[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Giants Homers

soopanuts

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where have you been Rock? Layin pretty low, it would seem lately. Truth is, as a Jets fan, I was hoping that Porter might land with the Jets, but if this franchise tag on Abraham is true, i'm sure they don't have the cap room for him. The upside is, they won't have caproom for Moss, then, either.

Where have you been Rock? Layin pretty low, it would seem lately. Truth is, as a Jets fan, I was hoping that Porter might land with the Jets, but if this franchise tag on Abraham is true, i'm sure they don't have the cap room for him. The upside is, they won't have caproom for Moss, then, either.

694902[/snapback]

Tis true.. got a promotion at work, which means more money but less time to spend at the Huddle, unfortunately - also preparing for my trip to Europe next week.

As for the Jets, I thought the franchise tag on Abraham was for the sole purpose of trading him away - possibly for Moss.

As for the Jets, I thought the franchise tag on Abraham was for the sole purpose of trading him away - possibly for Moss.

694930[/snapback]

My buddy is a HUGH Jet fan and he mentioned the same thing.

It doesn't hurt that Ted Cottrell is the Vikes' Def Coord. and he loves Abraham.

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to see Pace in Blue, but somehow I doubt it will happen. I just don't see who we could trade to make that an even deal and we've already got rid of too many draft picks. Mortgaging the future for a win today is not the Giants style.

Same goes for WRs. The G-Men have never been willing to break the bank to sign a FA and I just don't see Accorsi doing that for any of the WRs out there.

I would love to see Pace in Blue, but somehow I doubt it will happen. I just don't see who we could trade to make that an even deal and we've already got rid of too many draft picks. Mortgaging the future for a win today is not the Giants style.

Same goes for WRs. The G-Men have never been willing to break the bank to sign a FA and I just don't see Accorsi doing that for any of the WRs out there.

713538[/snapback]

I agree, but we have to do something, right?

I hear we are trading our 4th round pick this year for Cleveland RB William Green!

717330[/snapback]

:D That punk is gonna hate Coughlin

Maybe he'll get his sh!t together. :D

I saw this morning on CBSportsline that the Giants are targeting Burress now, we're really focusing on team players.

We might be in for a looooong season :D

I was just listening to WFAN, they said we're going for Travis Taylor cuz Burress will cost to much. They also said we are hot for Kendrell Bell or Antonio Pierce..... no mention of Hartwell.

:D  That punk is gonna hate Coughlin

Maybe he'll get his sh!t together.  :D

I saw this morning on CBSportsline that the Giants are targeting Burress now, we're really focusing on team players.

We might be in for a looooong season  :D

717379[/snapback]

Doesn't he already know coughlin? Did they overlap at all at BC?

I hear we are trading our 4th round pick this year for Cleveland RB William Green!

717330[/snapback]

I like that deal.. while I love Tiki and think he's a great back, I still find it miraculous that he never gets hurt, and we have NO backup plan at all if he goes down. Getting a guy with talent like that for a 4th rounder would be a great deal.

Kendrell Bell in Blue?

March 2, 2005

Bell tolls in N.Y.?

The Giants moved quickly on getting Steelers linebacker Kendrell Bell into their early plans. There is early talk about a double digit signing bonus in terms of millions. Bell, who has been fighting injuries the past couple of seasons, could reunite with defensive coordinator Tim Lewis.

....from ESPN

Ok, we've got our LB in Pierce :D...now we need some OL and WR help.

I heard the Pace rumor as well, but I can't imagine that happening. Green for a 4th rounder? Please no. If they're going to move a pick, I'd rather see them do it for OL or WR help.