[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dead Man Walkin'

msaint

OK, I know the two week lapse until the Super Bowl forces media/players to say something, anything just to keep yapping about the game, but hey, Freddie, why don't you catch more than 35 balls a year before you start shooting your idiot mouth off.

This is not a "how dare he diss the Pats/Harrison" post –- after all, even Pats fans have a hard time remembering who's in our patchwork secondary lately –- and if someone like TO, Moss, Chad said it, that'd be a little less, well, idiotic, and even kinda funny. But for the love of God... you're Freddie f*@$ing Mitchell!!

Just shut your trap and catch your typical 3 balls-for-24 yards and call it a day, man. :D

The fact that he can't remember the names of the replacement NE secondary is one thing.... but to say "I got something for Harrison" is probably the dumbest statement I have ever heard!  That's just one guy you shouldn't mess with.

What a maroon :D

678354[/snapback]

Yeah, I oddly forgot to mention the Harrison thing, but that was the dumbest comment of all. Harrison's response: "It's pretty funny from a guy that doesn't even start unless someone goes down. Was he a former first-round pick? And still hasn't broken into the starting lineup. Means a lot coming from him." :D

In all honesty, coming from Freddie, it's not at all surprising. He's a talker and it can get quite annoying at times. He's a decent possession receiver but has never really developed into what the team thought he could be. That being said, I didn't really think what he said was that big a deal. "I got something for ya." Like you said, msaint, it's the 2 weeks before the Super Bowl and the networks are looking for any filler they can muster up.

Don't hate him because he's beautiful....oh wait. :D

Freddie's tryin' oh so hard to grab a spot in the limelight. Loved the 'do at the NFC championship game and the recent comments about his great hands.

I wish I could decide if he was smart enough to be joking or whether he really means it. :D

Bill, what's your problem? Seriously. Yes, I get it that Harrison's one of the toughest hitters, etc, and you hate him because he's playing for the Patriots. I don't recall Harrison calling anyone out. From what I've seen of him in the couple years he's been here is that he does his talking on the field -- which is where it should be done, IMO.

Bill, what's your problem? Seriously. Yes, I get it that Harrison's one of the toughest hitters, etc, and you hate him because he's playing for the Patriots. I don't recall Harrison calling anyone out. From what I've seen of him in the couple years he's been here is that he does his talking on the field -- which is where it should be done, IMO.

678414[/snapback]

No, I don't "hate" Harrison because he's on the Pats. I dislike him because he's CONSTANTLY running his mouth on the field and and getting into the opposing players' faces. He also has a history of playing dirty. I'm sorry that you do not agree with me. IMO, that's not appropriate behavior. Perhaps you need to take off your homer glasses and stop being so defensive. FWIW, I've always given Harrison props for being a *** good player.

I've also praised other Pats stars here, such as Troy Brown, Deion Branch, Mike Vrabel, Ty Law, etc. They're all very good players and, despite what your homer-tinted glasses may tell you, I respect them.

Jesus... :D

Edited by Bill Swerski

No, I don't "hate" Harrison because he's on the Pats.  I dislike him because he's CONSTANTLY running his mouth on the field and and getting into the opposing players' faces.  He also has a history of playing dirty.  I'm sorry that you do not agree with me.  IMO, that's not appropriate behavior.  Perhaps you need to take off your homer glasses and stop being so defensive.  FWIW, I've always given Harrison props for being a *** good player.

I've also praised other Pats stars here, such as Troy Brown, Deion Branch, Mike Vrabel, Ty Law, etc.  They're all very good players and, despite what your homer-tinted glasses may tell you, I respect them.

Jesus...  :D

678425[/snapback]

Harrison is one of those players who gets himself pumped up on the field with chatter. Nothing wrong with that. Jerome Bettis is ripped by some for his dancing and talking after solid runs. He has said numerous times that this is just how he gets himself going. Other players, like Marvin Harrison and Troy Polamalu don't need that kind of stuff to get themselves ready. I don't have a problem with either. I think Rodney Harrison is a phenomenal safety. He hits hard. He is also respectful of those that he feels deserve it. He commented very complimentary of Hines Ward before last week saying that in a league that has players mooning, signing football, etc. that Hines Ward is an example of someone who does it right with his blocking and 100% effort. I have no problem with Rodney Harrison. Freddie Mitchell is an under-acheiving big-mouth. I bet you Andy Reid is none to happy with Mitchell's big mouth.

Harrison is one of those players who gets himself pumped up on the field with chatter. 

678431[/snapback]

But if we say that we dislike that attribute in a player, we're automatically labeled "anti-Patriot." :D

FWIW, Ray Lewis exhibits the same behavior and I don't like it either. Then again, I'm also willing to admit that he's the best MLB in the NFL.

Harrison is one of those players who gets himself pumped up on the field with chatter.  Nothing wrong with that.  Jerome Bettis is ripped by some for his dancing and talking after solid runs.  He has said numerous times that this is just how he gets himself going.  Other players, like Marvin Harrison and Troy Polamalu don't need that kind of stuff to get themselves ready.  I don't have a problem with either.  I think Rodney Harrison is a phenomenal safety.  He hits hard.  He is also respectful of those that he feels deserve it.  He commented very complimentary of Hines Ward before last week saying that in a league that has players mooning, signing football, etc.  that Hines Ward is an example of someone who does it right with his blocking and 100% effort.  I have no problem with Rodney Harrison.  Freddie Mitchell is an under-acheiving big-mouth.  I bet you Andy Reid is none to happy with Mitchell's big mouth.

678431[/snapback]

Look, if you are going to make the argument for Harrison and his talking on the field, the same argument can be made for Mitchell. This is what pumps him up and keeps him motivated. I don't like it either way, but that's the way things are.

