[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Freddy Mitchell calling out R. Harrison?

masslefty33

I admit it, I would be going nuts if Harrison played for another team.

You don't even need to see a number and you know it is Harrison in on a play, because you see a flying forearm and feet in the air.

I was watching the NFL Network game of the week (Steelers/Pats).

The play where Bettis got stopped on 4th down, Harrison dove heard/forearm first and hit Bettis helmet to helmet when he was on the ground.

Harrison could have been hit with a 15 yard penalty there, no doubt.

Why they would even give someone wtih 377 yards receiving and 2 TDs on the season the spotlight (or Hot Seat) is beyond me.

"Hi, my name is Freddy Mitchell, I can't make noise on the field, so I will make noise off the field."

676470[/snapback]

True dat. Freddie who?

Harrison responds -

“That’s pretty funny coming from a guy that doesn’t start,” he said. “This is his 30 seconds of fame. What Freddie needs to do is concentrate on what he needs to do.”

“You expect it from immature guys who haven’t experienced success on a pro level,” Harrison said. “Some guys are just immature and haven’t experienced things. When you go out there and play well, you don’t have to do these sideshows.”

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patr...son_fires_back/

EDIT TO ADD: B):D:D

Edited by nhoops

Freddy Mitchell is a major jacka$$. If you are going to talk that much smack you at least have to be able to back it up. A guy who caught like 30 passes during the regular season is not backing anything up. There are a lot of guys in the league that talk alot of smack but at least most of them can back it up with their play.

The difference is that Rodney talks his trash on the field, not in interviews.

It's all trash talk, but one kind helps the other team get its ire up while the other adds to on field intimidation.

676499[/snapback]

Oh believe me nick I understand the consequences of what talking trash in the media can do to help the other team's motivation.

I was just responding to someone else's idea that Mitchell did not have a high enough STATUS within the NFL to talk trash to Harrison.

I simply wasn't aware that there were such rules in place. :D

I admit it, I would be going nuts if Harrison played for another team.

You don't even need to see a number and you know it is Harrison in on a play, because you see a flying forearm and feet in the air.

I was watching the NFL Network game of the week (Steelers/Pats).

The play where Bettis got stopped on 4th down, Harrison dove heard/forearm first and hit Bettis helmet to helmet when he was on the ground.

Harrison could have been hit with a 15 yard penalty there, no doubt.

676691[/snapback]

Actually no. Helmet-Helmet is only a penalty when hitting a vulnerable receiver. Everyone else is pretty much fair game.

And as for Mr. Mitchell's comments, we need a Montgomery Burns smilie saying :excellent: and rubbing his hands together menacingly. :D

Actually no. Helmet-Helmet is only a penalty when hitting a vulnerable receiver. Everyone else is pretty much fair game.

And as for Mr. Mitchell's comments, we need a Montgomery Burns smilie saying :excellent: and rubbing his hands together menacingly. :D

677309[/snapback]

Jumping on a pile head first might not get you a helmet to helmet, but it could be classified as a "late hit" or "unncessasary roughness". My bad.

An even funnier bit on the Pats - Steelers "game of the week" happened on Branch's 2nd TD, the end around. At about the 5 yardline, he sticks up his left hand and does a little wave goodbye to the 2 defenders. :D

Edited by Patsfan04

Look at how boring ESPN is when they can't talk about Randy Moss.

676545[/snapback]

And why can't they? Oh yeah, they lost. Again.

677309[/snapback]

Actually yes. It's called spearing. Harrison gets away with it all the time. He is a dirty player, which is unfortunate, because he is also the best tackler I have ever seen.

Helmet-to-helmet will be can and usually will be called in any tackling situation.  This is especially true when it's a QB.

677450[/snapback]

I am not an NFL rules expert, but they have gone over this many times in Pats game because of Mr. Harrison.

Helmet to helmet will generally be called.

Leading with the helmet can be called, but is often subject to the result of the play. If the receiver doesn't catch the ball and is speared, a penalty is likely. If the receiver catches the ball, and the tackler hits helmet first but not in the head, he will usually get away with it. If the tackler makes really good shoulder contact on top of anything else, he will almost never get called.

If the receiver catches the ball, and the tackler hits helmet first but not in the head, he will usually get away with it.  If the tackler makes really good shoulder contact on top of anything else, he will almost never get called.

677461[/snapback]

Tackling with one's helmet also is very poor technique and a good way to get a "neck stinger."

:D I always thought it would always be called too. However, one game I watched (not a Pats game) toward the end of the season made a big deal of the runner vs. receiver hit and the fact that a penalty was not called was the correct one.

Compare and contrast to Roy Williams method of breaking people's legs while tacking them. How many people did he put out for the season this year?

Did anyone else get the feeling that he was just screwing around since Dan Patrick was trying to bait him??? He did all but wink into the camera.

ALL Espn is trying to do is find something else to talk about since the TO story is getting pretty played-out and stale. ESPN is trying to stir up some sort of controversy since both teams are very similar and there is nothing more you can breakdown about the game. Now they have Mitchell/Harrison "fued" to talk about for a couple of days until the re-invent something else. Who Knows, maybe the TO story will make a comback then! :D

Note: This is the problem with having two weeks until the Super Bowl; There isn't enough to talk about for 14 days so the Media "tries" to stir things up. :D

:D I always thought it would always be called too. However, one game I watched (not a Pats game) toward the end of the season made a big deal of the runner vs. receiver hit and the fact that a penalty was not called was the correct one.

Compare and contrast to Roy Williams method of breaking people's legs while tacking them. How many people did he put out for the season this year?

677483[/snapback]

Czar, you are correct. A runner may be contacted helmet to helmet. A receiver who has not yet posessed the ball cannot be hit that way. We went over this with the Lynch hit on Clark in Week 17. The flag was thrown right away, because the ref deemed he did not have control. When the play continued, because the other ref incorrectly called it a fumble, the flag was picked up because Clark was ruled a "runnner". When the play was reviewed, it showed Dallas Clark did NOT have control, and the flag was reinstated.

I was referring to Harrison always being the last guy in to hit a guy, when he is already down, and always with his helmet. It should be a dead ball foul for spearing, but the ass gets away with it all the time.