[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"I just learned so much"

pork chop express

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess the guy just earned himself a new nickname:

Whines Hard

:D

671632[/snapback]

I just have to say that I seriously did a :D after reading this. That is freaking hysterical even though I do respect Hines a lot that is really funny...

:D

There is no identity of frustration. 

Plax wants to be Randy Moss - play when he wants to play, and not do dick if the ball is not coming to him.  He is frustrated because the Steelers aren't more about Plax.

Hines doesn't give a Athena how many times he gets the ball.  He gives 100% on every freaking play no matter where the ball is going.  He is frustrated not because he didn't get his ring, but because he doesn't think his teammate will get the ring he deserves.

How you can possibly equate the two is beyond me.

671949[/snapback]

:D wow didn't know you know Burres personally to know what he wants. Could have sworn he stated that he was still willing to be the #2 that he just wanted more opportunities to impact the game.

I can equate the two because not everyone reacts to frustration in the same manner. Some people will cry some will get angry. I'm shocked you have never, in your life, come across a pair of people who react to frustration in different ways. Seems odd.

I would venture to say that he is taking a lot of crap from his peers on this one too.

671943[/snapback]

I'd guess you were wrong. He got emotional about a teammate's missed opportunity, he didn't cry because he lost.

I'd venture to say his peers wish they had teammates like Hines Ward.

:D wow didn't know you know Burres personally to know what he wants.  Could have sworn he stated that he was still willing to be the #2 that he just wanted more opportunities to impact the game.

I can equate the two because not everyone reacts to frustration in the same manner.  Some people will cry some will get angry.  I'm shocked you have never, in your life, come across a pair of people who react to frustration in different ways.  Seems odd.

672011[/snapback]

Plax is frustrated about himself. Hines is frustrated for a teammate. It is not a different reaction to frustration. We are talking about dfifferent sources of frustration.

You want Plax? I hope you get him. Then you can feel some frustration of your own.

I'd guess you were wrong.  He got emotional about a teammate's missed opportunity, he didn't cry because he lost. 

I'd venture to say his peers wish they had teammates like Hines Ward.

672038[/snapback]

We are going to have to agree to disagree here. Men will make fun of other men who cry......period. His teammates will give him the business later on and jab him about it also like, "Hey Hines please pass the potatos and try not to get any of your tears on them." That type of stuff. It will happen regardless of how you may feel. They will not say "Hey, Hines it's OK, let it all out and hug him while doing so." Men are generally not that sensitive. The NFL tends to breed the most manly of all men and a locker room is no place for tears.

I mean it's not like he just finished watching Old Yeller or anything.

Plax is frustrated about himself.  Hines is frustrated for a teammate.  It is not a different reaction to frustration.  We are talking about dfifferent sources of frustration.

You want Plax?  I hope you get him.  Then you can feel some frustration of your own.

672044[/snapback]

I'd be frustrated about losing the Championship game, period. Hope we get him for cheap. He'd make a great #2 down here.

i tend to fall in the category of your sig.

672009[/snapback]

Hey said sig is what I believe. A lot of truth to that and I owe it all to my dear friend Mr. Jack Handey.... Thinking of how great he is almost makes me want to :bawling: :D

I didn't see the clip and I am no Steeler fan by any means, but Hines Ward is a hell of a football player-

671644[/snapback]

Like he said.

I would like to see one of you whiny punks downfield from Hines when he's getting ready to plow your ass over on a running play. He is one of the most complete players in the league.

I'd be frustrated about losing the Championship game, period.  Hope we get him for cheap.  He'd make a great #2 down here.

672086[/snapback]

See.... he ain't gonna be cheap, and he doens't make enough plays to warrant the kind of money he is probably going to command on the open market.

It makes me mad when I go to all the trouble of having Martha cook up about a hundred drumsticks, then the guy at the Marineland says, "You can't throw chicken to the dolphins. They eat fish." Sure they eat fish, if that's all you give them. Man, wise up.

672098[/snapback]

I must say that I like your work, Random Guy. I think what you are doing has got to be a lot of fun for you. I really like the discombobulated look on the face of your avatar. It goes well with the whole theme.

See.... he ain't gonna be cheap, and he doens't make enough plays to warrant the kind of money he is probably going to command on the open market.

