[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tears of green

NSab

First I want to say that TO is a warrior, he has heart and is a the kind of player that I want on my city's Team.

Now, I am furious with McNabb and reid they blew the game, they totally mismanaged the clock towards the end for the game. They had absolutley no sense of urgency.

The Birds lost to a good team, But the Eagles beat themselves. :D

Bring on the sigs.

Sorry NSab. Welcome to my world. :D

You are right. Horrible management towards the end. Two plays stood out to me. McNabb's first pick was just terrible. And the pass by Brady that should have been picked by the Eagles DB, but somehow Branch came down with it. Those are the plays the Patriots make that other teams do not. Oh yeah, McNabb's second pick was pretty bad too. . .

blah...blah...blah...But the Eagles beat themselves....

687173[/snapback]

:D

I wonder if this will ever end.

The Eagles played with great heart all around. Say what you want about McNabb, but he played with as much heart and effort as anyone else.

And the Eagles got beat by the Patriots, not by the Eagles.

Huge game for Owens. :D

That long bomb catch for Pinkston he actually had his arms fully extended. :D

McNabb's TD pass to Westbrook was really great. That's what has to be so frustrating about him. You get that kind of sharp play and so much of that "oops" stuff.

The picks were bad, I think the Pats did a great job pressuring McNabb.

He was not comfortable in the pocket through most of the game. My problem is all the talk that he is the Captain of the ship , Blah, blah,blah.

He actually called the guys back from the line to have a huddle it was a joke. He and Reid are the leaders and they blew it.

TO talks the talk, and gets trashed for it all seson long. But he also backs it up. McNabb does not. :D

The Eagles running game was an absolute joke as well. It's hard for McNabb to make plays when the Pats are playing the pass. They didn't have to respect the run at all. Note to Westbrook: You do not have to bounce every running play to the sidelines.

The Eagles running game was an absolute joke as well.  It's hard for McNabb to make plays when the Pats are playing the pass.  They didn't have to respect the run at all.  Note to Westbrook:  You do not have to bounce every running play to the sidelines.

687255[/snapback]

What the hell would have been wrong running some freeken screens then, The Pats D is good and put pressure on all night. But the play calling was not in rythm at all tonight. I still hold reid and McNabb responsible. 2nd place SUCKS. :D

Your're right. After halftime, I told my dad that I bet the Eagles come out and run some screens in the second half. The Pats were really pushing upfield with their line and linebackers. Shocked they didn't try some to Westbrook to take advangage of that or to at least slow them down.

What the hell would have been wrong running some freeken screens then, The Pats D is good and put pressure on all night. But the play calling was not in rythm at all tonight. I still hold reid and McNabb responsible. 2nd place SUCKS. :D

687261[/snapback]

You are absolutely right.Reid was atrocious..I really couldnt beleive my eyes when there was 3 minutes left and they were STROLLING OUT OF A HUDDLE.I just was absolutelystunned.The most horrible hurry up offense ive ever seen in my life.Mcnabb was caught up in the moment and played a bad game but they still luckily had a shot at the end.I also disagreed with not taking a chance at some points right before the half.Its the superbowl and you have over a minute and you end up going into halftime without using 2 timeouts.Pathetic..T.O was awesome though.He showed a ton of heart .If there was a day to catch the Pats napping it was today and I place a ton of blame on Reid..

McMabb McChoked.

Props to Owens for playing through and injury and doing so pretty effectively. Makes one wonder how the game might have gone with TO at 100%.

Props to Westbrook he did everything he was asked to do and looked good doing it.

As you said that game was lost by McNabb and Reid. McNabb for making more than several bad throws and Reid for playing like they had the lead in the 4th quarter.

First I want to say that TO is a warrior, he has heart and is a the kind of player that I want on my city's Team.

Now, I am furious with McNabb and reid they blew the game, they totally mismanaged the clock towards the end for the game. They had absolutley no sense of urgency.

The Birds lost to a good team, But the Eagles beat themselves. :D

Bring on the sigs.

687173[/snapback]

The Pats do that to everyone. They make you feel like you could have easily won the game of you did a few little things differently. They always make you feel like you beat yourself. They rarely blow teams out, but they usually win. (Unfortunately)

I am amazed that any Professional couldn't grasp the idea of speeding it up a little , realising you are 10 points down.

This is f'n unbelieveable, I don't know how to feel. Pissed, sad, confused. Most of all I want Reid to admit he screwed this up.

