[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brady

skinpig

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can honestly say the only Pats fan who annoys me to no end is U.T. F.I.D.T.M.L. comes close sometimes, but without Tuna, he would be tolerable. I have no problem with fans showing pride. That's why they are fans. I have no problem with Brady. The guy gets it done. My real problem is Belichick. The guy has zero personality. It's hard to like the guy. I think it will be very interesting to see if the team fairs as well without the coordinators next year. It will either solidify his standing as a great coach or expose him as a fraud. Either way, if the guy had half the personality that Parcells has, he might be more likeable.

Since I am not a fan of the team, I am not happy with their success. Their success is just a constant reminder of my teams continued failure.

Enjoy it while it lasts and don't take it personally when I say I hope it doesn't last long.

:D Before the site went pay, there was one for every team.  There was little activity in those.

673129[/snapback]

Plus don't the teams site have message boards....doesn't get any more homer than that.

Parcells... likeable.

673340[/snapback]

Wow. That's the first time you'll see those two words in the same sentence. I think the only guy who can stand hanging out with Parcells is Bobby Knight, and even then they probably end up throwing furniture at each other.:D

No, you're right, Belichick is not a barrel of laughs. He's all business to a robotic degree. But Tom Landry, Shanahan, Knoll, Walsh, Gibbs, Dungy, Andy Reid, and other successful coaches (all to different degrees, admittedly) in the NFL through the years aren't exactly opening for Carrot Top at the Laugh Factory anytime soon, either.

Wow. That's the first time you'll see those two words in the same sentence. I think the only guy who can stand hanging out with Parcells is Bobby Knight, and even then they probably end up throwing furniture at each other.:D

No, you're right, Belichick is not a barrel of laughs. He's all business to a robotic degree. But Tom Landry, Shanahan, Knoll, Walsh, Gibbs, Dungy, Andy Reid, and other successful coaches (all to different degrees, admittedly) in the NFL through the years aren't exactly opening for Carrot Top at the Laugh Factory anytime soon, either.

673360[/snapback]

Perhaps likeable was the wrong choice of words. Parcells at least has a sense of humor and he's media friendly. This makes him interesting to listen to and perhaps a little easier to accept. I just don't get that from Belichick. He comes across badly and it makes him an easy guy to dislike. It doesn't diminish what they have accomplished, but it might cause some people to wish for his failure.

673360[/snapback]

:D

Are you suggesting Carrot Top is funny...?

673376[/snapback]

Yeah, no kidding. :D

FWIW, I don't see how people can have a problem with Belichick because he's "boring." I'd loooove Tony Dungy and Lovie Smith (who are equally boring) if they'd actually win something.

If there's anything to dislike about Belichick, it's the fact that he instructs his DBs and LBs to "play rough" and hold the opposition's WRs/TEs (e.g., SB 36, '03 AFC Championship game). Then again, you can't really fault a guy for "cheating" if the refs let him get away with it. It's definitely smart coaching on his part.

Edited by Bill Swerski

673376[/snapback]

Nah. But that's probably the only comedy gig a dull-ass NFL coach could get.

And squeeg, you've officially sunk to being no better than UT when it comes to fishermen...er, fisherpeople. Enjoy that status, sister. :D

Have a nice life, (the really bad word)tard.

You have chosen to ignore Random Guy. View this post · Squeeze me a little harder Random Guy

672991[/snapback]

he said "***tard"!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:DB)

I don't think he's going to solve world peace or cure cancer, he's just a QB

Bummer. I was counting on that "Tom Brady you have just won the Superbowl, what will you do next. I'm going to the United Nations to create World Peace" commerical.

Tom Brady's a hand bag-carrying, metrosexual wanker who can't win without a great defense.

Love him, like him, or hate him. The guy has been running this team for 4 years, and in 3 of those, he's helped take them to the Super Bowl 3 times. And each time he has played in the big one, the patriots have won. Must be doing something right......

When I saw the thread title, the movie "Misery" came to mind, with UT starring in the role played by Kathy Bates and Tom Brady in James Kahn's role. :D:D

When I saw the thread title, the movie "Misery" came to mind, with UT starring in the role played by Kathy Bates and Tom Brady in James Kahn's role.  :D  :D

673964[/snapback]

B) Has to be one of the most disgusting passages ever in a book when she hobbles him with the sledgehammer.