[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Reflection on Ben Roethlisberger

Menudo

So, are you going to contribute anything football-related to these threads, or just continue to spew out bull$hit?

670407[/snapback]

If any of his other posts are an indication, I would wager no contributions will be made.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big Ben will be fine. He seems to have a pretty good head on his shoulders and he will most certainly rebound and learn from his first two playoff games. The Pats have a tendency to make even the best QBs look mediocre.

That's complete BS.  If anyone starting in a conference championship  wasn't feeling pressure, there'd be something wrong with him.  It is how one deals with that pressure that matters.  Ben has some learning to do.

669682[/snapback]

How is it BS? If you asked Manning or Brady if they felt pressure before a game, the answer would be NO. They might say after the game, "I felt some extra pressure today, but I was happy to come out with the win".

Ben's remarks were too honest, he can say he felt pressure or was nervous before the game in post game comments.

If the Pats had the TV on the locker room, which they probably don't, and you have the opposing QB with a nervous look in his face saying "I feel a lot more pressure than I did last week", they are not smelling the blood?

Edited by Patsfan04

How is it BS?  If you asked Manning or Brady if they felt pressure before a game, the answer would be NO.  They might say after the game, "I felt some extra pressure today, but I was happy to come out with the win".

Ben's remarks were too honest, he can say he felt pressure or was nervous before the game in post game comments.

If the Pats had the TV on the locker room, which they probably don't, and you have the opposing QB with a nervous look in his face saying "I feel a lot more pressure than I did last week", they are not smelling the blood?

670600[/snapback]

It's BS because feeling pressure and being nervous are two different things.

Many people perform their best when they're feeling the pressure - they thrive on it.

There's nothing wrong with acknowledging the pressure.

jesus? are we a little oversensitive guys?

haha Menudo is a good guy..im just playin..he knows it

670805[/snapback]

I actually thought it was funny. Some of the girls in the back look pretty hot. Too bad there bodies are mostly blocked. :D:D

Edited by Menudo

jesus? are we a little oversensitive guys?

670805[/snapback]

No, you're just a (the really bad word)ing jackass.

Have a nice life...

You have chosen to ignore forever in debt to mo lewis. View this post · Squeeze me a little harder forever in debt to mo lewis
Edited by Bill Swerski

Roethy...

what this NE fan saw... :D

-He is not healthy. That thumb isn't right.

-He floats his passes. No zip. Rainbows.

-He looks where he passes. Telegraph.

-He doesn't stand in the pocket.

-He can't throw on the run.

-He is not adept at play-action.

-He can run.

I don't mean to sound too negative on him, as I do think he could be a good one. The NE defense is not a good matchup for him to state the obvious. :D

Roethy...

what this NE fan saw... :D

-He doesn't stand in the pocket.

-He can run.

I don't mean to sound too negative on him, as I do think he could be a good one. The NE defense is not a good matchup for him to state the obvious. :D

670835[/snapback]

Could be, but I'll take him at his word that it wasn't a problem.

If you mean during the playoffs, I agree, but during the season, not true. He can throw with touch and zip. My only guess is the weather, pressure had an affect, because his ball was floating the last two games.

Once again, saw some of this in the playoffs and some during the end of the year, this will be something he has to work on.-He doesn't stand in the pocket.

This one made me laugh. If you watched him this year, I think this is the one thing he does as good as anyone. He has made several great plays this year by creating with his feet and throwing on the run. He does make the mistake of not taking the run when it is there sometimes and trying to force the pass.

Once again, you must not have watched many games, this is one of this strengths.

-He can run.

Agreed, and as I said, he is going to have to learn to take the runs that are there instead of forcing the ball at times.

Big Ben will be fine.  He seems to have a pretty good head on his shoulders and he will most certainly rebound and learn from his first two playoff games.  The Pats have a tendency to make even the best QBs look mediocre.

670493[/snapback]

I agree. Big Ben will only get better. I don't think he'll turn into Neil O'Donnell or...dare I say the name to Steelers fans...Kordell Stewart. :D

They really need to re-sign Burress. Ward, Burress and Randel-El is a good group of WRs.

I know this isn't the topic on this thread, but I gotta' know...do people think Plaxico dropped that fade pass?  It certainly didn't look like a drop to me, but I've seen it referred to as a drop by a couple different Huddlers today.

670889[/snapback]

Definitely not a drop, it would have been a tough catch due to the adjustment being made and the fact that there was a defender also close to and making a play on the ball. However, it did initially hit his hands, bounce into the air and then he made a 2nd effort to come down with. A drop, no, catchable, yes, and the kind of play that needed to be made, yes.

I know I know Im stupid...I post something that gets locked(wasnt really postable material..better suited for a reply) so I post it in a thread that I know Menudo will see it( as an obvious joke....he knew I was playing..and he said it was funny)in. So a couple Steelers fans jump on me for it and call me an ass and whatever..so I call them a jerkoff..but im the bad guy..now im unlikeable??

some people are wound a little tight huh?

I know this isn't the topic on this thread, but I gotta' know...do people think Plaxico dropped that fade pass?  It certainly didn't look like a drop to me, but I've seen it referred to as a drop by a couple different Huddlers today.

670889[/snapback]

I think it was a drop.

I think a drop is any pass that should have been caught.... that pass should have been caught.... he didn't catch it.... it was a drop. Now it would have been a tough catch, but still one that should have been made.

You are an ass.  I hope you get banned for posting something again that had been locked.

670783[/snapback]

What's the big deal here? People need to re-lax.