[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Madden

Duchess Jack

So....when his number is finally up....what all do you think is going to happen to the Madden video games? Will it continue as 'Madden' with a different booth? Will Madden be giving color commentary from the grave? Or will they change the name.

Just curious what people think.

So....when his number is finally up....what all do you think is going to happen to the Madden video games?  Will it continue as 'Madden' with a different booth?  Will Madden be giving color commentary from the grave?  Or will they change the name.

673045[/snapback]

I hope EA goes belly up before then. I'm still pissed that they drove Sega and Espn out of the football market. I hope they price themselves out of business. I'd rather play Tecmo Bowl.

Edited by AtomicCEO

I hope EA goes belly up before then.  I'm still pissed that they drove Sega and Espn out of the football market.  I hope they price themselves out of business.  I'd rather play Tecmo Bowl.

673106[/snapback]

I hope this doesn't happen, I love playing Madden and think doing a fantasy draft and running a franchise is as close as you can get to running a pro football team. The salary cap, the ticket prices, concession prices is all great stuff.

Not to metion the HIT STICK. :D

edit to add: I agree with Bill "the sports guy" Simmons there should be a national call in sick day on the day Madden is released. Yes I am one of the few that will admit to playing in a Madden league with a buddy.

Edited by Men In Tights

I'm sure that he'll choke on a porkchop....

673189[/snapback]

....or that "turducken" thing he likes to eat so much (turkey stuffed with duck stuffed with chicken)!!! :eek:

Actually, the Madden name will be dropped from the franchise next year, or at best will share top billing with ESPN. EA and ESPN have signed a huge liscensing deal. Basically, EA realized that Madden is a doddering fool, and his image hurts the franchise more than it helps . . .

Peace

policy

So....when his number is finally up....what all do you think is going to happen to the Madden video games?  Will it continue as 'Madden' with a different booth?  Will Madden be giving color commentary from the grave?  Or will they change the name.

673045[/snapback]

EA just signed a 15 year development deal with ESPN and an exclusivity contract with the NFL.

I suspect it will evolve from that.

Actually, the Madden name will be dropped from the franchise next year, or at best will share top billing with ESPN.  EA and ESPN have signed a huge liscensing deal.  Basically, EA realized that Madden is a doddering fool, and his image hurts the franchise more than it helps . . .

673473[/snapback]

It's the biggest selling video game for the biggest selling video game company. Who's the doddering fool?

I hope this doesn't happen, I love playing Madden and think doing a fantasy draft and running a franchise is as close as you can get to running a pro football team.  The salary cap, the ticket prices, concession prices is all great stuff.

Not to metion the HIT STICK.  :D

edit to add: I agree with Bill "the sports guy" Simmons there should be a national call in sick day on the day Madden is released.  Yes I am one of the few that will admit to playing in a Madden league with a buddy.

673184[/snapback]

Huge Madden fan here too! They will keep it going, it's an EA game. They might change the name, but the game will still be the best football game on the market, oh yeah, and the only football game on the market. Bwahahahahahahaha

....or that "turducken" thing he likes to eat so much (turkey stuffed with duck stuffed with chicken)!!! :eek:

673246[/snapback]

Yup, lots of little poultry bones! :D:D

Actually this rules.

They sell 'em at Target now also.    :D

673674[/snapback]

I drove my parents insane with that game! B):D

blick, blick, blick, blick, blick, blick, blick, BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!

I could kill a whole half with one possession. It drove my friends nuts and they wouldn't play with me!