[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Recruiting

GOB1

Do u think being in the Acc helped your recruit efforts. I beleive it did. I was glad to see, the conference finally get some good football teams in there, for years it was Florida State, and everyone else. I never really respected that conference for football, Bowden wooped up on his conference, now with some real talent in that conference lets see how they fair.

Do u think being in the Acc helped your recruit efforts. I beleive it did. I was glad to see, the conference finally get some good football teams in there, for years it was Florida State, and everyone else. I never really respected that conference for football, Bowden wooped up on his conference, now with some real talent in that conference lets see how they fair.

680510[/snapback]

It definetley helped our recruiting efforts. If we were to have remained in the Big East we would've had a disasterous year recruiting new players. There's a lot of uncertainty surrounding the Big East and recruits don't want to go to a school that is in a conference with an uncertain future.

I cant say enough about Kirk Ferentz , I think hes the best coach in the big ten, and probably 1 of the top 5 in the nation. Ive seen this coming, and the recuits see it also, Its scarey what there doing over there.

UVA is looking really good again. #10 overall.

682101[/snapback]

Why do all Hampden Sydney grads pull for UVA? You grew up less than an hour away from Blacksburg and you still pull for UVA. What gives?

Edited by Jumpin Johnies

Sorry about Blackstock.  I heard his grades were not very good and he was worried that he'd be ineligible next season.  At least you guys will have Parham and Brooks.

682181[/snapback]

No worries! appears as though that gap will be filled! Didn't know you were a HOKIE Fan...is that where you went of school?

No worries!  appears as though that gap will be filled!  Didn't know you were a HOKIE Fan...is that where you went of school?

682187[/snapback]

No, I went to a DIII school like Pork Chop. As you know I've got a friend that starts at RT for UVA. The only time I don't pull for UVA is when they play Tech. My buddy got me an autographed ball with Parham, Brooks and Blackstock on it and he's given some of his playing gear to my fiance's little brother who is an autistic child that plays on his high school football team. I played tennis in college. I was good enough to make the team at VT but I never would've played a match. So I played for a nationally ranked DIII school. Hampden Sydney was one of our biggest rivals.

No, I went to a DIII school like Pork Chop.  As you know I've got a friend that starts at RT for UVA.  The only time I don't pull for UVA is when they play Tech.  My buddy got me an autographed ball with Parham, Brooks and Blackstock on it and he's given some of his playing gear to my fiance's little brother who is an autistic child that plays on his high school football team.  I played tennis in college.  I was good enough to make the team at VT but I never would've played a match.  So I played for a nationally ranked DIII school.  Hampden Sydney was one of our biggest rivals.

682218[/snapback]

Which D3 school? In VA? I went to Radford but had an uncle who went to UVA. He is only 3 years older than me, so more like a big bro. He was in grad school while I was an undergrad and as you know RU has no football team :D so I would go to most UVA home games with my uncle.

Which D3 school?  In VA?  I went to Radford but had an uncle who went to UVA.  He is only 3 years older than me, so more like a big bro.  He was in grad school while I was an undergrad and as you know RU has no football team :D  so I would go to most UVA home games with my uncle.

682229[/snapback]

I went to Greensboro College. Actually the guy that got me to come there is one of Pork Chops good friends. Radford is a big time party school, I've had a lot fun up there through the years. It must've been tough being a UVA fan in a Hokie environment. :D

Why do all Hampden Sydney grads pull for UVA?  You grew up less than an hour away from Blacksburg and you still pull for UVA.  What gives?

682135[/snapback]

I loathe Va Tech for gambling reasons, ex-girlfriend reasons, and the fact that every schmoe from my hometown jumps all over the bandwagon. i also went to the commerce program at Mcintire at UVA. Also current girlfriend and entire family went to UVA.

I loathe Va Tech for gambling reasons, ex-girlfriend reasons, and the fact that every schmoe from my hometown jumps all over the bandwagon. i also went to the commerce program at Mcintire at UVA. Also current girlfriend and entire family went to UVA.

687810[/snapback]

That excuse works for me. :D