[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keeper Dilemma

JaysGoingDown

I am in a keeper league. my present keeper considerations are

QB - Brees,

RB - K. Jones, J. Jones, AND

TE - Gates

WR that I have are J. Galloway, D. Branch, TJ housh, L. Evans (all with upside)

Def - Indianapolis.

If I keep Gates, then it would make the drafting of WRs and RBs easier. On the other hand, either K. Jones or J. Jones are tempting too. Usually in a league, RBs are the most popular keepers. But Gates is that rare gem that comes along once in a while. He was even better than Gonzo of KC this past season.

Therefore, whether or not Brees stays, I am still inclined to keep Gates.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Our league scoring rules will be different next year, what they are I don't know.

Thanks in advance.

Hard to say without knowing the scoring rules.

Basic instince says J. Jones is the way to go.

but, if the scoring system ends up with something where TEs get 2 points per reception or something like that, then I would be inclined to go with Gates, but just barely as even in that kind of system he likely wouldn't go until the third round at the earliest.

Also, what position you have in the draft next season is a factor. If you have an early pick, then keeping Gates would hurt less as you still get a top remaining RB, draft late, then you should be more inclined to keep J.Jones as your pickings in the first round will be that much slimmer.

Hard to say without knowing the scoring rules.

Basic instince says J. Jones is the way to go.

but, if the scoring system ends up with something where TEs get 2 points per reception or something like that, then I would be inclined to go with Gates, but just barely as even in that kind of system he likely wouldn't go until the third round at the earliest.

Also, what position you have in the draft next season is a factor. If you have an early pick, then keeping Gates would hurt less as you still get a top remaining RB, draft late, then you should be more inclined to keep J.Jones as your pickings in the first round will be that much slimmer.

675150[/snapback]

The scoring system would be 1 point for every 10 yards and 10 points per TD. But you are right, as far as the position in the draft. Plus perhaps the Drew Brees factor may play a part in the decision, if he leaves SD.

There may be anywhere from 10 to 12 teams in my league next year. And I can keep only one.

677649[/snapback]

I have a man crush on AGates after his two years on the Jellies (non keeper), but even with that, I'd keep JJones ... If keepers are typically RBs, then the likelihood of someone better than JJ being available in the draft is slim. Plus, we're not exactly sure of what the SD QB situation will be ... whereas we know all Dallas can do is hand it to JJ next year ... Keep JJ, draft AGates if you can -- in the spot where you'd normally take a #2 wr ...