[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brady=Aikman

keggerz

I have to put Ben-Gay on my knee everytime I go jogging.

670228[/snapback]

Ben Gay was a good player for the Browns a few years ago.

However, they did not sell many "Gay" spamshirts in Cleveland that year.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You put Brady on the Boys team of 90s and Dallas would be lucky to beat GB every yr to get to the NFC title game, let alone beat SF 3 of 4 yrs and actually make the SB....

670244[/snapback]

I realize this is all just speculation, but that is one of the funniest things I've ever read! :D:D

I dont know about that, you should check out some of the things Ive said in the college forum this past yr.  Its some hilarious over the top stuff.  But I seriously dont think Brady has near the talent Aikman did.

670272[/snapback]

No offense, but I don't care about college football. I'm sure you know alot about it - I'm not questioning your knowlege of college football. And, I'm not as good a judge of talent as you - all I can go by are results on the football field.

I dont know about that, you should check out some of the things Ive said in the college forum this past yr.  Its some hilarious over the top stuff.  But I seriously dont think Brady has near the talent Aikman did.

670272[/snapback]

I dont know how to get to that forum

would you be so kind as to walk me over there

and introduce me to all your friends there :D

Why is it that we only rate gunslingers such as Favre as great but great game managers such as Aikman are given the short end of the stick? Doesn't being smart on the field qualify you for greatness? It seems to have for Montana, but it seems that a smarts QB needs to win twice as many SBs as a gunslinger to qualify as great IMO.

banging. . .(or Carmela Decesare) makes you a hero in my book!

670169[/snapback]

So Jeff Garcia is you hero, eh? :D

I'd take Brady and the NE D over Favre and our D any day

670169[/snapback]

LOL! This is exactly the point. You don't get the Defense with Brady. Would you want Brady over Favre? I say no.

Depends on what you call great.

But he walked into a solid team, didnt go through growing pains.  Like someone previously said, Aikmans first 2 yrs probably took 3-5 yrs off his career.  Brady never had to deal with that.

670221[/snapback]

This is exactly the reason I despise him, I think. Brady gets to sit his rookie year. He gets drafted by a team that was pretty good, a team that had recently been to the Super Bowl. He gets to sit behind a Pro Bowl QB. Then, when it is his turn, the defense is in its prime, and the team is good. But Brady gets all the credit without having to go through any of the heartache that most teams have to build from. But everyone wants to act like Tom Brady is invincible. Pretty cushy spot to walk into. A spot that I feel a lot of QB's could have done just as well, if not better.

Edited by CaptainHook

Why is it that we only rate gunslingers such as Favre as great but great game managers such as Aikman are given the short end of the stick? Doesn't being smart on the field qualify you for greatness? It seems to have for Montana, but it seems that a smarts QB needs to win twice as many SBs as a gunslinger to qualify as great IMO.

670321[/snapback]

I guess you are right Kid. At some point you have to give these guys credit for making good decisions and not losing a game for your team. Unfortunately, there is no stat for that.

I always thought Aikman was overrated because whenever I watched the Cowboys, his deep balls never seemed to be very accurate. But in the context you mention, he was obviously a very good QB.

So Jeff Garcia is you hero, eh?  :D

LOL!  This is exactly the point.  You don't get the Defense with Brady.  Would you want Brady over Favre?  I say no.

This is exactly the reason I despise him, I think.  Brady gets to sit his rookie year.  He gets drafted by a team that was pretty good, a team that had recently been to the Super Bowl.  He gets to sit behind a Pro Bowl QB.  Then, when it is his turn, the defense is in its prime, and the team is good.  But Brady gets all the credit without having to go through any of the heartache that most teams have to build from.  But who gets all the credit?  Tom Brady.  Give me a break.

670324[/snapback]

so who gets all the credit for the Colts success? but who gets defended time and time again when they fall short in the playoffs....." a team that was pretty good, that had recently been to the Superbowl"...whoa..that team Brady took over was pretty good? they went to the Superbowl in 96...I mean i would never say Vick is better or more valuable than Manning..but I saw you make the same excuse in another thread about those two "the falcons went to the superbowl in 98"..well then how did they aquire the 5th pick in the 01 draft to trade to SD?

I think everyone forgets one thing.

What is this great team Brady inherited?

