[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"New" Cardinals Logo

Balzac

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I'll go out on a limb....is the bird bigger or something? Because I don't really see much of a difference here.

675763[/snapback]

It looks bigger, but I am with you. They had to unveil something like that.

Your kidding...come on have some originality. And the Cardinal red with powder blue is simply sick. They should go with black pants and black and red shirts. The design of the cardinal head is so weak...get the mouth open show some teeth or something. The word Cardinals would have been better. :D

Actually they have plenty of money cause Bidwell sure as heck doesn't put it in his team.

675791[/snapback]

He sure didn't get his money's worth out of the logo change either! :eek:

Your kidding...come on have some originality.  And the Cardinal red with powder blue is simply sick.  They should go with black pants and black and red shirts.  The design of the cardinal head is so weak...get the mouth open show some teeth or something.  The word Cardinals would have been better.  :D

675780[/snapback]

Powder blue? What? :D

WHAT THE....!!!

“This is just the latest in a series of exciting changes for the Cardinals over the last year that reflect a positive new direction for the franchise,” said Michael Bidwill, Vice President/General Counsel.

If that change is exciting I would hate to see it if they ever started winning!

Looks like the bird got some bad bird seed is is trying to grind it out!

His grandson probably got photoshop for Christmas so Bidwell figured he could save a few bucks.

675838[/snapback]

:D

They didn't really re-design it, they just tweaked it! The cardinal looks a little meaner, but that is about it. Having an unveiling for this logo was silly.

As a resident of Tucson, I'm excited. That logo change is a bit extreme, but I guess we Arizoneans will have to get use to it. :D

Oh, and they do have Cardinals in Arizona, it's not all a hot desolate wasteland.

In fact, the southern most ski resort in the US is located right here in Tucson. Where did you think the actually shot that movie, Sound of Music.

Now, if they could just get RJ Reynolds to sponsor the costs, then we might be able to stick a burning tobacco product it it's mouth, and then we'd have something.....

If there is a team in dire need of a new name it's the Arizona Cardinals.

675893[/snapback]

What about the Cleveland Browns? Is Paul Brown's family still affiliated with the team? Or are they sponsored by UPS? Those uniforms have to go as well. I'm aware of the history behind them, but still... yuck.

What about the Cleveland Browns?  Is Paul Brown's family still affiliated with the team?  Or are they sponsored by UPS?  Those uniforms have to go as well.  I'm aware of the history behind them, but still... yuck.

675929[/snapback]

When the Browns played again in 1999, the NFL wanted to redesign their look, the the Browns refused to even consider that.

What about the Cleveland Browns?  Is Paul Brown's family still affiliated with the team?  Or are they sponsored by UPS?  Those uniforms have to go as well.  I'm aware of the history behind them, but still... yuck.

675929[/snapback]

The Browns have one of the top 5 uniforms in the league, hands down. No way they change tha tname or that classic, simple uniform. There was a logo briefly in the 60's that I think lasted a single game, a "CB" mistake, before they thougth better of it.

As for the Cardinals, I'm a huge traditionalist (obviously), but the Cardinal logo was so... High School looking. It was just so "meh". But I like this new logo, it's a real good update (like what Seattle did and Philli). I don't know if it waranted an "unvieling", but maybe that was the only way they could guarentee whatever fans they DO have saw it (as none go to their home games).

When the Browns played again in 1999, the NFL wanted to redesign their look, the the Browns refused to even consider that.

675938[/snapback]

I did not know that. Interesting...

The Browns have one of the top 5 uniforms in the league, hands down.

675940[/snapback]

Really? No offense to Browns fans, but I think they're hideous. The Packers' and Colts' unis aren't high on my list either. The Rams also looked a lot better after they switched from yellow to gold a few years back, IMO.

IMO, the teams with the best old-school uniforms are the Bears, Steelers, Cowboys, and Niners. And I'd have to say that the Ravens and Titans are my favorites of the newer teams.

I did not know that.  Interesting...

Really?  No offense to Browns fans, but I think they're hideous.  The Packers' and Colts' unis aren't high on my list either.  The Rams also looked a lot better after they switched from yellow to gold a few years back, IMO.

IMO, the teams with the best old-school uniforms are the Bears, Steelers, Cowboys, and Niners.  And I'd have to say that the Ravens and Titans are my favorites of the newer teams.

675944[/snapback]

Ah, I see we have nearly exact opposite tastes on the uniform side. Both the Colts and Packers are in that top 5 I mentioned, and I hate teh Ravens (thoguh I do LOVE that Titan uniform). In fact, my top 5 are : Oakland, Colts, Packers, Browns and Steelers. Honorable mention: Red and White Patriot uniform, god I miss ya!

Worst uniform in the league, though, is that train wreck in Buffalo. The owners just started jumping on all these trends and tweaking the uniform without actually redesigning it. Runner up for disaster is the new Bengal uniform. Oh man, thats vomit inducing. They actually had a helmet that got shot down where they reversed the colors, a black helmet with orange stripes... you know, just like a "Liger".

I'm a HUGE NFL uniform buff, if it's not showign yet. :D

An excellent forum for this question. I seem to remember that at least 1 year (and I'm taliking a long time ago) the Browns had a Pixie looking guy centering a football on their helmet. late 50's, early 60s.

Does anyone remember that? For some reason I remember it from an old football card when I was a kid.

Worst uniform in the league, though, is that train wreck in Buffalo. The owners just started jumping on all these trends and tweaking the uniform without actually redesigning it. Runner up for disaster is the new Bengal uniform. Oh man, thats vomit inducing. They actually had a helmet that got shot down where they reversed the colors, a black helmet with orange stripes... you know, just like a "Liger".

675953[/snapback]

I forgot to mention that I can't stand the new Broncos uni either. And I seem to be in the minority (at least among my friends) in thinking that the older one is pretty sweet.

Edited by Bill Swerski