[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who would you have chosen as the MVP?

Tega

"What could have potentially been 5 turnovers"?  Come on, you're smarter than that!  INTs negated due to penalties don't mean anything.  And that last INT was a desperation play at the very end of the game.  So, one could argue that only two of those INTs actually meant anything.

Yeah, Don's game was far from flawless, but I still think that he did a good job of keeping the Eagles in the game, considering that they couldn't run the ball or pass-protect to save their lives.  I don't think that any of the other "elite" NFL QBs (Brady, Manning, Favre, etc.) would've done much better in that situation against that defense.

687586[/snapback]

I think you are looking at it the wrong way, Bill. The point is that, regardless of the final result of the play, McNabb put the ball into enemy hands 4 times in the first quarter. They dodged the proverbial bullet twice, but that's a bad way to start and does not help a team's mental state.

Again, I think he left it all on the field even if he did have some bad plays, but you have to admit that even the overturned turnovers, in the situation at hand, could easily have been a factor in McNabb's ducky throws and early hesitation.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you are looking at it the wrong way, Bill.  The point is that, regardless of the final result of the play, McNabb put the ball into enemy hands 4 times in the first quarter.  They dodged the proverbial bullet twice, but that's a bad way to start and does not help a team's mental state.

Again, I think he left it all on the field even if he did have some bad plays, but you have to admit that even the overturned turnovers, in the situation at hand, could easily have been a factor in McNabb's ducky throws and early hesitation.

687612[/snapback]

I understand what you're saying, but it's not like McNabb was going up against the Browns or the 49ers. NE's defense is, by far, the best in the league at forcing turnovers and it's very rare that a QB doesn't turn the ball over at least once or twice while facing them. Factor in a lack of pass protection and a lack of a running game and, well, bad things are going to happen no matter who is behind center.

IMO, McNabb's biggest mistake (and this is equally shared by Reid) was the lack of intelligent clock management at the end. There's no excuse for that.

I understand what you're saying, but it's not like McNabb was going up against the Browns or the 49ers.  NE's defense is, by far, the best in the league at forcing turnovers and it's very rare that a QB doesn't turn the ball over at least once or twice while facing them.  Factor in a lack of pass protection and a lack of a running game and, well, bad things are going to happen no matter who is behind center.

IMO, McNabb's biggest mistake (and this is equally shared by Reid) was the lack of intelligent clock management at the end.  There's no excuse for that.

687645[/snapback]

That's where the "I am that smart" bit comes in. These things did happen in the game, and McNabb not only knew exactly what you are saying about the Pats D, but had been victimized by it in the past. I think that even though the 2 plays were overturned that they had an effect on Philly's offense as a whole in terms of confidence and execution. McNabb is in charge of that.

Clock management was a HUGH issue. So was the decision by the Pats to execute super conservative offense with the lead late in the game. I was upset at the time and would have much prefered the team go for Philly's jugular. I think the game could have easily been 31 -14 or even 38-14 if the Pats had played offense late.

I know most people think the MVP has to be on the winning team. I think differently. Also, there are things that you can't find on paper that has a tremendous amount of impact on a game - like TO's determination while playing through a lot of pain and chancing an even worse ankle injury. If TO didn't play - The Eagles would have been romped. It would have been embarrassing. TO sparks the whole team.

WIZARDS - now I have to agree with you that if MVP stood for Most Valuable Person - it would HAVE to be awarded to Coach Belichick (spelling?). It wouldn't surprise me if he helped New England win a few more SuperBowls.

Harrison...........hands down.

answered Freeloading Freddie Mitchells call and then some.

He had 1 more reception from McNabb than Mitchell did!!! :D

Branch, great game but a WR is nothing without his QB!!