[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Let's Make a Deal!

General Itals

There have been a ton of articles speculating that Randy Moss will be traded this offseason. Plenty of posts here at the Huddle about it, too. Some of the speculation has been intersting, but frankly, most of it has just been asinine.(Oakland, yer gonna have to do so much better than Philip Buchanon!)

So I'm gonna give you homers and anyone else who wants to play a chance. Pick a NFL team and make an offer for the superstar, Randy Maw. Try to keep it realistic. Nothing stupid like three 1st round choices, three 2nd round choices, three 3rd round choices and a handful of players for Hersch... er, Randy, I mean. I'll update the list as offers come in. And maybe, just maybe, we'll see if somebody can see into the future and predict the trade correctly if it actually does unfold.

Atlanta - Keith Brooking/Chris Draft, Brian Scott, Peerless Price, a 2005 1st round draft choice and a 2006 2nd round draft choice for Moss and Mewelde Moore.

Arizona - Three team deal with San Diego. Would receive Drew Brees and send 1- 2 defensive players to Vikings.

Baltimore -1.) Adalius Thomas and a 2005 1st round draft choice.

2.) Peter Boulware and a 2005 1st round draft choice.

3.) Chris McAllister and a 2005 3rd round draft choice.

Buffalo-

Carolina - Mushin Muhammad and a 2005 2nd round draft choice.

Chicago - 1.) 2005 1st round draft choice (#4 overall) and a 2006 3rd rounder.

2.) Ogunleye or Urlacher and 2005 2nd round draft choice.

3.) Tillman and 2005 1st round draft choice.

Cincinnati -

Cleveland -

Dallas - 1.) Terrence Newman, Tony Dixon and a 2005 1st round draft choice.

2.) Roy Williams, Bradie James and a 2005 1st round draft choice.

Denver -

Detroit -

Green Bay-

Houston -

Indianapolis -

Jacksonville -

Kansas City - Tony Gonzalez and a 2005 2nd round draft choice.

Miami - Patrick Surtain and a 2005 2nd round draft choice.

New England -

New Orleans -

New York Giants - Will Allen and a 2005 1st round draft choice.

New York Jets - 1.) John Abraham and a 2005 3rd round draft choice.

2.) Jonathan Vilma and 2 draft choices.

Oakland - Jerry Porter/Philip Buchanon and a 2005 2nd round draft choice.

Philadelphia -

Pittsburgh -

San Diego - Three team deal with Arizona. Would receive Moss and send

Drew Brees to Arizona and 2005 1st round draft choice to Minnesota.

San Francisco -

Seatle -

St Louis -

Tampa Bay -

Tennessee -

Washington - LaVar Arrington and draft choices.

Edited by General Itals

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard a little buzz about him maybe going to the Jets for Abraham and maybe a mid-rounder. Randy reuniting with Pennington and L'il Moss. And if anyone can keep Randy in check, it's Herm Edwards.

:D Just what I've heard from my friend who's quite possibly the biggest JETS diehard on the planet.

Good post, Itals. Interesting to see how it all plays out.

I'll give you UT, FIDTML, WaterMan, Only in America, and I'll even throw in Hankk for good measure. B)

673538[/snapback]

I said keep it realistic. Those guys might get you a six pack and ham sandwich, but not Randy Maw. :D

No, on second thought, I think I'd rather have the six pack and the ham sandwich. :D

In all seriousness, the Vikes are going to look for someone like Arrington. An established young stud on defense. That and some draft picks so we can draft ourselves the next Randy Moss.

But methinks it ain't gonna happen anyway.

673545[/snapback]

Personally, I think Arrington is highly overrated, even when he is healthy.

The Vikings have too many holes on defense for just him to plug, even if they did want him. Imo, the bidding would have to start at Arrington, Taylor and a draft choice for the Vikes to be interested. If the Ravens want him, it would be Suggs and Reed. I don't know if any of those teams are interested at that price. I doubt it and that's why I doubt Randy is on another team next year.

Is the Vikings front office smart enough to get all they can for Moss so they can call the trade a "Reverse Herschel"?

