[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Are there still Brady bashers out there?

masslefty33

Brady is in the right system and it works for him and the Patriots.  That same statement could be said for Manning, Vick (who is overrated), and Culpepper.

What Brady has shown me is that he stays cool when it matters and makes the big plays as needed. That means more then all the stats in the world.

Would i draft him as a fantasy QB? Nope.

669678[/snapback]

Exactly. I keep seeing these "he's good because of the system" quotes, but can't and shouldn't that argument be used when describing Manning to a higher degree?

Brady doesn't throw to pro bowl receivers, as many of these wideouts would not even be signed if waived. Before this year, the best back has been Antowain Smith.

Edge, Harrison, wayne, Clark, Pollard, great O-line!

It aint the system that has made perfect clutch deep throws like the 60+harder to Branch, who BTW, was not covered badly on the play. How about the other throw into double coverage when he threaded the needle under pressure.

People forget, the Pats offense was struggling with Bledsoe, as the pundits said the Pats had a horrible offensive line, no quality receivers, no running game.

Brady came in and the team won the Bowl! He makes lightning quick and correct decisions, is highly accurate, and rarely makes a bad throw. Its funny how people call him a system QB, when the same system was widely viewed as horrendous before he replaced Bledsoe due to injury.

Brady makes the offense, the system doesn't make him!

Wasn't Montana the biggest example of a system QB out there? What about Young? Manning? I would like to see Manning throwing to Patton, Givens, and Brown with nothing more than A. Smith behind him.

Simple fact is, that same "brilliant" offensive scheme was struggling mightily until Brady got the job.

Before we start claiming he is good because of the system, can we at least make sure we are comparing apples to apples? I can see the argument holding water for Montana, Young, Manning, and others, but all of those QBs had an abundance of offensive weaponry and team's built around their offense.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're funny. Vick was brought in for clean up duty and, if I remember correctly, the last 2 or 3 games during 2001. I don't see how you call that a season.

2002 was his breaking out season, beating the Packers in the playoffs.

2003 he was injured.

2004 he had the team in the playoffs all the way to the NFC Championship game.

As I said, 2 real seasons.

Let's compare it this way. Vick went to the NFC Championship in 43 games(including mop ups) and Peyton went to the AFC Championship in 96 games. It took Peyton more than twice as long :D

670234[/snapback]

:D They both STILL lost!

And Vick and the Falcons are 0-3 vs. Philly in his career. 0-2 at Philly in the play-offs. . .

Edited by CaptainHook

:D They both STILL lost!

And Vick and the Falcons are 0-3 vs. Philly in his career.  0-2 at Philly in the play-offs. . .

670374[/snapback]

:D When he is 0-7 at the Eagles, as I told Bill, let me know.

Edited by WaterMan

People forget, the Pats offense was struggling with Bledsoe, as the pundits said the Pats had a horrible offensive line, no quality receivers, no running game.

Brady came in and the team won the Bowl!  He makes lightning quick and correct decisions, is highly accurate, and rarely makes a bad throw.  Its funny how people call him a system QB, when the same system was widely viewed as horrendous before he replaced Bledsoe due to injury.

Brady makes the offense, the system doesn't make him! 

670313[/snapback]

Exactlly!! Around here when Brady replaced Bledsoe people were saying "well the season is over" at first.

With Bledsoe under center i think the Patriots started out 0-2 or 1-3 before brady took over and look at what they have done since.

Exactlly!! Around here when Brady replaced Bledsoe people were saying "well the season is over" at first.

With Bledsoe under center i think the Patriots started out 0-2 or 1-3 before brady took over and look at what they have done since.

670451[/snapback]

Which is why we now have among us a member called...

"Forever in Debt to Mo Lewis"

670451[/snapback]

yeah we opened that season and toon an L in Cincy to Corey and his crew

funny thing is..I can honestly say that I was in favor of trying to move Drew after the 2000 season...there were rumors that Seattle was interested and they held 2 1st rounders(they ended up with Koren Robinson and Steve Hutchinson). I was in complete favor of trying to get a pick for him, letting Tom Brady take over the reigns, and rebuilding. The rebuilding process went way ahead of schedule

He's done great things, get over yourselves Pats fans; you are so very insecure. Give it a break.

Edited for: Give the Yankees a break too, you finally won a World Series, get over that too.

670029[/snapback]

Find it kind of hilarious that defending our team's QB with mostly facts (and some opinion) whenhe's often being illogically, childishly slammed is somehow seen as being "insecure." If anything, I'm feleling pretty f'n secure about our team, thank you. There's just been a glaring double standard in here all season, which I suppose comes as a result of winning: Pats fans show ANY sign of pride in our team, we're cocky, arrogant and a bunch of "Ugly Tunas." If someone from another team does the same, however, he or she is "loyal." Whatever. This is becoming a very tired argument.

