[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Roto Hoops

Balzac

Anyone know of a huddle-esque board for roto hoops (or baseball)? Now that I mention it, are there enough people lurking around here to turn this board into something good for the "lesser" fantasy sports? I'd hate having to visit separate boards if the huddle could be my one stop shop. Let me know what's what.

Anyone know of a huddle-esque board for roto hoops (or baseball)?  Now that I mention it, are there enough people lurking around here to turn this board into something good for the "lesser" fantasy sports?  I'd hate having to visit separate boards if the huddle could be my one stop shop.  Let me know what's what.

681244[/snapback]

I'll talk about it.

I'm not sure I'm playing Fbaseball this year, as I'm presently in a snit with several of the bitchy owners in my league.

It's always fun to follow though.

If you can handle oodles of morons, ESPN has decent boards for hoops (and I'll assume baseball). I post under 'darin3' there, too. If y'all want to really yak it up hoops-wise here, I'm game. I've been playing fantasy basketball longer than football and actually had my own fantasy hoops website for a few years (no time anymore).

:D

Any sneaky PGs that you can think of that might be available? I'm first in my league overall, but am absolutely bleeding away points in the assists category with Claxton and Tinsley getting roughed up lately . . . I picked up Raul Lopez after McCleod went down, but now Sloan seems to be favoring Eisley (don't get me started on Sloan this year . . . newsflash, dude - Mehmet Okur is good!). Tyronne Lue and Eisley are available, but all of the other short-term fixes are gone (e.g. Dickau, Fisher etc.). Can you think of anyone off the top that I might be missing?

Any sneaky PGs that you can think of that might be available?  I'm first in my league overall, but am absolutely bleeding away points in the assists category with Claxton and Tinsley getting roughed up lately . . . I picked up Raul Lopez after McCleod went down, but now Sloan seems to be favoring Eisley (don't get me started on Sloan this year . . . newsflash, dude - Mehmet Okur is good!).  Tyronne Lue and Eisley are available, but all of the other short-term fixes are gone (e.g. Dickau, Fisher etc.).  Can you think of anyone off the top that I might be missing?

682158[/snapback]

With the injuries in Golden State, perhaps you audition Dunleavy. He's posted 6 assists in each of the past 2 games. Might help you out, at least until Claxton is back and running the show.

I have had Ridnour on my squad for a spell, hoping to get assists from him. Daniels pimps time (and assists) from him, making the situation a little iffy, though.

Sura is a possibility, although he's rather fragile this season.

Brunson is a reach, but he's been effective assist-wise recently. Ditto with Lue.

With the injuries in Golden State, perhaps you audition Dunleavy.  He's posted 6 assists in each of the past 2 games.  Might help you out, at least until Claxton is back and running the show.

I have had Ridnour on my squad for a spell, hoping to get assists from him.  Daniels pimps time (and assists) from him, making the situation a little iffy, though.

Brunson is a reach, but he's been effective assist-wise recently.  Ditto with Lue.

683911[/snapback]

Each of the above are gone, with the exception of Brunson. With Jaric back, I expect Brunson to be pretty much useless. I dropped Juan "Captain Consistency" Dixon and grabbed Mo Williams - his close to 6 apg should be acceptable until I get Tinsley back. Speaking of Mo, this dude should be getting more time - his numbers are pretty impressive for a guy that's only playing 25 mpg. I could also dig it if Sloan decides to play Raul Lopez - his lines in the 30+ minute games last week were nice.

With the injuries in Golden State, perhaps you audition Dunleavy.  He's posted 6 assists in each of the past 2 games.  Might help you out, at least until Claxton is back and running the show.

I have had Ridnour on my squad for a spell, hoping to get assists from him.  Daniels pimps time (and assists) from him, making the situation a little iffy, though.

Brunson is a reach, but he's been effective assist-wise recently.  Ditto with Lue.

683911[/snapback]

Trying to acquire Jason Terry. I've offered Tinsley and either Krstic or Okur, but the dude I would like to trade with insists on getting Tinsley + Dalembert. I think this is too much. Am I nuts for thinking Tinsley + Okur is a more than fair offer?

