[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Edge Still Wants Miami

'canes2004

I'd hate to be used as a decoy in Indy for so long.

680400[/snapback]

1548 & 9 TDs is a decoy?

Unless you are refering to the way they mis-used him in a few cases, including against the Pats. They gave up on the run too quickly.

I'd put my money on Indy tagging him.  That would give them "one more year" to get the triplets over New Eng... er, the hump.

680383[/snapback]

That's what I had thought as well. But when you read the article it goes on to say franchising Edge would put him at around 6 mill next season and that might be too much of a cap hit with the recent re-signings of Marvin and Peyton. Seems to me Indy needs Edge to sign a contract that would be more back-loaded so they would be able to sign some FA help for the def and sign their rooks as well.

I'm sure some Indy homers would have some more insight on whats going on. CH?

Is it just me or does every FA RB in the NFL want to play for the Dolphins next year?

680416[/snapback]

Everything's relative. How could the situation in Miami in 2005 be any worse than it was this past season? They also got Hudson Houck to be their offensive line coach, and while it will take some time to see an improvement, he has made NFL running backs look good throughout his whole career.

YAWWWWWWWWN.

This story again, eh? The Miami Herald has reported about 10 times over the last 6 years that Edge wants to go to Miami, or that he was going to be traded there. I guess they think if they print the story enough times, maybe, just maybe, they'll be right. The Colts DO HAVE the money/space to tag him. I doubt very much that they just let him walk for nothing. Irsay has said in the past two weeks that Edge will be re-signed.

It looks to me from that article, that the Dolphins have enough cap problems of their own, if they are projected to be $17 million over next years cap. Cutting Fiedler and Seau would help, but can they afford a huge FA running back contract? Edgerrin has never made it a secret that he would want to live in Miami year round. But why would he want to go to a bad team, with no QB, and get the crap kicked out of him for a couple years?

1548 & 9 TDs is a decoy? 

Unless you are refering to the way they mis-used him in a few cases, including against the Pats.  They gave up on the run too quickly.

680411[/snapback]

You have to remember that WaterMan is an idiot. He thinks Edge had a bad year/career with the Colts and that guys like Chris Brown and Dominic Davis are better. :D