[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

People picking Eagles to win...

slimshim

I would LOVE to know if the people that are picking Philly to win (especially by 7+ points) are doing so emotionally, or they truly have figured out from a gameplan and matchup perspective that Philly should win this game.

This question has been eating at me. Please respond and explain. I need to know what I'm missing here.

Slim

:D:D

I would LOVE to know if the people that are picking Philly to win (especially by 7+ points) are doing so emotionally, or they truly have figured out from a gameplan and matchup perspective that Philly should win this game.

This question has been eating at me. Please respond and explain. I need to know what I'm missing here.

Slim

:D  :D

686687[/snapback]

It's really bothering you huh? B)

I'm not picking the Eagles, but I have to assume that anyone picking them to win (especially by more than 7) is assuming they will attack down the field.

The only two Pats games I saw this year where the other teams put up alot of points were the Bengals and Dolphins games in weeks 14 and 15. Both teams had success throwing deeper passes (15+ yards) against what was a depleted NE secondary. While the players in the secondary are largely the same, they seem to be playing alot better now as a group.

So I think if you pick Philly, you have to assume TO is healthy and he's just too much for the NE DBs to handle. Or, you have to assume that McNabb will get alot of yardage and make some big plays with his feet.

I don't know :D . Let's hear from someone who's actually picking them!

These teams are pretty well matched up, it should be a good game either way. What's not to understand, are you not a Football fan of some sort. We in Philly understand our team, obviously better than most of the rest of the country. We are confident that as long as the Birds playsmart ball and don't make mistakes the y can and will win this one.

But that can be said of any 2 good teams on any Sunday. It's not that deep ,w e are not afraid of the Pats, they are respected as a good team, playing another good team. Philly is on its way up , no doubt. Who knows the Pats have also been good the last several years . A step ahead of us, but our time is now.

I think the Eagles are being grossly underestimated by most simply because they are coming out of the weaker NFC.

686698[/snapback]

The argument to that is that they did not play as strong against the AFC teams in the regular season. Unless they put up a strong game today, I am going to be convinced that they were not a true contender and came out of a weak NFC.

The argument to that is that they did not play as strong against the AFC teams in the regular season. Unless they put up a strong game today, I am going to be convinced that they were not a true contender and came out of a weak NFC.

686704[/snapback]

You can have your opinion, evryone has one. That's a weak argument but, it's also the majority opinion. One thing of us Philly fans, we could care less what others think.

Slim

686687[/snapback]

I'm not picking Philly, but you can bet they've disected that Miami/NE game film to try to figure out the best way to put pressure on Brady. If he plays somewhat mistake free at QB, it's a rout.

What's not to understand, are you not a Football fan of some sort.

686702[/snapback]

It's not about being a fan. I've listened to and watched all sorts of sports media from Philly saying as much as they'd like to pick the eagles they can't do it.

The key word is "pick". A fan can root all he wants for a team. That's where you can ask whether I'm a fan. The question is picking them over a team thats there for the 3rd time in 4 years who has proven its game planning and resilience to always be a step ahead of the competition.

Will everyone be saying again tomorrow, "How did I pick against the Pats"?

Slim

It's not about being a fan. I've listened to and watched all sorts of sports media from Philly saying as much as they'd like to pick the eagles they can't do it.

The key word is "pick". A fan can root all he wants for a team. That's where you can ask whether I'm a fan. The question is picking them over a team thats there for the 3rd time in 4 years who has proven its game planning and resilience to always be a step ahead of the competition.

Will everyone be saying again tomorrow, "How did I pick against the Pats"?

Slim

686717[/snapback]

Not me!

LOL...good luck buddy!!!

686723[/snapback]

:D

Slim

686687[/snapback]

I think the answer here is ( and I am not a Philly fan...I just hope for a good game ) getting to Tom Brady and a healthy T.O. If they can put solid , consistent pressure on Brady AND T.O. is healthy enough to really impact the game , they can definitely win.

Just my opinion ........

I think the Eagles are being grossly underestimated by most simply because they are coming out of the weaker NFC.

686698[/snapback]

I don't know that I am 'underestimating' them, but I don't think they match up. They are a good team, and they are well coached. Sure they have a chance to win.

But they haven't played anyone this season except the Steelers, and I know you remember that game well. This will be the first very good team they have played since that loss. They just don't have the exposure to high levels of performance that the Pats do, and I think it will show.

I'm really interested to see how Greg Lewis performs today as a deep threat. He's my sleeper for this game. As others have said, I think if the Eagles are going to win they are going to have challenge the Pats deep and keep their secondary playing a little further back then normal. Dinking and dunking is not what you want to do against this Pats team.

Let's just get the game going. please!

like ramhock, i see it as basically a coin-flip game. i don't think philly defense is getting the credit it should. they are scary good, i don't think NE is going to be able to move the ball well at all. philly may not either, which points to a close game IMO, down to the 4th quarter. it may come down to a big play here or there, and IMO philly is a little more dangerous, especially with NE's weakness at corner.

like ramhock, i see it as basically a coin-flip game.  i don't think philly defense is getting the credit it should.  they are scary good, i don't think NE is going to be able to move the ball well at all.  philly may not either, which points to a close game IMO, down to the 4th quarter.  it may come down to a big play here or there, and IMO philly is a little more dangerous, especially with NE's weakness at corner.

686806[/snapback]

Are they scary-better than the Steelers #1 scoring defense? :D

Let's just get the game going. please!

686770[/snapback]

I'm a SD fan, and for your sake I hope it works out better for you than it did in our only SB appearance. The spread in that one was almost 20 and I had myself believing we had a shot. I see your only hope being TO at 90% to 100% healthy.

But I guess that's why they play the game.