first incomplete sentence--but who cares? B)

668130[/snapback]

Squeegie is awesome !!!! Leave here alone..... :D

:D Oh, and you will spell it correctly after tonight. It will be in all of the Super Bowl previews.

Edited by Menudo

huh?

I could of stopped reading right with your first incomplete sentence--but who cares? B)

668130[/snapback]

You obviously did not know the name of the team which was playing ("Pittsburgh Steelers"), or where the game was being played (Pittsburgh, PA, not Pittsburg, KS). And if you think that was an incomplete sentence, your grammar is as bad as your geography. :D

Lighen up - I was just fawking with you. :D

You obviously did not know the name of the team which was playing ("Pittsburgh Steelers"), or where the game was being played (Pittsburgh, PA, not Pittsburg, KS).  And if you think that was an incomplete sentence, your grammar is as bad as your geography.  :D

Lighen up - I was just fawking with you.   :D

668141[/snapback]

For the record, there is a "Pittsburg" in the Bay Area, California, too. B)

Darn Coast bias. :D

Edited by darin3