Definitely not a good idea from Freddie. But I think he was basically trapped into saying these things too. They asked him to name the starting corners , did you really expect him to say their names ? I mean if the Eagles seriously don't know these guys , than I would say they should spend more time preparing.

Forget about who likes to see trash talking or not....it's silly that anyone would even bother to take the time to state that. It has been and will be a part of football. It's what some of them need to do to bring you the product that they do. The only time ANY of the players get in a huff about trash talking is when it's done off of the field.....and particularly when it's done by say, a kicker, or a mediocre position player with a higher opinion of himself than anyone on the planet..... In Freddie Mitchell's case, concentrate on how you're going to get open, by virtue of that, one would think that he would be getting familiar with that secondary instead of sticking his face in EVERY available mike.

Generally, most teams agree that it's not a good idea to give bulletin board material to the opposing team. Look, Freddie's gone next year, because he's mediocre. They gave Greg Lewis an extension which punched Freddie's bus ticket out of town. He's just trying to get a little more than his 15 minutes before he goes. Can't wait too....tired of the title belt routine......

I listen to Mitchell speak a lot on WIP out of Philly and this is par for the course. Last season he ripped the Eagles fans. I can't remember the specifics but he called some of them "groupies" and that they needed to support the team no matter what.

Now I'm all for sticking by your team through thick and thin but at the time, he was giving the fans guff and I remember the Eagles deserved criticism. I just can't remember the specifics. Maybe some of my fellow east PA huddlers remember. I know Cataldi was ripping him an a hole but Eskin sided with him.

No one would have even noticed if he'd just ended it with "Can I just say their numbers?" in reference to the Pats secondary. That would actually have been kinda funny. Shoot, half the NE fans don't even know who the hell Randall Gay, Earthwind Moreland, Hank Poteat, et al are....and it seemed like Mitchell was almost apprehensive when he called out Harrison to end the segment, but felt like he had to be a tough guy/bigshot on ESPN and make a media splash (which, clearly he has, if we're actually discussing the comments of a #3 WR/first-round bust who's likely to be released in the offseason). I just thought this was stupid timing, considering the rest of the Eagles get the utmost respect from the Pats players and fans, at least speaking for myself -- Donovan, Westbrook, Dawkins, Trotter...the NE party line all week has been that these guys are football players, tough, no nonsense, let their play do the talking, etc. -- and it gave the Pats extra motivation they didn't even really need.

But, whatever. Just typical pre-SB nonsense. Enjoy your 15 minutes Freddie. See ya in Arena II. :D

Edited by msaint

No, I don't "hate" Harrison because he's on the Pats.  I dislike him because he's CONSTANTLY running his mouth on the field and and getting into the opposing players' faces.  He also has a history of playing dirty.  I'm sorry that you do not agree with me.  IMO, that's not appropriate behavior.  Perhaps you need to take off your homer glasses and stop being so defensive.  FWIW, I've always given Harrison props for being a *** good player.

I've also praised other Pats stars here, such as Troy Brown, Deion Branch, Mike Vrabel, Ty Law, etc.  They're all very good players and, despite what your homer-tinted glasses may tell you, I respect them.

Jesus...  :D

678425[/snapback]

I didn't say you hated the Patriots (though I bet you do :D ) But your comment was laced with a certain amount of bitterness. Even you have to admit that.

And I was a Harrison fan from back in his days in San Diego, so you can forget about the homer angle. He was my first IDP DB. I've been in love with him ever since.B)

He's a decent possession receiver but has never really developed into what the team thought he could be.

678359[/snapback]

2001 - 21 rec. 283 yds

2002 - 12-105

2003 - 35-498

2004 - 22-377

I don't doubt for a second that he's a "possession receiver"...I just think that whatever he's possessing is not a football.

Surprisingly, my husband and I get a kick out of Freddie Mitchell. It is soley because we keep thinking of that one commercial when the guy in the lockerroom keeps bragging about himself even though he screwed up big time in the football game. We laugh every time we see that commercial and we laugh every time Freddie Mitchell carries on out on the field. It seems like the same character.

I didn't say you hated the Patriots (though I bet you do :D ) But your comment was laced with a certain amount of bitterness. Even you have to admit that.

678678[/snapback]

You said that I hated Harrison, which is simply untrue. I dislike the way that he conducts himself on the field. That doesn't mean that I don't respect his abilities. And, despite what you may think, it doesn't mean that I can't express my opinion here.

And I was a Harrison fan from back in his days in San Diego, so you can forget about the homer angle. He was my first IDP DB. I've been in love with him ever since.B)

Well, gee, I'm sorry that I don't share your love for Rodney. :D

FWIW, Brian Dawkins and Tony Parrish are my favorite strong safeties. Both are hard hitters, great in coverage, and show class on the field.

Edited by Bill Swerski

:sigh: OK, Hitman, tell me why Pats fans are the worst this time...:D

678864[/snapback]

Well, it probably has mostly to do with the fact that I work in an office with a Redsox/Pats diehard guy who is originally from the area (retired Navy). The other fellow in the office is originally from New York. (retired Navy) It's like a sitcom every day I tell ya. They both badger each other daily. I was actually rooting for the Redsox this past year, just so the old guy who's always rooted for them could say they won it in his lifetime. Now, with his gloating about the Redsox AND the Pats this year, I'm ready for the Yankees to return to dominance and the Pats to fall off the face of the earth. B) So, that's basically the reason for my hatred of the Pats.....

that and the fact that my favorite team & QB can't seem to EVER beat them. :D

Edited by Hitman