[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cowboy bias strikes again!

quiveringnorm

You do realise on this very page, you have this typed:

"He got busted with coke in a hotel room with Alfredo Roberts and two strippers. He was also arrested and not charged when police busted in a apartment and they found a joint on a table. THis was after he retired."

You see, most people would read this, and think you meant he was never arrested while he was playing.

So go back to your world where OJ didn't kill his wife and Irvin was only busted 1 time, all the other incidents never happened cuz charges were dropped and reduced.

And buy some Kleenex.

690252[/snapback]

Just admit you were wrong about the whole hooker abuse and holding a gun to a hookers' head issue and I will shut up and go away. It is people like you with your lack of information that make some people seem like the devil. I admit, Irvin was not a model citizen. That is true. But you had to be corrected when you spout off about all the false stuff you said he did. I don't want Irvin to raise my children or date my daughter, but his off the field trouble shouldn't factor in and he should have been inducted to the hall of fame this year.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just admit you were wrong about the whole hooker abuse and holding a gun to a hookers' head issue and I will shut up and go away.  It is people like you with your lack of information that make some people seem like the devil. 

690261[/snapback]

As soon as you admit you were wrong and had no idea he was arrested for drugs DURING his playing career, AS WELL AS after he retired. Then I will admit that an arrest and/or investigation for something does not deem a person guilty, therefor should never be brought up.:D

I admit, Irvin was not a model citizen.  That is true. But you had to be corrected when you spout off about all the false stuff you said he did.  I don't want Irvin to raise my children or date my daughter, but his off the field trouble shouldn't  factor in and he should have been inducted to the hall of fame this year.

690261[/snapback]

Why not? And who said it was? Is he the all-time leading reciever of all time? No? Then why should he be inducted in the first ballet?

As soon as you admit you were wrong and had no idea he was arrested for drugs DURING his playing career, AS WELL AS after he retired. Then I will admit that an arrest and/or investigation for something does not deem a person guilty, therefor should never be brought up.:D

Why not? And who said it was? Is he the all-time leading reciever of all time? No? Then why should he be inducted in the first ballet?

690286[/snapback]

I admit in my post that it sounds like I meant he wasn't arrested during his playing career. I meant only the last part of that sentence was after he retired. I agree numerous times that he was arrested ONCE during his playing career.

Is he the all-time leading reciever of all time? No? Then why should he be inducted in the first ballet?

690286[/snapback]

I didn't realize that being the all-time leader at your respective position was a pre-requisite to first ballot induction. I wonder how both Young and Marino made it into the HOF on the first ballot this time? :D

Michael Irvin was the heart and soul of the early 90's Cowboys.

686237[/snapback]

Uh, no. That would be Emmitt or Aikman.

Your argument about Irvin vs. Swann/Stallworth doesn't account for the fact that Swann and Stallworth were statistically "better" than most of their peers in the '70s, while Irvin was clearly not the best WR in the NFL in the '90s.

BTW, what's up with the rainbow flag? :D

I didn't realize that being the all-time leader at your respective position was a pre-requisite to first ballot induction.  I wonder how both Young and Marino made it into the HOF on the first ballot this time? :D

690483[/snapback]

You missed my point. I'm not saying it is, in fact, I'm saying that if you aren't then you definately aren't a shoe-in for first ballet induction.

I admit in my post that it sounds like I meant he wasn't arrested during his playing career.  I meant only the last part of that sentence was after he retired.  I agree numerous times that he was arrested ONCE during his playing career.

690451[/snapback]

Fair enough, i retract all my comments about his other run ins with the law. They were thrown out of court or dropped and nothing was ever proven.