[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Are there still Brady bashers out there?

masslefty33

Overrated in what way? I don't see anybody say he is average. He is clearly a top QB in the league. Are there a couple guys who I think could do "better" in New England's offense? Yes. But how do you do better than win Super Bowls? He is clearly one of the top 3 QB's in the league. I've always been a big McNabb fan. Strong arm, with the added threat of the run. Peyton Manning is a tireless worker who does nothing but study the game. The only thing I guess I wonder about Brady, is what he would be like without Coach Bill destroying the other teams offense. Plus, Bill's OFFENSIVE game plans aren't too shabby either.

Edited by CaptainHook

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:The "man purse" and "hair" stuff is about as tired as Pats fans biotching about him being "underrated" or "disrespected." But answer me this: would you rather have a guy who looks like an NFL QB, or plays like one?

669343[/snapback]

I'll stick with Ben. I think he has the potential to be better than Brady.

Stage 1:  Denial  :D

"He's not that good - it's the Pats defense that wins games."

Stage 2: Anger  :hoppingmad:

"God I hate that f&$% guy!"

Stage 3: Bargaining  :D

"He's pretty good, but Manning has a stronger arm, and Vick can run faster."

669377[/snapback]

I am apparently somewhere between stahes 2 and 3.

This is completely sour grapes, but I would like to see Brady on another team do what he is doing right now.  I realize this is a stupid argument, but let's see how great he is in another offense with another defense.

669240[/snapback]

Brady is in the right system and it works for him and the Patriots. That same statement could be said for Manning, Vick (who is overrated), and Culpepper.

What Brady has shown me is that he stays cool when it matters and makes the big plays as needed. That means more then all the stats in the world.

Would i draft him as a fantasy QB? Nope.

Edited by Scrambled

I think Brady is phenomenal. I had a fan say to me, Big Ben will end up nothing better than a Tom Brady. I said that I hoped he was right. Do I think Brady is the best in the NFL ? I don't know, I think it is difficult to rank guys because it is hard to decipher how they would do on another team. I just place them in tiers, and I think the top tier contains: Peyton Manning and Tom Brady.

Hey Clown boy, I am the furthest thing from a wannabbe. You want to compare me with UT, go ahead, seeing that he has been 100% correct about his opinions the last month or so.

669484[/snapback]

Anybody who wants to be compared to UT is clearly a tard. :D

Edited by Bill Swerski

Hey Clown boy, I am the furthest thing from a wannabbe. You want to compare me with UT, go ahead, seeing that he has been 100% correct about his opinions the last month or so. I do not agree with the way he presents his views, but accuracy is accuracy. Just out of curiousity, who do you think is the best???? You are so insightful, and we are all waiting for your enlightning analysis of what you consider to be the best QB in the NFL.

669484[/snapback]

lefty..you must not come arond here enough to know who Swerski fancies as the best qb in the NFL...he says he is/was a Bears fans but he pays much more attention to the local Colts now..its much more convenient for him

lefty..you must not come arond here enough to know who Swerski fancies as the best qb in the NFL...he says he is/was a Bears fans but he pays much more attention to the local Colts now..its much more convenient for him

669779[/snapback]

Yeah, and I'm sure that you were the biggest Pats fan in the world when the Bears were kicking the crap out of them in the mid-80s. Talk about jumping on a bandwagon... :D

Then again, I guess I can't argue with someone who gets $40 haircuts and was voted "best-looking" by his high school class. :D

Edited by Bill Swerski

yeah, Vick has accomplished so much more than Manning.  :D

669813[/snapback]

And that would be? Both of them losing in the AFC/NFC Championship game?

I'm amazed Vick has gone as far as Manning in the Playoffs when this is Vick's 2nd real season.

While this is Manning's 7th season. :D

its absolutely amazing how many people miss the obvious sarcasm in that link you just posted hugh one...especially in this place where we have so many self proclaimed mensa chapter presidents

669852[/snapback]

Surely you jest. :D

Now I know UT is one of your own, but you don't honestly believe that what he posted was sarcastic, do you? I mean, based on his posts, it's highly unlikely he even knows what sarcastic means.

He even admitted that he shouldn't have made that post in another post.

Surely you jest. :D

Now I know UT is one of your own, but you don't honestly believe that what he posted was sarcastic, do you? I mean, based on his posts, it's highly unlikely he even knows what sarcastic means.

He even admitted that he shouldn't have made that post in another post.

669859[/snapback]

honestly i do believe he was being sarcastic...because if he truely is "one" of my own...I doubt hed be inclined to say wed drop our last two games to the jets and 49ers(at home).

As much as it pains me to say this, Brady is clearly the best QB in football today.

Anyone who says otherwise is living in denial.  As a Jets fan, I clung to denial for a long time as far as Brady is concerned - but I've moved on.  The rest of you should as well.

Stage 1:  Denial  :D

"He's not that good - it's the Pats defense that wins games."

Stage 2: Anger  :hoppingmad:

"God I hate that f&$% guy!"

Stage 3: Bargaining  :D

"He's pretty good, but Manning has a stronger arm, and Vick can run faster."

Stage 4: Depression  :bawling:

"We'll never win a conference title as long as Brady is around!"

Stage 5:  Acceptance  B)

"Brady is the best QB in football today."

Edit: I needed to edit this, because despite the fact that Brady is the best QB in football today, there is hope for the rest of us:

He's underpaid....

And his contract will be up in a couple of years....

And the Pats will be forced to give him more than Peyton Manning....

And it'll bust the cap for them...

And the talent level around him will decline dramatically....

And he'll still be the best QB in the league - but it'll be on a crappy team.

That's about all the rest of us can hope for right now.

669377[/snapback]

YOUR ABSOLUTELY CORRECT!