[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

To the Huddle Eagle fans...

Caveman_Nick

gladly( :D to next yr) we will get from others...I know philly had a lapse in the 2nd half but IMO was one of the best SBs ever.

but i still feel like :bawling: in my :D

687070[/snapback]

Keggerz...go get your sig...just kidding. Good game... B)

Keggerz...go get your sig...just kidding. Good game... :D

687074[/snapback]

was just waiting to see if that was the OFFICAL sig we had to carry...if there is an avatar part to the bet I will try to figure out how to change mine tomm

was just waiting to see if that was the OFFICAL sig we had to carry...if there is an avatar part to the bet I will try to figure out how to change mine tomm

687083[/snapback]

just messing...that bet seemed to fall apart...i tried to pull it together before I went to Mardi Gras...

Tough loss tonight.

Congrats to the Pats. They are definitely tops in the league. I think Philly proved tonight they are right up there. Looking forward to the rematch in next year's Super Bowl.

I'll get to my sig line sometime tomorrow. I'm out for tonight.

Can I breathe now? Yipes, that was a scary game.

The Eagles absolutely gave the Pats all they could handle tonight.

687089[/snapback]

I disagree, Czarina. I think the game was more lopsided than the score. I think the Eagles were outplayed and outschemed throughout the whole game.

Jeez, I don't know. The Pats D came out very strong...funky penalties kept them from making an even bigger impact. But the Pats O wasn't doing much at all for a long time. Not even a first down in the first quarter. Sucky, frankly. It was a very tense game from my perspective. I felt pretty good seeing them up 10, but they could have lost that game if the Eagles had a two minute drill, IMO.

Can I breathe now? Yipes, that was a scary game.

The Eagles absolutely gave the Pats all they could handle tonight.

687089[/snapback]

Yes it was. I thought the D played great and TO played better than I expected. I think G.Lewis just opened some eyes up for next year.

The Pats had some stupid penalties that almost cost them the game.

Another 3 pnt victory.....thank's Vinatieri!

First, while I don't want to give Freddie Mitchell any more more "coverage" than he deserves, I can't resist one last time, as he's an affront to all players on all teams who (2) shut up and perform (e.g. Hines, Marvin, LT, Brady), or (2) if they DO talk smack, they back it up on the field (a la T.O. last night). Nice one-catch game, Freddie. B) Hope you enjoyed your "career." Here's your hair net and nametag...now get back there on that grill with Akili, Leaf and Klingler and start flipping those Whoppers! :D

I thought not getting the TD and settling for the FG to make it 24-21 instead of 28-21 was going to haunt us somehow down the stretch. This was the first time all year that I found myself saying "Wow, they're playing not to lose rather then playing to win!" with all the conservative run calls up the middle in the last 2/3 series, I was SCREAMING for a first down...but it proves I shouldn't be coaching a FB team because, while they didn't get those precious 1st downs, they ate up valuable clock and forced Philly to burn timeouts. Guess it was a "pick your poison" sort of thing, they didn't want to risk an INT because Brady clearly wasn't as sharp as usual tonight (though he was steady, and did make some incredibly accurate passes, too, esp. that sweet one late to Branch, who made a great catch) and it put the game on the Pats defense's shoulders and forced McNabb to have to win the game down the stretch, which were better odds than making Brady and the hit-or-miss offense (last night anyway) against the very tough Eagle D.

Bottom line, I was tearing out my hair until the final Harrison INT...while people are saying it wasn't as close as the final score indicates, this game was wayyyyy too close for comfort for me personally. But, hey, in this league a W is a W and we'll take it. Congrats to the Eagles for coming to play hard and not falling for all the "experts" saying it would be a Pats blowout, but mostly, congrats to the Pats on 3 out of 4

:D

Edited by msaint

Props to the Pats for playing a smart game. :D

Even though they play in the NFC, I think the Eagles are better than the Colts and the Steelers. Four turn-overs, poor clock management (and, believe me as a Jets fan its difficult for me to criticize another team's clock management), and virtually no running game and they still came within 3 points of winning it all. The Steelers or Colts would have lost by 14 to 17 points under those circumstances. Oh, wait, they DID lose by 14 to 17 points under those circumstances!

Bottom line, I was tearing out my hair until the final Harrison INT...while people are saying it wasn't as close as the final score indicates, this game was wayyyyy too close for comfort for me personally. But, hey, in this league a W is a W and we'll take it. Congrats to the Eagles for coming to play hard and not falling for all the "experts" saying it would be a Pats blowout, but mostly, congrats to the Pats on 3 out of 4

Exactly. I couldn't breathe for most of the game. The stupid penalties were just killing me. A couple of them I thought were cheap calls by the officials but the Pats were not their usual relatively mistake free selves last night.

Congrats to The World Champion New England Patriots!

I thought not getting the TD and settling for the FG to make it 24-21 instead of 28-21 was going to haunt us somehow down the stretch. This was the first time all year that I found myself saying "Wow, they're playing not to lose rather then playing to win!" with all the conservative run calls up the middle in the last 2/3 series, I was SCREAMING for a first down...

687441[/snapback]

You're right, most times, they will pass on 3rd down and go for the jugular. It is almost like they knew in advance that Philly wouldn't be able to manage the clock to save their lives.

They said 10 points is enough, and the only hickup with Belicheck's plan was giving up the long TD pass to Lewis. That is the 1st time where I have seen Belichick visibly pissed about a play call. I think he was saying/thinking "Romeo, why the hell are you blitzing and leaving the backup safety in 1 on 1 coverage".

The best image of the night was Crennel, Weis, and Belichick in a huddle right after the end of the game, a final goodbye.

Bruschi playing on the field before the game with his sons was up there as well.