[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steelers already on their heels.

Grits and Shins

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nantz is almost openly rooting for the Steelers....was against the Givens knee being down, now agianst this one being a catch...Givens seemed to have control when it hit the ground (the TB Bucs rule, Bert Emanuel was it?) but I wouldn't be shocked if they overturned this one.

Edited by msaint

Nantz is almost openly rooting for the Steelers....was against the Givens knee being down, now agianst this one being a catch...Givens seemed to have control when it hit the ground (the TB Bucs rule, Bert Emanuel was it?) but I wouldn't be shocked if they overturned this one.

668624[/snapback]

And they did, I was not sure since the ball shifted around as he (Givens) was rolling onto his back.

Great challenge by Pittsburgh.

And they did, I was not sure since the ball shifted around as he (Givens) was rolling onto his back.

Great challenge by Pittsburgh.

668626[/snapback]

Enough evidence to overturn? I disagree - he came out from under the hood way too soon. There's no way that any of those shots were irrefutable evidence that he lost control.

Enough evidence to overturn?  I disagree - he came out from under the hood way too soon.  There's no way that any of those shots were irrefutable evidence that he lost control.

668635[/snapback]

I am still unsure if the refs made the right call.

Was it because the nose of the ball hit the ground?

or

Because it shifted after he began rolling onto his back?

I guess we'll have to wait and see why the ref made his decision. If PIT manages to pull this one out, I'm sure the media will key in on that play.

Who thinks that was the right call on kicking the field goal ?  I am a bit surprised they didn't go for it.  I mean , worse case scenario the Pats take over at their own 4.

668640[/snapback]

I think it was the right call. They needed the three. Why put the ball in the Pats hands without getting some points. Don't forget the first half, it's not a given with the D today. The three points will fire them up some more.

Who thinks that was the right call on kicking the field goal ?  I am a bit surprised they didn't go for it.  I mean , worse case scenario the Pats take over at their own 4.

668640[/snapback]

I think it was a good call. Now another FG can put them in a position to tie with a TD and 2pt conversion.

I don't think it'll happen - but not a bad call.