Trying to acquire Jason Terry.  I've offered Tinsley and either Krstic or Okur, but the dude I would like to trade with insists on getting Tinsley + Dalembert.  I think this is too much.  Am I nuts for thinking Tinsley + Okur is a more than fair offer?

684700[/snapback]

Depends on who he has at center. I'm not a fan of Okur; Dalembert obviously has oodles more value that Okur.

I'm not big on Terry, either... for that matter.

How about Brunson, now? Looks like Jaric is going back on the IR?

Depends on who he has at center.  I'm not a fan of Okur; Dalembert obviously has oodles more value that Okur.

I'm not big on Terry, either... for that matter.

How about Brunson, now?  Looks like Jaric is going back on the IR?

688390[/snapback]

I've got my eye on that situation - not sure what Marko's knee is about just yet . . .

I've got my eye on that situation - not sure what Marko's knee is about just yet . . .

688392[/snapback]

On a similar, related topic...

Tinsley is killin' me...

He's a main reason my team has been so solid this season, but he's crappin' the bed with this injury and his "sickness". Come on. I played some of my best ball with the flu.

The guy in first in my league is up on me by 4-5 roto points, but he's SO far ahead in "games played"... he'll run out of games 2 weeks before the season is over. I'm a little concerned that the 3rd place guy is creeping up on me a little bit and his game limits are well-below the pace (like me).

For general comment/discussion:

PG: Billups, Tinsley

SG: Allen, J-Rich, Wally World

SF: Marion, Simmons, Marshall (en FUEGO!)

PF: Boozer, Randolph

C: Bosh, Curry, Magloire

Solid in FT%, 3s, boards, points. Need huge upgrade in blocks, and perhaps a pure assist guy.

I really want to dump J-Rich (he always slows down), Tinsley, and Simmons. Even Randolph. Thoughts?

On a similar, related topic...

Tinsley is killin' me...

He's a main reason my team has been so solid this season, but he's crappin' the bed with this injury and his "sickness".  Come on.  I played some of my best ball with the flu.

The guy in first in my league is up on me by 4-5 roto points, but he's SO far ahead in "games played"... he'll run out of games 2 weeks before the season is over.  I'm a little concerned that the 3rd place guy is creeping up on me a little bit and his game limits are well-below the pace (like me).

For general comment/discussion:

PG:  Billups, Tinsley

SG:  Allen, J-Rich, Wally World

SF:  Marion, Simmons, Marshall (en FUEGO!)

PF:  Boozer, Randolph

C:  Bosh, Curry, Magloire

Solid in FT%, 3s, boards, points.  Need huge upgrade in blocks, and perhaps a pure assist guy.

I really want to dump J-Rich (he always slows down), Tinsley, and Simmons.  Even Randolph.  Thoughts?

688410[/snapback]

I feel your pain - Tinsley's past few weeks have dropped me from a comfortable 10 point lead to a narrow 2 point one. His assists and steals are very hard to duplicate. Hopefully he'll be back within the week.

As far as moving guys goes, Tinsley would be tough right now b/c he's hurt - you wouldn't get enough value, so I'd stick with him (that's my plan).

Simmons is hard to evaluate, as I think he could tank at any minute. If you can get good value for him, I'd move him in a second. Maybe some sucker would be willing to part with a Jason Terry for him? Who knows.

I'm not a huge fan of J-Rich from a fantasy perspective. I'm sure you could find someone who would be willing to overpay for him b/c he's a great scorer (there are always peeps who focus too much on the big cats).

Sadly, Randolph is looking like junk (much like all of the POR frontcourt). I think he's another case of a guy that you wouldn't be able to get value for.

You want blocks cheap? I'd go after Kelvin Cato - he's been nothing short of excellent for my squad when healthy and you can probably get him super-cheap right now b/c he's not 100%. Take a look at his stats - aside from points, 3s and assists, he's strong across the board.

My squad:

PG: Wade, Tinsley, Claxton, Lopez

SG/SF: Joe Johnson, Stephen Jackson, Caron Butler, Posey

PF: J O'Neal, Amare, Okur

C: Dalembert, Cato, Krstic

Bring back Jamal!