672105[/snapback]

No doubt. If he made a fourth of the "hard" catches that Hines or any other top notch WR makes he would already be locked up with the Steelers. He is only good for a high ball. Anything else that he has to "work" for is pretty much a waste.

As for Hines, big f’n deal. I saw the clip a bunch of times and I really did think "wow! He is really taking this hard" but I just can't see anything wrong with that. I am a man and I have cried. Mostly things to do with my kids but I am not ashamed of it at all and I would actually think that there is something wrong with someone that doesn't have that emotion built in and in working order. IMO.

I would like to see one of you whiny punks downfield from Hines when he's getting ready to plow your ass over on a running play. He is one of the most complete players in the league.

672097[/snapback]

For real, anybody who wouldn't want Hines on their team is just plain dumb.

Hines Ward's passion for the game is very evident IMO....he is a leader on the field and off the field...the crying is "his" way of emotionally handling the loss of not only the game to the Pats, but the loss (possibly/probably) of a friend and team mate...it takes a real tool/idiot to criticize a man for expressing how he feels..Ward is a top 3 WR in the NFL...any owner starting a team would want a Ward prototype for a receiver...he blocks, he runs every play, he has good hands, can return kicks and can play QB if necessary...considering Steelers were a run first team this year IMO Ward did well....

Lastly...the reason Ward was crying----"Cause he can" and I doubt you'd say anything in his face...nah you're hiding behind his weakness to cover you're own... :D

I must say that I was not expecting the sensitivity here. For the record, no one is questioning the fact that Hines is a physically tough and gifted WR. Furthermore, no one is doubting his devotion to the game. Lastly, there is absolutely no way that I, or anyone else that types on this board, could be 1/100 of the athlete that he is on the field nor could we take the punishment that he gives and receives. With that being said, it is very peculiar that he had a meltdown on camera and it strikes me as odd. I do not have any problems about a man crying about loss of family, but this is his job. I know he is upset, but don't do it in public. I don't feel sorry for him nor do I feel sorry for the Steeler fans who were probably crying as well after the game. Tough break, suck it up and go out there and keep trying till you actually win the big game and then I'll accept the tears of joy. For me, the job is not done till you actually win something. How many times did you see Donovan McNabb crying the past three years? NONE. The losses were just as tough, weren't they? Why? Because he has unfinished business.

I must say that I was not expecting the sensitivity here. For the record, no one is questioning the fact that Hines is a physically tough and gifted WR. Furthermore, no one is doubting his devotion to the game. Lastly, there is absolutely no way that I, or anyone else that types on this board, could be 1/100 of the athlete that he is on the field nor could we take the punishment that he gives and receives. With that being said, it is very peculiar that he had a meltdown on camera and it strikes me as odd. I do not have any problems about a man crying about loss of family, but this is his job. I know he is upset, but don't do it in public. I don't feel sorry for him nor do I feel sorry for the Steeler fans who were probably crying as well after the game. Tough break, suck it up and go out there and keep trying till you actually win the big game and then I'll accept the tears of joy. For me, the job is not done till you actually win something. How many times did you see Donovan McNabb crying the past three years? NONE. The losses were just as tough, weren't they? Why? Because he has unfinished business.

672876[/snapback]

O.k. So, the moral of the story is that because Hines Ward cried during a press conference, and Donovan McNabb and several other players who have lost big games did not cry, Hines Ward is not as strong mentally as they are. O.k., I get it. Thanks for clearing that up for me Doctor. :D I personally find it quite funny that there are people putting Hines down for this display.

I don't feel sorry for him nor do I feel sorry for the Steeler fans who were probably crying as well after the game. Tough break, suck it up and go out there and keep trying till you actually win the big game and then I'll accept the tears of joy.

672876[/snapback]

please see above

672876[/snapback]

You just don't get it do you? Ward wasn't crying about the loss.

I know. 

I was just explaining it to the retards.  :oldrazz:

672929[/snapback]

So now I am a ***? Why, becaue I do not agree with you that Hines is the best thing since sliced bread and it is OK to cry about losing...a game and a friend? Is Jerome Bettis dying of some strange disease that we do not know of? Can they still be friends after football? Did you cry when you left college because you were not going to be able to hang out with some of your friends again? Come on.