[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I hear they're giving the roster spot

Homey123

UT?

http://www.wpri.com/Global/story.asp?S=2890637&nav=F2DQVtAG

According to this article, the Pats have an extra roster spot. This poses an interesting dilemma for Kraft/BB. The article proposes some possibilities: auction it, give it to an ex-NFL great like Barry Sanders or a scout team player. No mention of giving it to a fan.

What do you think they should do with the extra roster spot?

Edited by Homey123

UT?

http://www.wpri.com/Global/story.asp?S=2890637&nav=F2DQVtAG

According to this article, the Pats have an extra roster spot.  This poses an interesting dilemma for Kraft/BB.  The article proposes some possibilities: auction it, give it to an ex-NFL great like Barry Sanders or a scout team player.  No mention of giving it to a fan.

682031[/snapback]

Give it to Bledsoe.

I say you give it to Robert Edwards.

682085[/snapback]

That's a great idea gil. That kid had a lot of potential. It's too bad what happened to him. Where's he now? He was with the Dolphins a couple years ago wasn't he? Has he given up? Just wondering.

That's a great idea gil.  That kid had a lot of potential.  It's too bad what happened to him.  Where's he now?  He was with the Dolphins a couple years ago wasn't he?  Has he given up?  Just wondering.

682091[/snapback]

Had a run with the Phins in 02 and has been out of the league since that time.

Hard to say what's with him...no pension, was injured off the job. I know he inquired about a roster spot with Miami when RW went wacky...but that's about it.

Curt Schilling

... although he's still on crutches. I saw him hobbling around at a celebrity poker game, and I really really admired what he did even more. Boston owes him big big.

Wouldn't that be cool? Getting a World Series and a Superbowl ring in the same year? :D

Edited by AtomicCEO

I was serious...

For the time he put in with New England & the class that he showed the city & the organization when they showed him the door.

682123[/snapback]

Drew got his ring on the sidelines in 2001, and didn't return home with the team or go to the parade. I don't think he would want that roster spot to be Brady's cheerleader for a 2nd Superbowl.

Drew got his ring on the sidelines in 2001, and didn't return home with the team or go to the parade.  I don't think he would want that roster spot to be Brady's cheerleader for a 2nd Superbowl.

682164[/snapback]

Correct you are, my mistake.

682031[/snapback]

Giving it to a fan would be incredibly stupid, IMO.

I'd try to find an out-of-work veteran QB. If Brady were to go down, they don't have an experienced backup to take his place. Someone like Mark Rypien might be a decent choice.

I'd try to find an out-of-work veteran QB.  If Brady were to go down, they don't have an experienced backup to take his place.  Someone like Mark Rypien might be a decent choice.

682183[/snapback]

Jay Schroeder, Doug Williams and Heat Shuler would be good choices as well. :D

It even says in the story that of the 53 man roster, only 45 can be on the active roster on game day. So, the odds of the 53 man being part of the 45 is pretty slim, so why bother.

Antwan Harris must have done something to piss them off, otherwise he would be the 53rd man and wouldn't have been cut after being on the team 11 days.

I'd try to find an out-of-work veteran QB.  If Brady were to go down, they don't have an experienced backup to take his place.  Someone like Mark Rypien might be a decent choice.

682183[/snapback]

Tony Eason? :D

Cade McNown is still in a mental institution after losing Heather Kozar to Tim Couch.

682235[/snapback]

I just googled Heather Kozar's name and the second result was a link with a bunch of naked pictures of her B) . I got a chubby after the third picture. :D Thanks for dropping the name Darin. :tup:What's her deal with sorry ass quarterbacks? :D