[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Congrats to the Patriots fans...

sundaynfl

yes.... i am very happy for my freinds that are pats fans.... condolences to my Pitt fan friends...... too many rookie rookie mistakes and poorly timed d penalties.

NE....our modern day dynasty. great coach, great d, good decision maker, and top nfl qb. a great system that will show us more highly ranked NE teams for several years to come.

This Pats team might be the best "dynasty" ever (if they keep it up).... only the 2nd team to win 3 of 4 years.... and still a pretty *** good nucleus that isn't getting old yet.

They are clearly the best team in the NFL today.

668792[/snapback]

Lets not get carried away

This pats team would get blown out by the 90s Cowboys. Dallas had the #1 D in the league and legit stars at 4 skill positions. Aikman, Irvin, Emmitt and Novacheck and the best OL in football.

This pats team would get blown out by the 90s Cowboys.  Dallas had the #1 D in the league and legit stars at 4 skill positions.  Aikman, Irvin, Emmitt and Novacheck and the best OL in football.

668853[/snapback]

Agreed and NE hasn't won 3/4 just yet either. Still what they have done in the salary cap era is very impressive.

This pats team would get blown out by the 90s Cowboys.  Dallas had the #1 D in the league and legit stars at 4 skill positions.  Aikman, Irvin, Emmitt and Novacheck and the best OL in football.

668853[/snapback]

I think that's what makes this Pats team even better. Doing it as a team without the legit stars. Although Dallas was great, I'm more impressed with New England getting more out of less talent.

During the post-game show, the point was made that the Pats aren't going to lose many players to free-agency. This dynasty thing is beginning to get a little scary. :bigshock:

what a great season and approaching a Dynasty! My respect for Bellicheck grows by the game... keep waiting for them to stumble but they keep ontrucking. Congrats again and my condolences to the Pittsburgh/Falcons fans....

:D

668774[/snapback]

Indeed. Congrats, Pats. Great game. Turned the turnover table on Pittsburgh in the second matchup and the Steeeelers just couldn't battle back. Nicely done.

DANG!!! :D

668853[/snapback]

Since it's nearly impossible to compare teams from different eras, I personally go by the number of SB wins in a certain time frame because that demonstrates how good a team was over a period of years compared to it's peers. You may disagree with my of doing it, but that's the way I do it.

3 of 4 has been done only once before and they are going to be a pretty *** good team for the next few years IMO.

NE may not have Stars at the skill positions, but when one of their players get hurt they plug someone else in and it is as if nothing happened. That my friends is a GREAT TEAM. Well coached and a system that everyone bought into... if you disagree you need to back away from the crack pipe!

:D

To bad they have a fan like Ugly Tuna to tarnish such a great team!

668853[/snapback]

Don't forget, the Patriots didn't have their dynasty handed to them like the Cowboys did thanks to a little trade pulled off by the brilliant Mike Lynn. :D

I think that's what makes this Pats team even better.  Doing it as a team without the legit stars.  Although Dallas was great, I'm more impressed with New England getting more out of less talent.

668869[/snapback]

They may not be losing many players, but (and this is huge) they are losing their offensive and defensive coords. Weiss and Crennel are going to very tough to replace....

668853[/snapback]

I'm not real big on the dynasty tag in football. What the Patriots have done is indeed impressive, but let them win the Super Bowl first.

I must disagree with Sgt.'s reasoning with the 90's Cowboys. NE dismantled what I would consider a much more prolific offense in the Colts this year. And the Pats just scored a bunch of points yesterday against the #1 defense of this year. So defensively they took out the #1 offense of the year (read: Colts), and offensively, beat the crap out of the #1 defense (read: Pitt). Pretty impressive.