[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The NBA

Seahawks21

Just a heads up for all the people that have left the NBA behind over the past decade. Good, solid, fundamental team basketball is making a huge comeback. Teams that execute and play unselfishly are running right through teams who have an athletic 1 on 1 scorer who won't share the ball and lacks the heart to play defense. The King of the revival of course is LeBron James. This guy has "it". I had to buy the NBA pass about 2 months ago and the youngster made it well worth by the end of my first week. I don't think I've missed a game of his since. He's that incredible.

Just a heads up for all the people that have left the NBA behind over the past decade.  Good, solid, fundamental team basketball is making a huge comeback.  Teams that execute and play unselfishly are running right through teams who have an athletic 1 on 1 scorer who won't share the ball and lacks the heart to play defense.  The King of the revival of course is LeBron James.  This guy has "it".  I had to buy the NBA pass about 2 months ago and the youngster made it well worth by the end of my first week.  I don't think I've missed a game of his since.  He's that incredible.

679053[/snapback]

My wife is a basketball nut and the NBA league pass is the bargain of the century for up to 12 games every night for 6 months at $160 total.

My wife is a basketball nut and the NBA league pass is the bargain of the century for up to 12 games every night for 6 months at $160 total.

679056[/snapback]

No need for NBA Pass here when you get to watch the champions every game :D

i pretty much stopped following around their strike. used to be a pretty big fan...would at least know the starting 5 for every team. i still followed my team's box scores, but rarely would tune in for games.

glad to hear that team basketball is making a comeback.... i'll try to catch a few games on tv this year and check it out.

Just a heads up for all the people that have left the NBA behind over the past decade.  Good, solid, fundamental team basketball is making a huge comeback.  Teams that execute and play unselfishly are running right through teams who have an athletic 1 on 1 scorer who won't share the ball and lacks the heart to play defense.  The King of the revival of course is LeBron James.  This guy has "it".  I had to buy the NBA pass about 2 months ago and the youngster made it well worth by the end of my first week.  I don't think I've missed a game of his since.  He's that incredible.

679053[/snapback]

I have a fantasy team called the Jahidi Whities. My team is is 4th place out of 12 teams, largely because I win FT%,FG%,3point%,assists,turn-over margin and rebounds on a weekly basis. Who said you couldn't put together a fantasy team with all white guys?

679053[/snapback]

I don't watch much NBA, but I am really enjoying Miami's success and love seeing the Lakers suck. Kobe is nothing without Shaq and I am glad thow whole world can see it.

By the way, the real ROTY was Dwyane Wade. He is the ultimate team guy, very humble, and can take anyone off the dribble. Just wish he could have went to the Bucks.

By the way, the real ROTY was Dwyane Wade.  He is the ultimate team guy, very humble, and can take anyone off the dribble.  Just wish he could have went to the Bucks.

679867[/snapback]

I'll take James over Wade every day of the week.

679937[/snapback]

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But please don't compare LeBron to Jordan. There will NEVER EVER be another Jordan.

LeBron is a great player, but I like Wade as he played at Marquette.

Edited by Men In Tights

679937[/snapback]

Nobody would take Wade over James. He's a heck of a good player (and I wished the Pistons would have taken him at number 2 over Darko), but James is absolutely something special. Of course, Men In Tights is right not to compare him to Jordan YET. But he does have that same intangible quality that elevated Jordan above everone else..He's doing the same fantastic things in the NBA at his age that Jordan was doing in college at the same age...

Nobody would take Wade over James.  He's a heck of a good player (and I wished the Pistons would have taken him at number 2 over Darko), but James is absolutely something special.  Of course, Men In Tights is right not to compare him to Jordan YET.  But he does have that same intangible quality that elevated Jordan above everone else..He's doing the same fantastic things in the NBA at his age that Jordan was doing in college at the same age...

679971[/snapback]

They could've taken Carmello as well.

Until the Spurs crush them in the playoffs....

681158[/snapback]

Who cares? I'd rather watch the Suns light it up anyday than the Spurs . . . only team more boring than the latter is the Pistons.

Edit to add: I have to except Ginobili from the above - that dude is great to watch.

Edited by Balzac

That's who I'm talking about.

681191[/snapback]

Let's see, I quoted your point about Lebron over Wade and agreed. I then stated that I wish the Pistons would have taken Wade over Darko. So I shouldn't criticize drafting a bust at number two overall just because we won the title last year. I'm not sure how the two are connected. You just keep enjoying that run n' gun Western division style until the playoffs when defense matters most.

I also agree with you that the Spurs are the team to beat over there because they are the one Western team that understands defense.

they are the one Western team that understands defense.

681203[/snapback]

Memphis might have something to say about that. Now if they could just get everyone healthy for more than 5 seconds, they might be able to get into some sort of offensive rhythm.

Memphis might have something to say about that.  Now if they could just get everyone healthy for more than 5 seconds, they might be able to get into some sort of offensive rhythm.

681211[/snapback]

You're right Balzac. I do like their style of basketball. Let's see if Fratello can keep the chemistry that Hubie seemed to have with them while he was there.

Don't get me wrong either. There is something to be said about the excitement of the offensive minded games, but that doesn't usually translate into championships. The Lakers of a couple of years ago were the exception because their talent level was high enough to overcome that.

Let's see, I quoted your point about Lebron over Wade and agreed.  I then stated that I wish the Pistons would have taken Wade over Darko.  So I shouldn't criticize drafting a bust at number two overall just because we won the title last year.  I'm not sure how the two are connected.  You just keep enjoying that run n' gun Western division style until the playoffs when defense matters most.

I also agree with you that the Spurs are the team to beat over there because they are the one Western team that understands defense.

681203[/snapback]

Oh, I'm just flippin' poo....I totally enjoyed watching the Pistons last year. I would love to think if the Sonics came from out of the blue and won the title, I wouldn't complain too loudly about their crappy draft pick to start the championship season off......

More than the Spurs can play D out west. They got duncan though.