[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Crennel in a postgame interview

Czarina

No Weis or Crennel means Belicheck has to earn his "genius" pay.

I have all the respect in the world for Belicheck, but losing 2 coordinators of that caliber can't be easy, he's got his work cut out for him.

That is exactly the most interesting thing. No question that the Pats have been one of the best coached teams - absolutely no question. But all three Super Bowl wins came with the same OC and DC. Now they get to try something new though reason says they'll try to hang on to exactly what works so well.

I've been thinking about this since Charlie announced he was leaving for Notre Dame. They'll try and stick with what works for sure but they are definitely losing some important people. I think the effect will be significant and it will be interesting to see how it plays out next season.

BTW, congrats to the Pats.

No Weis or Crennel means Belicheck has to earn his "genius" pay.

I have all the respect in the world for Belicheck, but losing 2 coordinators of that caliber can't be easy, he's got his work cut out for him.

687303[/snapback]

Losing Weis might be problematic, but I have a feeling that Belichick micro-manages his defense and that will be successful in that regard without Crennel.

Rumors also of the possibility of Crennel taking Mangini with him to Cleveland to be his DC. Talk around here was Mangini would step right in to the Pats DC role.

687591[/snapback]

Rumors are rumors, Mangini will end up as the DC in NE.

There were rumors that Crennel was taking Pepper Johnson to be his DC.

With Crennel and Saban in Miami looking into Pats coaches, it is a good thing that Weis didn't take any to Notre Dame with him.

Edited by Patsfan04

Luckily the salary cap doesn't apply to the coaching staff. I'm hoping they'll make Mangini an offer he can't refuse. :D

687625[/snapback]

I'd think he'll stay. Several teams - my Jets included - wanted him as DC last year, but he expressed no interest. I think he realized he's the heir apparent to Crennell and, when and if Belichick hangs 'em up, he'll be the head coach of the Pats.