[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Homers....

Duchess Jack

Later Koren!!! I know you're gonna miss the best grass in the world in the Pacific Northwest, but its time to move on buddy. And please take Rocky Berria and Isiah Kaz, Bates, and Huff with yas. Big Jerramy Stevens, later pal. And Holmgren better be drivin the *** bus with his special teams coach in the shotgun.

Best on the 49ers is just mediocre compared to the rest of the league :D

Wait a minute they already got rid of all the best players last year!

Nobody left......... :D

For the Priest situation, he goes to a team that is an RB away from a deep playoff run.  With Larry Johnson emerging, and with that offensive line, I'd feel comfortable going into next season with Johnson.

689930[/snapback]

Priest Holmes on any other team is a solid starter, but not a difference maker. Not at his age, inability to finish seasons (injury bug) and average speed. He was in the right place at the right time, but any patient back behind that O-line has huge seasons.

You are right, they need A LOT of defense, and they are not fixing that train wreck in one off season. Sorry.

We'll trady Price for a good QB, then trade Plummer for a couple of draft picks or a decent DT, and Lelie can go to. Actually, there's a lot of players Denver could trade with. The ones I would keep are Bailey, Wilson and Williams, Smith, the rookie RB. (I must be getting old...)

Since Abraham really isn't tradable, because he isn't signed, i'd actually part with Curtis Martin for a first round draft pick, a fairly high one, to get a new RB. While I love Curtis (man love!) he is getting long in the tooth, and has some value to a team now. Vilma is really the only untouchable on the Jets, and Pennington, only because they don't have a backup QB.

Priest Holmes on any other team is a solid starter, but not a difference maker.  Not at his age, inability to finish seasons (injury bug) and average speed.  He was in the right place at the right time, but any patient back behind that O-line has huge seasons.

You are right, they need A LOT of defense, and they are not fixing that train wreck in one off season.  Sorry.

691095[/snapback]

Believe me, I wouldn't expect any miracle improvement for that defense, but any improvement at this point would be good. :D

As for Holmes, the reason I answered that it would be ok to trade him is basically for the reasons you state: some other team out there may overvalue him at this point, based on how he performs when healthy. I believe the Chiefs would be wise to move him if another team wants him that bad.