Bears homer here. Moss is an all-world talent, but I don't think the Bears would want put up with his stupid crap. I also don't think they would mortgage the franchise to get him. Even if the Bears did want him, the Vikings would want to defensive talent in return, I'm sure. I can't see the Bears gutting their up and coming defense just to get him. I doubt the Vikings would trade him to a division rival anyway.

All they could offer are picks. They have the number four overall.

But for fun, here is my offer: A first rounder this year (number 4 overall) and a third round pick in 2005 for the rights to R. Moss.

Personally, I think Arrington is highly overrated, even when he is healthy. 

The Vikings have too many holes on defense for just him to plug, even if they did want him.  Imo, the bidding would have to start at Arrington, Taylor and a draft choice for the Vikes to be interested.  If the Ravens want him, it would be Suggs and Reed.  I don't know if any of those teams are interested at that price.  I doubt it and that's why I doubt Randy is on another team next year.

673557[/snapback]

Well, Winfield was a start in the secondary, so IMO, LB is the position they need to focus on. With Chavous also in the secondary, I think they'll be good enough that they don't need to focus there. THey need the presence in the middle of the field to make a difference. A play maker. A horse. A leader. :D

Is the Vikings front office smart enough to get all they can for Moss so they can call the trade a "Reverse Herschel"?

Bears homer here.  Moss is an all-world talent, but I don't think the Bears would want put up with his stupid crap.  I also don't think they would mortgage the franchise to get him.  Even if the Bears did want him, the Vikings would want to defensive talent in return, I'm sure.  I can't see the Bears gutting their up and coming defense just to get him.  I doubt the Vikings would trade him to a division rival anyway.

All they could offer are picks.  They have the number four overall.

But for fun, here is my offer:  A first rounder this year (number 4 overall) and a third round pick in 2005 for the rights to R. Moss.

673561[/snapback]

And if I was Red McCombs, I'd give you one of these: :DB)

Moss in Chicago would be a waste for the Bears, since they don't have anyone that can get him the ball. :D

I'll give you UT, FIDTML, WaterMan, Only in America, and I'll even throw in Hankk for good measure. :D

673538[/snapback]

Nah, those guys aren't even worth a team's sideline supply of Gatorade. :D

For the teams that I'm familiar with...

Bears

(1) Urlacher or Ogunleye and a 2nd-round pick or...

(2) Tillman and a 1st-round pick

Then again, the Bears need a competent QB before they need Moss.

Colts

Don't need another stud WR. No deal here.

And if I was Red McCombs, I'd give you one of these: :D  :D

Moss in Chicago would be a waste for the Bears, since they don't have anyone that can get him the ball. :D

673566[/snapback]

Aw, come on! Can't you see Moss being happy with Grossmen, Quinn or Krenzel throwing him the ball? B) Imagine all those tender moments on the sideline...with Moss screaming his head off at them!! :D

Nah, those guys aren't even worth a team's sideline supply of Gatorade.  :D

For the teams that I'm familiar with...

Bears

(1) Urlacher or Ogunleye and a 2nd-round pick or...

(2) Tillman and a 1st-round pick

673581[/snapback]

This is more realistic than the lame offer I threw out for fun, but we both know they'd never do it...I hope.

Imo, the bidding would have to start at Arrington, Taylor and a draft choice for the Vikes to be interested.  If the Ravens want him, it would be Suggs and Reed.  I don't know if any of those teams are interested at that price.  I doubt it and that's why I doubt Randy is on another team next year.

673557[/snapback]

If that is what you believe the Vikes want for him and yer right, they are insane. They can keep him. Arrington's been to a couple pro bowls and Taylor will eventually go to a bunch, IMO. Randy can keep moping in Minny.

This is more realistic than the lame offer I threw out for fun, but we both know they'd never do it...I hope.

673587[/snapback]

They won't. When was the last time that the Bears shelled out big money for a stud WR? They'll pay big bucks to defensive players and RBs, but that's about it.

I could actually see him going to the Ravens. You know that the Ravens want him becasue of the whole TO thing not working out. And i hear that he had a pretty decent year...

I could see him for a starting Defensive player and a second round draft choice depending on the player obviously.