[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NOTICE - Official Sig Line limits in force

DMD

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what exactly is large font? 10 14 24 32 ?

Just asking?

682493[/snapback]

large font is any font other than what the default for a sig line is.

Meh. One of the few upgrades around here that is meaningless to me. And while I'd like the boards to be pay only I can certainly understand why they are not. You come here check out the MBs and decide to subscribe. Plus WW and DMD can afford my pro rata share of the profits anyways given my acumen and the free pointers I dish out daily.

:D

Welcome to the world of conciseness, Huddle Siglines!!! Just think of it as the vanity plate of your Huddlemobile ... you only get soooooo many (few) characters and part of the glory is cramming all your meaning into the available space ... It's time to change those manifestos into pullquotes!!

Formatting rosters/Scoring will be a challenge -- But I am hopeful that some bright mind will figure it out and we can all copy it ... I mean, that's where disco came from, afterall ... :D

So now that I have removed the following line from my sig

Life is all about ass; you're either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, trying to get a piece of it, or behaving like one. If you are behaving like one consider yourself ignored, and you asses out there know who you are.

Is my sigline 5 lines ... or do the blank line count too?

So now that I have removed the following line from my sig

Life is all about ass; you're either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, trying to get a piece of it, or behaving like one. If you are behaving like one consider yourself ignored, and you asses out there know who you are.

Is my sigline 5 lines ... or do the blank line count too?

683621[/snapback]

Since the problem is length and not using characters, lines are just lines regardless if you fill them.

Since the problem is length and not using characters, lines are just lines regardless if you fill them.

683910[/snapback]

So I have my text size set to smallest for my explorer which means I see more words per line than someone with the text size set to large.

Do I have to set my text size up to check it out too?

So I have my text size set to smallest for my explorer which means I see more words per line than someone with the text size set to large.

Do I have to set my text size up to check it out too?

684156[/snapback]

If you leave the default text size alone, it should not matter.

C'mon skins, if DMD had said 10, then you or someone else would have said 15. 

You are one of the best writers here; you can communicate your thought in 5 lines or less.  Less skilled writers can communicate the message in the post, that way we only have to read it once.

Look at Skippy's sigline if you have any problems with a "slippery slope" argument about how much someone can do with "just one more line."  The post consists of 27 lines, mostly repetitive, conforming to a tired, old template that needs updating.  I only use Skippy's as an example because it is conveniently located two posts before this one in this thread.

683070[/snapback]

OK, then how about 15? I just think people should create short siglines because it is the right thing to do, not because it is a rule. Wait, that would never work.....

:doah:

10 lines would be better. 5 is too few. And I like short siglines. 5 is just too limiting.

682451[/snapback]

I agree. As darin mentioned too ---> alot of people put their league set-up in their sig lines. Ten lines would allow that but still limit the sig lines enough to keep Huddlers from going overboard.

Nice avatar, skins!! :D

I'm also in favor of a fee to use the boards. It allows The Huddle to keep the site updated technologically and may cut down on some of the superfluous posts.

I agree. As darin mentioned too ---> alot of people put their league set-up in their sig lines. Ten lines would allow that but still limit the sig lines enough to keep Huddlers from going overboard.

685336[/snapback]

See current sigline. It'll be tough for those that draft the likes of Vanderjagt, Culpepper and Houshmenzadeh, and/or those that have wacky scoring systems. But my league's system has its quirks and everything fit in 5 lines... then again, I didn't have room to add a Fletch quote or any other "personable fluff"...

So, in essence, 5 is probably too little. 10 would be ample.

How about limiting the sigline to 5 lines makes you decide what you really WANT to communicate?

Not meaning to harsh on you Darin but the "one more line" argument can go on forever.

685399[/snapback]

Shrug, I really couldn't care less.

I, for one, will be making my signature 2-3 lines and will simply post my team/scoring IN the post whilest posting in the FF forum. :D

Edit: And my point was, even if it's JUST your team/league info that you want to put in your signature (which is REALLY appreciated/suggested in the FF forum), that you're going to have trouble fitting it in 5 lines... not even bringing up the issue of having "personal" quotes, etc.

Edited by darin3

here's an idea for some people who want to have a longer sig line.

Make a new topic in the test area, write whatever you want your sig to say, and then on your sig line put a link to the topic. If the topic goes away eventually then make a new one. Just an idea :D

686256[/snapback]

or instead of the test area, DMD or whoever could make a new forum just for people's sig lines

here's an idea for some people who want to have a longer sig line.

Make a new topic in the test area, write whatever you want your sig to say, and then on your sig line put a link to the topic. If the topic goes away eventually then make a new one. Just an idea :D

686256[/snapback]

Oh yeah ... and we will all click on the links and check out everybody's sigline.

Come on, that was just a dumb idea.

I didn't bother to read all of the posts (I read most of the 1st 2 pages), so if someone else has already said it, forgive me for repeating, but:

I can't believe the number of people here begging for more censorship!!!

The argument that it is too physically taxing to scroll through all the long posts is just insane. If you truly find this to be the case for you, then here's some advice: Get a life, get outside, and get some exercise.

As an American, and former soldier, I am truly ashamed for you all.

End of rant.