I blame the loss on ANDY REID- his biggest problem is the he will not ever, never, ever deviate from his game plan and his trusty play calling chart once the game starts- the chart probably said that you do not hurry when down 10 with 5 minutes to play in the Super Bowl, so therefoe he did not hurry. No huddles are only charted for the last 2 minutes of the game. It's very frustrating- I actually wish that the Eagles got blown out then we could have easily said that we were pounded by the best team in the NFL-

Regardless of what Patriot homers, Caveman Nick or anybody else has to say- the Eagles had a very good chance to win this game, and they really SHOULD have won this game- they made crucial mistakes in crucial situations, and Reid was outcoached when it mattered most. The time management issue cannot be igorned or dismissed that is the straw that broke the camel's back- all that aside they had the ball with 45 seconds left and a chance to go and tie. Just image if they had showed some urgency prior to that. If they had 2 minutes left instead of 45 seconds there is no doubt in my mind that we are looking at OT.

These are not excuses, these are factual observations- we lost- great job by New England they played a very smart, controlled game. Tom Brady is a superb quarterback- that kid just gets it, and he is the most composed big game QB I've seen since Joe Montana- there is no debating that fact.

Lastly, if anybody ever questions T.O.'s heart, determination, and talent here at The Huddle at any time they should be banned for a month. The dude is a flat out stud WR in this league- he can run his mouth all he wants- he backs it up week in and week out- I challenge anyone to give me another trash-talker in the NFL (and there are more players that are than aren't) that brings it each week like this guy.

'nuff said.

Congrats Patriots.

I blame the loss on ANDY REID- his biggest problem is the he will not ever, never, ever deviate from his game plan and his trusty play calling chart once the game starts- the chart probably said that you do not hurry when down 10 with 5 minutes to play in the Super Bowl, so therefoe he did not hurry. No huddles are only charted for the last 2 minutes of the game. It's very frustrating- I actually wish that the Eagles got blown out then we could have easily said that we were pounded by the best team in the NFL-

Regardless of what Patriot homers, Caveman Nick or anybody else has to say- the Eagles had a very good chance to win this game, and they really SHOULD have won this game- they made crucial mistakes in crucial situations, and Reid was outcoached when it mattered most. The time management issue cannot be igorned or dismissed that is the straw that broke the camel's back- all that aside they had the ball with 45 seconds left and a chance to go and tie. Just image if they had showed some urgency prior to that. If they had 2 minutes left instead of 45 seconds there is no doubt in my mind that we are looking at OT. 

These are not excuses, these are factual observations- we lost- great job by New England they played a very smart, controlled game. Tom Brady is a superb quarterback- that kid just gets it, and he is the most composed big game QB I've seen since Joe Montana- there is no debating that fact.

Lastly, if anybody ever questions T.O.'s heart, determination, and talent here at The Huddle at any time they should be banned for a month. The dude is a flat out stud WR in this league- he can run his mouth all he wants- he backs it up week in and week out- I challenge anyone to give me another trash-talker in the NFL (and there are more players that are than aren't) that brings it each week like this guy.

'nuff said.

Congrats Patriots.

687480[/snapback]

Amen Bro, I just once want to hear Andy really take responsibilty. I want him to explain what the hell he was doing at the end of the game. That is what Philadelphia fans need, and would accept.

Props, to the Patriots they are a smart football team.

Regardless of what Patriot homers, Caveman Nick or anybody else has to say- the Eagles had a very good chance to win this game, and they really SHOULD have won this game- they made crucial mistakes in crucial situations, and Reid was outcoached when it mattered most.

687480[/snapback]

Could have won, yes. Should have won, sorry, i think you're focusing on all the things that went wrong and thinking they could have gone right. There are also things that went right that could have gone wrong, and the score would have been a 14 -20 point difference.

Could have, would have, should have. Same old story, same old song and dance. :D

Could have won, yes.  Should have won, sorry, i think you're focusing on all the things that went wrong and thinking they could have gone right.  There are also things that went right that could have gone wrong, and the score would have been a 14 -20 point difference.

687506[/snapback]

I disagree big-time, they lost by 3 and had the ball last, DESPITE their non-chalance when it mattered most- Reid gave the game away.

I disagree big-time, they lost by 3 and had the ball last, DESPITE their non-chalance when it mattered most- Reid gave the game away.

687511[/snapback]

The Patriots won by 3 because they knew 10 point was enough of a lead with the amount of time left. They ran on 3rd down and settled for the field goal because running the ball and taking more of the clock was more important than going for 7 points at the risk of an incompletion.

They ran on three straight plays after the Eagles TD.

This isn't about how many points you can put up, it is about good clock management and good game management. An aspect of the game the Eagles can use a lot of work in.

Edited by Patsfan04