[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why the Eagles didn't run the hurry up...

Hugh-mongus

Agreed.  I can't imagine Andy Reid would let him stay in and risk an even more serious injury if he indeed had a concussion.  Even the SB isn't enough to risk the long term health of your franchise player, and Andy knows that.

688909[/snapback]

What if Mcnabb was playing the McHero and not telling anyone that he felt hurt?

He looked entirely disoriented in those huddles (or lack thereof) at the end of the game.

Slim

From what I heard, he wasn't Ill, he was hyperventilating. Apparently, Donovan was having trouble breathing during much of the game due to anxiety, a problemm he also had at Syracuse during big games. Apparently it was so bad at the end of the game that he couldn't speak, that's why Freddie was calling the plays in the huddle. Apparently 2 lineman from the eagles had a date with a morning talk show but spent the evening before partying. When the got to the radio station in the morning they were still lit and starting spilling the beans about Donovan

Edited by billay

With the way NFL Films wires the Superbowl for sound, it will be interesting to see:

- What kind of conversations they captured in the last 5 minutes between Reed and/or McNabb.

- Any chatter from the sideline about the clock and/or McNabb situation in general.

- What extent the Eagles will go to limit the amount of material that would have a negative impact on McNabb from NFL Films productions of this Superbowl.

Edited by Patsfan04

With the way NFL Films wires the Superbowl for sound, it will be interesting to see:

- What kind of conversations they captured in the last 5 minutes between Reed and/or McNabb.

- Any chatter from the sideline about the clock and/or McNabb situation in general.

- What extent the Eagles will go to limit the amount of material that would have a negative impact on McNabb from NFL Films productions of this Superbowl.

690619[/snapback]

It went something like this.

:DB)B):yay::D:moon::D:moon:

Then the clock hit 5:14 and Reid went :D

McNabb denies being sick

Donovan McNabb  has no apologies for his Super Bowl performance. He won't allow his teammates to make excuses, either.

The Eagles' offensive struggles were caused only by the Patriots and the tension of a Super Bowl, not a phantom sickness.

"No, I wasn't sick and no, I didn't throw up," McNabb said. "If people want to use that as an excuse for why we lost, that's not the way it was, but I'll put it on my shoulders. I'll take the blame. ... When you're trying to make every play possible, you have to dig deep. We were just trying to give it all we had."

McNabb raised the subject two days after Fraley told a Philadelphia TV station that his quarterback was seriously ill late in the game last Sunday, forcing Mitchell to help out in the huddle by calling a play. Mitchell said in another TV interview that he finished a play call.

While Fraley apparently meant to praise his quarterback's toughness by describing his condition, McNabb perceived it as an attempt to excuse the Eagles' performance in the second half. He was bothered by the endless television replays of Fraley's comments in recent days.

"When I heard about it, I was kind of upset," McNabb said. "I've seen Hank (too much) on TV in the last couple of days."

As for Mitchell's play-calling claim, McNabb could only laugh at his gregarious receiver's boasts.

"No, Freddie didn't call a play," he said. "I get the plays in my helmet, so he couldn't call a play."

McNabb felt sick earlier during the week leading up to the Super Bowl, but he said it wasn't a serious illness. He also said he wasn't hurt during the game, even on a hard hit from New England's Richard Seymour.

So much for that one.

Freddie Mitchell is running his mouth again...he says that McNabb dry heaves often in "certain situations." Sounds to me like he is implying Donovan can't handle pressure. :D

"Donovan, he dry heaves a lot when he gets under certain situations. It's happened before. It's happened in the NFC Championship game.

"He was dry heaving and he couldn't get the words out in the play, so he gave me hand signals. ... I basically called the play and knew what the coaches were thinking in that situation. I called the play out and went on from there."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1988154

Edited by Skrappy1

It is looking like Reid never implemented the hurry up with 5:40 to go. He as usaul is saying nothing yet, looks like McNabb is going to get stuck holding the bag.

The Birds got beat down, what difference does it make what excuses are coming out of Philly.  they lost the game, end of story.....

692184[/snapback]

This is true, but as a a local fan, we would like to know why even after turning the ball over and blowing scoring ops, the team had no urgency at the end of the 4th quarter with a chance to win the friggen Superbowl. Curious minds want to know.

I've heard that McNabb denied that he was sick. Furthermore, he said that he had "dry heaves" and it was no different than any other big game he has played in. This looks like a case of Mitchell shooting off his mouth and the media riding it for all it's worth.