[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brady=Aikman

keggerz

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, if Joe Namath can make it in to the Hall, Brady is a lock.  I would wager Namath has the worst stats of any QB in the HOF.  Not to mention, Brady could probably score with Melissa Starks (was that the gal's name the Namath was hitting on?).

670497[/snapback]

Unfortunately for Joe, it was Suzy Colbert.

At least with Melissa, Ol' Joe would have had a puncher's chance. :D

Whoever thinks that Tom Brady is the best QB ever has a ridiculous eye for NFL talent.

Yes he works very well in the New England system. You take away his coach, and his D and he's a second string QB on anyone's team.

You do know that he was modest for a reason at the beginning of his career. But now that every NFL analyst has made a point to dub him Jesus Christ people think that he is the best ever.

Brady is not the best QB ever, but he's the best in the league now for sure.

Brady and Aikman are decent comparisons, however I would say Emmitt and Irvin are far superior skill players then any of Brady's team. While Brady's defense is probably slighly better then Dallas.

I dont like the Pats or Belichek for that matter, but to ignore how good Brady is, is foolish.

Whoever thinks that Tom Brady is the best QB ever has a ridiculous eye for NFL talent.

Yes he works very well in the New England system. You take away his coach, and his D and he's a second string QB on anyone's team.

You do know that he was modest for a reason at the beginning of his career. But now that every NFL analyst has made a point to dub him Jesus Christ people think that he is the best ever.

670791[/snapback]

Who said Tom Brady is the best QB ever? I certainly didn't. I don't know that he's even the 25th-best ever. All I'm saying is that right or wrong, good or bad, a guy who quarterbacks a team to three Super Bowl wins in four years (should that happen) is a slam dunk for the Hall of Fame.

Is it right for a QB to get so much credit for winning championships? Dunno. They do, though, and that's just the way it is.

I liken Brady less to Aikman (though that's a decent comparison) and more to Bart Starr. Starr's passing stats were not stellar even in his day (and even less so by today's standards), but based on the multiple championships his team won under his leadership, his name gained an almost magical quality, even before he retired. Would Starr have attained such fame and honor playing for a lesser coach than Vince Lombardi? Probably not. And it doesn't matter. Everyone *knew* on the day Starr quit football that he was a lock for the Hall of Fame.

Just like Brady will be--if the Pats beat the Eagles.

670791[/snapback]

There are a sh*tload of QB's out of football who, according to NFL scouts/coaching staffs/owners, who have more "talent" than Brady. "Talent" can only be quatified by numbers of measurable things, i.e., 40 yard time, # of reps benching 225, standing broad jump, standing long jump, etc. The fallacy of your argument is that you think if Ryan Leaf were to sign as a free agent in NE, he could step in and lead a team to a Super Bowl. Why? Because he has a stronger arm? He can run faster?

The intangibles for the QB position are huge. Brady seems to have more of them than any other QB today. Is he the best ever? No. Does he deserve to be mentioned in that conversation if NE wins number three in two weeks? Maybe. He's got a long way to go. He needs to stay healthy for another five-seven years and to fill out his career numbers to appease those who'll look at the totality of his legacy. If he should win, say four or five superbowls as a starting QB, he will be elivated in the pantheon of football gods.

PS does this argument sound like the Jeter argument to anyone else?