[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

60-40 chance Moss is traded

Fatman

Not that he necessarily knows what is going on behind the scenes, but I also heard last week that Cris Carter said that he thought the Vikings would trade Randy Moss this off-season.

668488[/snapback]

I also heard this today. It'll be interesting to see who gos after him.

668489[/snapback]

The article lists the Ravens, and I bet Washington and the Giants wll make some attempt. One other possiblility that I haven't heard discussed could be the Niners, I would think.

The article lists the Ravens, and I bet Washington and the Giants wll make some attempt.  One other possiblility that I haven't heard discussed could be the Niners, I would think.

668495[/snapback]

The Giants or the Jets I think would love to have him, I just don't know if Moss and Coughlin would jive together too well.

The Giants or the Jets I think would love to have him, I just don't know if Moss and Coughlin would jive together too well.

668506[/snapback]

Moss and Coughlin :D That would be a SIGHT TO SEE.. The infamous tight groin or some other little nagging injury the 1st time Tom yanks him from a game..

668489[/snapback]

A friend of mine who lives in California says he has read rumors in the paper that Al Davis wants to bring Moss to the Raiders. Just thought I'd pass it along.

668506[/snapback]

I'd love to see the Jets get him.

Maybe they could do a sign-and-trade with John Abraham going to the Vikings for Moss. That would seem to be a good fit for both teams. Abraham would be Dwight Freeney-like if he played for a dome team.

I guess the only problem would be Randy's effectiveness would probably be diminished playing with a QB that can't throw the ball more than 30 yards in the air. :D

I'd love to see the Jets get him.

Maybe they could do a sign-and-trade with John Abraham going to the Vikings for Moss.  That would seem to be a good fit for both teams.  Abraham would be Dwight Freeney-like if he played for a dome team.

668593[/snapback]

I think I read something to this effect, maybe Abraham and a pick or two for Moss...it was purely speculation from an area writer, but it's a nice thought if you're a Jets fan.

I guess the only problem would be Randy's effectiveness would probably be diminished playing with a QB that can't throw the ball more than 30 yards in the air.  :D

I think it would have somewhat of a negative effect on Randy, but don't forget that the two of them did quite well together while in college. I've often read quotes attributed to Moss that said the best QB he ever played with was Chad Pennington. Also, to be fair to Chad, he's always done pretty well with his weak arm up until the latter part of this year, and I heard today that an MRI revealed that he played with a torn rotator cuff last year and he is having surgery to repair it. I guess what I'm getting at is, Chad certainly doesn't have a huge arm, but it's adequate enough and he makes up for it with his accuracy and intelligence....Montana never had a cannon either.

So far the rumors with teeth have Moss as either Oakland or Washington bound.

I definitely can see either one of those owners making a strong play for Moss, if the trade rumors are for real.

Maybe even Baltimore gets in on the action after getting snubbed by T.O. this year. I think Ozzie would be OK getting Moss in Ravens Purple simply because he knows Ray Ray wouldn't put up with any of Moss' BS.

The Falcons could certainly use a WR of Moss' talent...just not his character. Art Blank would never allow a Randy Moss type individual on his team.

I think I read something to this effect, maybe Abraham and a pick or two for Moss...it was purely speculation from an area writer, but it's a nice thought if you're a Jets fan.

668607[/snapback]

Actually, check that...it was Shaun Ellis and a couple of picks that I heard suggested the Jets try and trade for Randy Moss. Here's a link:

http://www.newsday.com/sports/columnists/n...orts-columnists

The article lists the Ravens, and I bet Washington and the Giants wll make some attempt.  One other possiblility that I haven't heard discussed could be the Niners, I would think.

668495[/snapback]

I'd actually like to see the Giants get him. Don't know how Moss and Coughlin would jive, but it's been some time since we've been able to talk about anything, good or bad really. He may actually make it a little interesting here.

Edited by jgcoach

I'd actually like to see the Giants get him. Don't know how Moss and Coughlin would jive, but it's been some time since we've been able to talk about anything, good or bad really. He may actually make it a little interesting here.

668625[/snapback]

Can you imagi8ne Randy in New York. What a nightmare. :bigshock:

And I don't mean on the field.

A friend of mine who lives in California says he has read rumors in the paper that Al Davis wants to bring Moss to the Raiders.  Just thought I'd pass it along.

668568[/snapback]

Now there's a match made in hell. Typical Raider stuff if it happens.

Guess I do not really see this happening anytime soon. The soonest would be before the draft. McCombs would not dare trade him unless he decides to keep the team another year. McCombs is hoping to sell the team yesterday. It is all about the Benjamin’s with Red.

A potential suitor would want all the engine parts on the car they buy. With Moss on the roster, it strengthens the value of the club. He is a high profile, elite athlete. Arguably, a true game breaker as any one else in the league. No matter how much of an idiot he is.

Guess I do not really see this happening anytime soon. The soonest would be before the draft. McCombs would not dare trade him unless he decides to keep the team another year.  McCombs is hoping to sell the team yesterday. It is all about the Benjamin’s with Red.

A potential suitor would want all the engine parts on the car they buy. With Moss on the roster, it strengthens the value of the club. He is a high profile, elite athlete. Arguably, a true game breaker as any one else in the league. No matter how much of an idiot he is.

668795[/snapback]

isnt the owner of the t'wolves, glen taylor, supposed to be trying to buy the club?

isnt the owner of the t'wolves, glen taylor, supposed to be trying to buy the club?

668859[/snapback]

He would be one of the players, but a fellow from Arizona named Fowler is expected to make a bid. Taylor has made no secret of his interest, just not wanting to pay Red what he is asking. I would like to see Taylor pull it off since he signs my checks. :D

He would be one of the players, but a fellow from Arizona named Fowler is expected to make a bid. Taylor has made no secret of his interest, just not wanting to pay Red what he is asking. I would like to see Taylor pull it off since he signs my checks. :D

668942[/snapback]

Taylor will pull it off, IMO, because I don't think Fowler has enough cash to persuade the other owners he will fit into their club. They are really wary about letting in anyone who might run into financial trouble.

McCombs is a greedy old toad, but I think Taylor will get the club within two years, which is about as long as Minnesota has to decide to build a stadium or lose the team.

SPeaking of Arizona, wouldn't Green welcome him back? They had some good years together. I can see Boldin, that DE Berry and maybe a draft pick for Moss.

Otherwise, Moss and Jerry Porter would be a devastating combo. Maybe not enough balls to go around though?

Moss needs to go somewhere where the coach is solid within the organization.

He never respected Tice because he knows Tice would be shown the door if push came to shove between them.

He could be a beast with a coach like Parcells, Denny Green, Jeff Fisher, or I also think Del Rio and Jax would be a good fit. Moss has past exp with Del Rio.

I'd love to put up with all the crap that goes along with Moss if he would come to the Jets. With him and McAreins split wide and Santana Moss in the slot, the Jet passing game would be formidable.

Good point made in that newsday article - that long pass to Santana Moss that Steelers CB Williams tipped away at the last second in the Jets/Steeers playoff game? Randy Moss would have swallowed that ball up and the Jets would have been playing this past weekend. I don't even know if the jets would participate in the Randy Moss derby if there is one, the Newsday article was just speculation on the part of the sportswriter. And of course, it all depends on the asking price. Jets were very solid at D-line this past season, but right now alot of those guys (Abraham, Jason ferguson, Josh Evans) are not signed for 2005, so putting Shaun Ellis into the deal could prove costly. He's their best D-lineman IMO, I'd much rather part with Abraham, who would be absolutely unblockable on turf.