[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Let's Make a Deal!

General Itals

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Randy Moss to Dallas Cowboys for CB Terence Newman, Safety Tony Dixon and 1st round pick-2005.

Same two teams in the Walker deal...really though Moss probably is staying put IMO...

674326[/snapback]

As a Cowboys fan, I was thinking what the offer might be from them, too. I think you have it right, except for Tony Dixon, who is a complete stiff and will probably be released, imo. Sub in Bradie James and the Vikes might think twice, although I also think they would insist on Roy Williams in place of Newman.

Terrence Newman?  The dude is a joke!  Sorry, our defensive backfield is already getting burned enough the way it is.

674442[/snapback]

Yeah, but Newman and a #1 is at least a step up from Buchanon and a #2. Newman was horrible last year except for the final 4 games. He turned it around and looked at least as good as he did his rookie season. He's going into his third year, which should make for the year he breaks out and starts to really play well.

But you're right, the Vikes will have no interest in trading for a big question mark. They will want a young bonafide stud plus picks. That's why I thought they might listen to an offer of Roy Williams, Bradie James and a 2005 #1. I'm not sure if the Cowboys would make that offer though. I'm not even sure if the Vikes would accept. Williams was almost as horrendous as Newman last year.

Edited by General Itals

I'll give you UT, FIDTML, WaterMan, Only in America, and I'll even throw in Hankk for good measure. B)

673538[/snapback]

:D:D

But methinks it ain't gonna happen anyway.

673545[/snapback]

me 2... with the pending sale no sale its all up in the air and if the team doesnt sell all hell is going to break loose next year ans the fallowing year when all the coaches contracts are up and who will come in here with red owning the team ans cutting everything...

he has set it up to sell but if e doesnt it will crash hard

I believe the Ravens (or the local press) have mentioned a 1st rounder and Adalius Thomas (LB).

Thomas made the pro bowl as a special teamer a year ago and did a good job of filling in for Peter Boulware this year. Boulware is expected to be healthy next year and the Ravens need a WR more than a backup LB.

I also wouldn't mind them offering Boulware with the 1st rounder.

Chris McAllister and a 3rd would make me happy. McAllister is a good corner when motivated, but he hasn't been motivated lately.

I believe the Ravens (or the local press) have mentioned a 1st rounder and Adalius Thomas (LB). 

Thomas made the pro bowl as a special teamer a year ago and did a good job of filling in for Peter Boulware this year.  Boulware is expected to be healthy next year and the Ravens need a WR more than a backup LB.

I also wouldn't mind them offering Boulware with the 1st rounder.

Chris McAllister and a 3rd would make me happy.  McAllister is a good corner when motivated, but he hasn't been motivated lately.

675130[/snapback]

Thanks for the response. I'd been waiting for a Baltimore homer to give his take on the situation.

I highly doubt that Thomas and the pick alone would get close to getting the Vikes attention. For that matter, I'm not even sure about Boulware. I know he came out of college highly rated, but how has he performed for the Ravens? My guess is that Ray Lewis really elevates the play of that entire unit. And why wouldn't the Raven's be willing to offer the 1st rounder if McAllister is the guy to be traded? Especially if he's not a motivated (attitude problem similar to Randy Moss?) player.

Like I said earlier, for the Ravens to get this done, it will take Suggs and/or Reed and a pick. It seems that no team is willing to give up what the Vikes would (or at least should) want. And the Vikes shouldn't be willing to fire sale Moss. In the end, I think all this speculation being stoked by guys like Mortenson is really out of line.

Edited by General Itals

MN Sends: Moss, Bennett, Wiggins, & Hovan

SD Sends: McCardell, Tomlinson, Gates, & a Taco Johns six pack & a pound

:D

675197[/snapback]

Only way that happens is in a FFL with a "tooltime" for an owner.... :D

GB won't trade for Moss, besides GB can't afford to give up defense.

So, I am going to have some fun and propose something from the Falcons. Why you ask, after seeing all the posts about Moss and Vick, I figured why not try to get them on the same team and see if Moss can lift Vick's play, and see if Vick can throw to a threat like Moss...

Atlanta would offer Chris Draft or Keith Brooking, Bryan Scott-S, Peerless Price, and a #1 pick this year, and a #2 next year based on playing time etc...

Minnesota would give up Moss and Mewelde Moore...

• 2 weeks later...

Moss in New York would be hilarious. Moss is already living in a fish bowl the way it is now. Moving him to the zoo that is NY would be so much more interesting than it already is.

But I would sure like to see Vilma and a few picks for Moss. Throw Coles in on a deal. That would be good for a few more laughs.

• 2 weeks later...

And the weener is.......... no one! Well at least The Outfit put out an offer from the Raiders, but Porter/Buchanon and a 2nd round pick wasn't really close to the actual trade of Harris, a 2005 1st round draft choice and a future 7th round choice.

So what have we learned? First, the Vikings got no where near Moss' actual football value in return. Harris has the chance to develop into a decent LB when healthy. He could be a guy who puts up solid tackle numbers, but I doubt he will ever become a game breaker in the Urlacher mode. And draft choices, no matter how high they are, are still a crap shoot in comparison to the acknowledged talent Moss has and the numbers he has put up. Second, no team was willing to give the Vikings anything close to Moss' actual football value. His numerous run-ins and character flaws clearly affected that. That clearly made his market value much lower than his actual football value. And third, the Vikings clearly consider this a case of addition by subtraction. They were perfectly willing to take the lower market value for him just so they could get rid of him. I didn't think that would be the case. I was wrong.