Before he replaced Bledsoe due to injury in 2000, the team's offensive was being crucified in the media! The concensus opinion was the O-line sucked and they had no offensive talent.

Brady took over and the team became a champion, nuff said!

I simply cannot believe what I reading about "the system" and how great the team is. Where is the great talent?

Aikman had Irvin, Smith, Pro-Bowl OL, Novacek, Moose, Etc.

Manning has even more than that.

Brady doesn't miss. What great scheme was it, which resulted in two perfect throws into tight coverage yesterday? We have all seen great QBs miss those throws before.

You look at a great team, IE, one with more than one flash in the pan title, and you will find one common link. A GREAT QB. I think I saw someone compare Brady to Dilfer.... :D

Again, the GREAT and amazing Weiss system was struggling mightily before Brady was under center.

so who gets all the credit for the Colts success?  but who gets defended time and time again when they fall short in the playoffs....." a team that was pretty good, that had recently been to the Superbowl"...whoa..that team Brady took over was pretty good? they went to the Superbowl in 96...I mean i would never say Vick is better or more valuable than  Manning..but I saw you make the same excuse in another thread about those two "the falcons went to the superbowl in 98"..well then how did they aquire the 5th pick in the 01 draft to trade to SD?

670343[/snapback]

If the team has been to the Super Bowl, you have good players. Having good players that have been to the Super Bowl makes it easier to get there again, don't you think? Especially if said team has been to the Super Bowl as recently as 5 years.

and Manning took his lumps as a rook. . .

Edited by CaptainHook

If the team has been to the Super Bowl, you have good players.  Having good players that have been to the Super Bowl makes it easier to get there again, don't you think?  Especially if said team has been to the Super Bowl as recently as 5 years.

and Manning took his lumps as a rook. . .

670351[/snapback]

I think that Keith Brooking is the only starter left from that 98 falcons superbowl squad

Forget the stats, forget the comparisons--Brady will be an automatic slam dunk for the Hall of Fame if he wins another Super Bowl. Not saying his personal stats will be irrelevant (though they certainly won't hurt), but the number of TDs and INTs he throws in his career will be completely overshadowed by a far more important stat--a record NINE consecutive postseason victories and THREE Super Bowl rings in four seasons. Not implying he'll deserve all the credit for that record, but even so it will represent an awesome achievement. No matter what the guy does for the rest of his career, he's an automatic lock for the HOF in his first year of eligibility if the Pats win on Feb. 6.

Winning trumps everything.

number of TDs and INTs he throws in his career will be completely overshadowed by a far more important stat--a record NINE consecutive postseason victories and THREE Super Bowl rings in four seasons. Not implying he'll deserve all the credit for that record, but even so it will represent an awesome achievement. No matter what the guy does for the rest of his career, he's an automatic lock for the HOF in his first year of eligibility if the Pats win on Feb. 6.

670478[/snapback]

So every Patriot who was on the team for all 9 consecutive playoff wins and 3 superbowls should get into the HoF then.

So every Patriot who was on the team for all 9 consecutive playoff wins and 3 superbowls should get into the HoF then.

670484[/snapback]

No telling how many Pats will make it, but the commander of the team definitely will. Right or wrong, that's the way it works.

Edited by Big Talker

670484[/snapback]

In a perfect world, yes.

But unfortunately we live in a world where unless you're have rugged good looks, carry a man purse, and are sexually ambiguous you'll never get anywhere.

So, sadly, Tom Brady will be the only one with a pre-stamped ticket to Canton.

Forget the stats, forget the comparisons--Brady will be an automatic slam dunk for the Hall of Fame if he wins another Super Bowl.  Not saying his personal stats will be irrelevant (though they certainly won't hurt), but the number of TDs and INTs he throws in his career will be completely overshadowed by a far more important stat--a record NINE consecutive postseason victories and THREE Super Bowl rings in four seasons. Not implying he'll deserve all the credit for that record, but even so it will represent an awesome achievement. No matter what the guy does for the rest of his career, he's an automatic lock for the HOF in his first year of eligibility if the Pats win on Feb. 6.

670478[/snapback]

Yeah, if Joe Namath can make it in to the Hall, Brady is a lock. I would wager Namath has the worst stats of any QB in the HOF. Not to mention, Brady could probably score with Melissa Starks (was that the gal's name the Namath was hitting on?).