[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Have I Officially Lost My Mind ?

Menudo

Here I sit in my basement loaded down with as much Steeler memorabilia as I can possibly fit into it. I've got Steeler Games of the Week on my 60" TV, while I have a homeade Steeler CD blaring out my surround sound. I'm dressed in my full Steeler attire and drinking IC Lights. My dog whose name is Bettis is sitting beside me in his Bettis jersey. Bettis Picture The thought just hit me, I'm 30 years old and doing all of this by myself (Friends will be here in 1 hour) I started thinking, am I pathetic ? My answer was a resounding YES, but I LOVE THE HELL OUT OF IT !!!!!!!!! HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Menudo

Here I sit in my basement loaded down with as much Steeler memorabilia as I can possibly fit into it.  I've got Steeler Games of the Week on my 60" TV, while I have a homeade Steeler CD blaring out my surround sound.  I'm dressed in my full Steeler attire and drinking IC Lights.  My dog whose name is Bettis is sitting beside me in his Bettis jersey.  Bettis Picture  The thought just hit me, I'm 30 years old and doing all of this by myself  (Friends will be here in 1 hour)  I started thinking, am I pathetic ?  My answer was a resounding YES, but I LOVE THE HELL OUT OF IT  !!!!!!!!!    HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

667945[/snapback]

Negs - you're just an overzealous fan setting yourself (and your dog) up for disappointment. One thing - if you do that "here we go Steelers" crap by yourself, then you ARE pathetic. Dig it.

Menudo, I saw on the other post you live in Lebanon.  Is that near Royal Oaks Golf course.  And if so, and you play, what kind of shape is it in.  I imagine snow covered today.

667994[/snapback]

Yep, it is about 5 minutes from my house. I play golf, but not as much as I used to. Royal Oaks is usally kept in great shape. They do a good job with it. I always struggle on that course though. :D My favorite course is Fairview, it is not too difficult, not too expensive, and they always keep it in immaculate condition.

Negs - you're just an overzealous fan setting yourself (and your dog) up for disappointment.  One thing - if you do that "here we go Steelers" crap by yourself, then you ARE pathetic.  Dig it.

667996[/snapback]

I have been know to waive a terrible towel by myself !!! :D

Yep, it is about 5 minutes from my house.  I play golf, but not as much as I used to.  Royal Oaks is usally kept in great shape.  They do a good job with it.  I always struggle on that course though.  :D  My favorite course is Fairview, it is not too difficult, not too expensive, and they always keep it in immaculate condition.

667997[/snapback]

Never heard of it but would maybe like to try it. Is it in Lebanon? In my normal foursome, two of the guys think they are pros and won't play anything "too easy". It's not one of those 4800 yard courses with 6 or 7 par threes is it.

I was expecting to see the pic of your dog Bettis, in his Bettis jersey :D

BTW, You're not a loser, just a huge fan.

Ditto for me here in Hotlanta..sans the dog named Vick. :D

Edited by Big Score 1

Never heard of it but would maybe like to try it.  Is it in Lebanon?  In my normal foursome, two of the guys think they are pros and won't play anything "too easy".  It's not one of those 4800 yard courses with 6 or 7 par threes is it.

668005[/snapback]

Yes, it is in Lebanon and no, it is a standard course. I just personally find it easier, probably because I played it so much. I'm not that great of a golfer, any course that gets me in the 90-93 range is good for me.

I was expecting to see the pic of your dog Bettis, in his Bettis jersey :D

BTW, You're not a loser, just a huge fan.

Ditto for me here in Hotlanta..sans the dog named Vick. :D

668007[/snapback]

Ask and you shall receive:

Bettis In His Jersey

This is when he was a puppy though.

While were at it:

Bettis Amstel Commercial

Edited by Menudo

Yes, it is in Lebanon and no, it is a standard course.  I just personally find it easier, probably because I played it so much.  I'm not that great of a golfer, any course that gets me in the 90-93 range is good for me.

668009[/snapback]

Thanks for the info. Enjoy the games.

I thought Bettis would be a Rotti.

With a retriever like that... he should be named after a pretty boy like Brady.

EDIT:  Looks like Puddy and I are on the same page.

667993[/snapback]

My wife had the following options for names:

Hines, Bettis, Lloyd, Cowher, or Steeler

She chose Bettis.

Im suprised Lee Flowers wasnt an option

668020[/snapback]

Why do you have to bust on Lee Flowers ? Flowers was a hard hitting safety, just too slow in the pass game. Don't worry, we have a bit better strong safety now, trust me, you WILL see a lot of him today.

Edited by Menudo

are the Patriots "paper champions"?

668030[/snapback]

Where did I say that ? I have nothing but the utmost respect for the Patriots. They are a great team with a great coach and this is going to be a great game. Look up some of my posts, I never say anything bad about the Patriots. They are a class organization, but so are the Steelers.

Where did I say that ?  I have nothing but the utmost respect for the Patriots.  They are a great team with a great coach and this is going to be a great game.  Look up some of my posts, I never say anything bad about the Patriots.  They are a class organization, but so are the Steelers.

668032[/snapback]

pipe down Poet Laureate...you dont get the reference? lay off that(stuff you guys call beer) Iron City

pipe down Poet Laureate...you dont get the reference? lay off that(stuff you guys call beer) Iron City

668035[/snapback]

My bad dude, I remember him saying that, but wasn't it about the Bucs ? :D I just wanted another chance to say how great the Patriots are. :D

Edited by Menudo

668035[/snapback]

It's better than Samuel Adams, and a LOT cheaper. Isn't Sam Adams a Boston brew ?