[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pitt Homers...what is the thought on The Bus

dfv87

I am in a dynasty league and we are expanding to add teams and will be having an expansion draft and we have to protect players not under long term contracts.

Due to a 16 team league I want to keep a potentially solid 3/4 RB because as this year showed he has value, but there has been talk of him hanging it up.

Any news or opinions?

Not a Pitt homer,

But wasn't he just noted giving a farewell speech to all

of his teammates after their season ended?

Even if it was said that his reason for that was because that specific team would

not all be back next year. Personally, i took it as a sign that he will be retiring.

I haven't heard anything concrete one way or the other, but I think he'll be back. If the Steelers would've stunk this year it would've been a different story. I think after the success the Steelers had this year he'll come back and make another run for the Super Bowl. JMO.

I think he'll come back for one more try. The pieces are in place for another good year, and a healthy Duce will make it easier on the Bus.

But.... He has been mugging for the camera quite a bit lately on CBS and the NFL network. I think he's laying the groundwork for an immediate move to the booth or pregame shows as soon as he does retire.

Maybe he'll replace Mike Irvin :D

He was already playing for about veteran minimum last year and he'll be 33 years old. Several of the players that were upset with the loss to NE mentioned Bettis as if it were his last game. My money is on him retiring, which almost happened last year.

He was already playing for about veteran minimum last year and he'll be 33 years old. Several of the players that were upset with the loss to NE mentioned Bettis as if it were his last game. My money is on him retiring, which almost happened last year.

683060[/snapback]

That's how I see it -- I think Bettis is headed to the broadcast life ... I'm just hoping that VHay can step in as an effective RB partner for Staley.

I'm gonna go the same route with Bettis as I do with Emmitt Smith...If you want to play and they are willing to pay you....keep playing, he obviously has a little gas left in that tank. He has had a wonderful career, I'm sure he has set himself up for life after football, I think he comes back for one more year.