[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

P.Manning for Bulger, K.Jones, L.Johnson

My roster

Dynasty league $20 per keeper, limit 8 players to keep $200 cap

QB: P. Manning,

RB: j.Lewis, t. Jones, Suggs, Foster-IR, M.Bennett, M.Hicks, Duckett, M.Morris, D.Rhodes, M. Moore, N.Davenport

WR: H.Ward, , Clayton, S. Smith-IR, A.Boldin

TE:

Def:

PK:

Start: 1qb, 2rb, 2wr, 1te, pk, Def.

Standard Scoring: 1pt per 10yds. Rec., 1pt. Per 10yds. Rushing, 6pts. TD,

1pt per 20yds passing, 3pts per passing TD

With only 8 players in the league and one QB to start, finding a new QB shouldn't be a big issue so getting Bulger doesn't really sweeten the deal.

Kevin Jones may come on strong next year. Who knows about LJ...may not find out until later in the off-season.

I don't think there's anything enticing about doing that deal right now, especially since your current RBs are decent for a league of that size.

With only 8 players in the league and one QB to start, finding a new QB shouldn't be a big issue so getting Bulger doesn't really sweeten the deal.

Kevin Jones may come on strong next year. Who knows about LJ...may not find out until later in the off-season.

I don't think there's anything enticing about doing that deal right now, especially since your current RBs are decent for a league of that size.

671195[/snapback]

I think you misinterpreted what they were sayin' -- I think they said they could keep 8 players, max... not that there's 8 in the league.

But yeah, in any league... where you have Manning... you're already at an advantage... so the trade doesn't really jive.

I think you misinterpreted what they were sayin' -- I think they said they could keep 8 players, max... not that there's 8 in the league. 

But yeah, in any league... where you have Manning... you're already at an advantage... so the trade doesn't really jive.

671741[/snapback]

You're right Darin...I missed that...thanks! But I have to figure with the salary cap and the amount of RB talent that will probably be available come draft time, he's better off as he is.

You're right Darin...I missed that...thanks! But I have to figure with the salary cap and the amount of RB talent that will probably be available come draft time, he's better off as he is.

671786[/snapback]

Oh absolutely. With the amount of talent coming out of college... solid 2nd / 3rd year RBs and free agent movement... there's gonna be a lot to choose from!

I'm really looking forward to next season - sheesh, it's not even Super Bowl yet.

Oh absolutely.  With the amount of talent coming out of college... solid 2nd / 3rd year RBs and free agent movement... there's gonna be a lot to choose from!

I'm really looking forward to next season - sheesh, it's not even Super Bowl yet.

671993[/snapback]

Thanks a lot for all the input guys. Sorry I wasn't more clear but it is also an 8 man league. So do you think I should wait and see what happens with guys like bennett and foster, or try to get better rb's in the trade? I'm just concerned that if I keep 7 or 8 players and some others in the league keep only 3 or 4 (some just have weak rosters) that I won't have the cap money to afford one of those rookie RB's.

Edited by dcdietz@usfamily.net

Thanks a lot for all the input guys.  Sorry I wasn't more clear but it is also an 8 man league.  So do you think I should wait and see what happens with guys like bennett and foster, or try to get better rb's in the trade?  I'm just concerned that if I keep 7 or 8 players and some others in the league keep only 3 or 4 (some just have weak rosters) that I won't have the cap money to afford one of those rookie RB's.

672890[/snapback]

Ah, well if it's an 8-man league, I honestly think you can do better with your RBs.

Keep Manning as he's the best QB out there.

Perhaps you wait and see who is keeping who, and at very most you keep 1 RB to ensure you have a pure stud. Lewis, perhaps?

I take this deal as more than fair. QB's are easy to find and manning will not outperform himself this year. Expect his numbers to go down. While not a big Bulger fan he is a good fantasy QB at this point. Kevin Jones is clear cut and I take him over Julius for fun. Larry Johnson will play this year and by the end of the year might be leading you to a championship and is great trade bait.

There is no way you get a better offer than this. I am not saying to take the offer but it is a *** fine offer.

Don't trade Peyton Manning until someone offers you an "indecent proposal" in addtion to a a clear #1 RB (JJones instead of KJones) and a better QB option (McNabb instead of Bulger).

678332[/snapback]

The problem is, no one who has McNabb is going to go after Manning strong enough to give up J.Jones and McNabb. Why would they give up that much to go from McNabb to Manning?

The problem is, no one who has McNabb is going to go after Manning strong enough to give up J.Jones and McNabb.  Why would they give up that much to go from McNabb to Manning?

678532[/snapback]

Wait, you're really overthinking this. Keep Manning. He's the best fantasy QB. So what if there's a slight drop-off? He'll be heads and shoulders better than any other QB. Keep him. Don't listen to posts like this:

I take this deal as more than fair. QB's are easy to find and manning will not outperform himself this year. Expect his numbers to go down. While not a big Bulger fan he is a good fantasy QB at this point. Kevin Jones is clear cut and I take him over Julius for fun. Larry Johnson will play this year and by the end of the year might be leading you to a championship and is great trade bait.

There is no way you get a better offer than this. I am not saying to take the offer but it is a *** fine offer.

678343[/snapback]

Kevin Jones is "clear cut"? And you take him over Julius Jones "for fun"? Now THERE'S some outstanding logic. :D

The problem is, no one who has McNabb is going to go after Manning strong enough to give up J.Jones and McNabb.  Why would they give up that much to go from McNabb to Manning?

678532[/snapback]

Exactly my point. Until someone is ready to give you a foooooolish amount for Manning, hang where you are and enjoy him. Don't get hoodwinked by a Robber Baron's package deal of nearlies and maybies ... :D