Find it kind of hilarious that defending our team's QB with mostly facts (and some opinion) whenhe's often being illogically, childishly slammed is somehow seen as being "insecure." If anything, I'm feleling pretty f'n secure about our team, thank you. There's just been a glaring double standard in here all season, which I suppose comes as a result of winning: Pats fans show ANY sign of pride in our team, we're cocky, arrogant and a bunch of "Ugly Tunas." If someone from another team does the same, however, he or she is "loyal." Whatever. This is becoming a very tired argument.

670599[/snapback]

exactly

I try not to involve myself heavily in these arguments..although sometimes Im very tempted..sometimes I have to take a step back and look at the situation..my father is 63 years old..he has friends that died years ago...at 24 Im just happy to be able to share the Sox and Patriots with him and my friends and be thankful of how lucky I am to enjoy this in the prime of my life

670599[/snapback]

Whoa, whoa, whoa. There are several people in here that write about the Patriots without trying to provoke others or be childish. I have no problem with that. I have no problem with them being excited about the Pats. But it seems that for every Czarina there is an uglytuna. Look up the posts by masslefty, finger, uglytuna, and brady12 and you will see why these discussions get started. Plus, if you don't want others to reply, WHY ARE YOU PUTTING IT ON A MESSAGE BOARD? Is this what you want:

Tom Brady is the greatest.

Reply one: I agree.

Reply two: yep.

Reply three: definitely

Reply four: for sure.

And if you are sick of reading the tired argument, there is a simple way to rectify that. Patriot fans have plenty to be proud of. Other fans have plenty to hate about the Pats. That's how it goes when you're on top.

Another thing, I think SOME Pats fans, after years of suffering as Red Sox fans, feel that the only way to "celebrate" is to be jerks, like Yankees fans were to them. Everything the Pats do is "The Greatest of All Time". I don't seem to recall the kinds of posts from Buc fans we see on a regular basis from Patriot fans, when the Buccaneers won the Super Bowl.

Edited by CaptainHook

Whoa, whoa, whoa.  There are several people in here that write about the Patriots without trying to provoke others or be childish.  I have no problem with that.  I have no problem with them being excited about the Pats.  But it seems that for every Czarina there is an uglytuna.  Look up the posts by masslefty, finger, uglytuna, and brady12 and you will see why these discussions get started.  Plus if you don't want others to reply, WHY ARE YOU PUTTING IT ON A MESSAGE BOARD?  Is this what you want:

Tom Brady is the greatest.

Reply one: I agree.

Reply two: yep.

Reply three: definitely

Reply four: for sure.

And if you are sick of reading the tired argument, there is a simple way to rectify that.  Patriot fans have plenty to be proud of.  Other fans have plenty to hate about the Pats.  That's how it goes when you're on top.

670657[/snapback]

You forgot the " :D 's" that would be part of each of those replies.

Another thing, I think SOME Pats fans, after years of suffering as Red Sox fans, feel that the only way to "celebrate" is to be jerks, like Yankees fans were to them. Everything the Pats do is "The Greatest of All Time". I don't seem to recall the kinds of posts from Buc fans we see on a regular basis from Patriot fans, when the Buccaneers won the Super Bowl.

670657[/snapback]

It's called an inferiority complex. And apparently many New Englanders haven't gotten over it, despite a recent Red Sox WS title and two recent Pats SB victories. It must be a regional thing because I don't recall Bulls fans in Chicago acting like such chalupas after their sixth NBA title in the '90s.

It's nice to have people like Nick and msaint here, because one could easily get the wrong impression about New England sports fans on these boards.

Edited by Bill Swerski

It aint the system that has made perfect clutch deep throws like the 60+harder to Branch, who BTW, was not covered badly on the play.  How about the other throw into double coverage when he threaded the needle under pressure.

Any NFL QB should be able to throw a TD pass to a WR who has 2 steps on a defender

It's called an inferiority complex.  And apparently many New Englanders haven't gotten over it, despite a recent Red Sox WS title and two recent Pats SB victories.  It must be a regional thing because I don't recall Bulls fans in Chicago acting like such chalupas after their sixth NBA title in the '90s.

It's nice to have people like Nick and msaint here, because one could easily get the wrong impression about New England sports fans on these boards.

670795[/snapback]

glad to see you are dealing well with your napoleon complex

As an Ohio State fan, I freakin' hate his guts. He talked crap after one of 'The Game' wins IIRC :D

But I also acknowledge him to be one of the best clutch QB of our times. Yes, the system helps, but he's shown many times he can play any kind of game needed against a given opponent, not just the game managing crap. He'd undoubtedly come skidding down a notch or two on a lesser team, but I'm not sure Manning would necessarily have all of Brady's success if he were with the Pats.

Manning is the most prepared and most cerebral, Mcnabb is the best hybrid of running, passing and elusiveness, but Brady is the ballsiest(if that's a word) and perhaps the best leader.

The MAIN reason Brady is not rated very high in a Fantasy Football Forum has to be glaringly obvious, even for you Patriot fans.

669560[/snapback]

Very true. That is a big flaw in most fantasy leagues. Fantasy value doesn't equal real value. It should! The best leagues I've played in add points for wins. :D