[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Edgerrin "backs" out of Pro Bowl

CaptainHook

Edgerrin James has decided not to play in the Pro Bowl due to a back injury. Corey Dillon will replace him.

Curtis Martin will also not play due to an unspecified injury. He will be replace by Rudi Johnson.

Edited by CaptainHook

It's time to put this post-season fraud to rest. It's just a week long vacation for the players and their families. Might as well just give them an award, a small check and thanks for being an all-pro. The game has turned into a joke with all the no-shows over the past few years.

Edited by 'canes2004

I think they should replace the game with more of that QB competition type stuff. Simple contests designed to show off skills or some such, speed, strength, etc. The game is a farce anyhow. People would come out to see some fun competitions and I bet more players would take part so long as they were less in danger of getting injured.

People would come out to see some fun competitions and I bet more players would take part so long as they were less in danger of getting injured.

686119[/snapback]

I think that injury is definitely the issue here, and if you really think about it you can't blame him. He's a free agent and is probably hoping to get his last big contract of his career, why take the risk no matter how small? As far as other competitions, freak things still happen, remember Robert Edwards? His career effectively ended in his rookie year while participating in a flag football game on the beach at the probowl, not to mention he almost lost his leg.

Edited by Skrappy1

I think Edwards was just in the rookie beach volley ball game.  I don't think he was a Pro Bowler, IIRC.

686201[/snapback]

It was a rookie all-star beach flag football game during the week of the Pro Bowl in 1999.

686203[/snapback]

A Pro Bowl invitee or an all-star Rookie Flag Football invitee during the Pro Bowl week......you get my point.

Robert Edwards once promising career as a Pro Football RB is over.

Why is it over?

A meaningless invite to a meaningless game during the Pro Bowl weekend that he accepted and then promptly tore up his knee. I don't be-grudge Edge one iota for passing on the Pro Bowl invite.

I think Czarina's suggestion, shown below, is the best:

I think they should replace the game with more of that QB competition type stuff. Simple contests designed to show off skills or some such, speed, strength, etc. The game is a farce anyhow. People would come out to see some fun competitions and I bet more players would take part so long as they were less in danger of getting injured.

686119[/snapback]