[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Giants Homers

soopanuts

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a huge loss IMO. Time for the younger fellas to step up and Coughlin to go get us a receiver somewhere.

Possibly the worst stat for the Giants last year was not a single TD was caught by a starting WR all year. Ike is washed up. I like our young receivers. If only they can stay healthy! The G-Men are also interested in re-aquiring Joe Jurevicious.

I'd like to see the Giants also get a blocking TE, so Shockey can get more involved in the offense.

Edited by Dirty Sanchez

Definitely not a huge loss, and somewhat expected because of what he was slated to make this year. It's Tim Carter time and I'd love to see Jamaar Taylor step up now that he's another year removed from ACL surgery. Of course, perhaps a WR signing is coming our way. :D

Here's where we are so far:

Signed: LB Antonio Pierce, OL Kareem McKenzie

Released: S Omar Stoutmire, DB Terry Cousin, DE Lorenzo Bromell, DT Martin Chase, WR Ike Hilliard

Waived: RB Antonio Womack

Nice job so far EA! :D

Here's where we are so far:

Signed: LB Antonio Pierce, OL Kareem McKenzie

Released: S Omar Stoutmire, DB Terry Cousin, DE Lorenzo Bromell, DT Martin Chase, WR Ike Hilliard

Nice job so far EA!  :D

721600[/snapback]

Agreed - assuming we come up with one more quality WR, I'm very happy. Especially if Gibril Wilson delivers on the promise we all saw last year.

Update to where we are so far:

Signed: LB Antonio Pierce, OL Kareem McKenzie, PK Jay Feely, QB Jim Miller

Re-signed: RB Mike Cloud

I can't say that I dislike what they've done so far, especially the McKenzie move. I just hope that Coughlin manages his cap better than he did with the Jags. I know EA holds the purse strings but I gotta hope that him making retirement noises doesn't mean that he'll let Coughlin call the shots.

I can't say that I dislike what they've done so far, especially the McKenzie move. I just hope that Coughlin manages his cap better than he did with the Jags. I know EA holds the purse strings but I gotta hope that him making retirement noises doesn't mean that he'll let Coughlin call the shots.

725354[/snapback]

I'm still banking on the "Pioli to the Giants in 2006" rumors come true.

WR corps still needs help. I see they're bringing in Corey Bradford for a look. I hope that this is for nothing more than depth. He isn't an answer. Burress would have been good, but I agree, not at a ridiculous price. F Plax and his agent.

Kid Cid, couldn't agree more...we need vet help and we'll get it. I'm sure Bradford is being considered, if he hasn't been already. I agree though, he's not the answer. Is it too early to talk 6/1 cuts? :D It's possible we may draft a WR at #43 in April.

Possible? yes. Likely? Who knows. We need a WR for Eli to throw to now, not in 3 years. I think #43 will be spent on the O-line. There's still a lot of talk about us shipping Will Allen out so who knows what may come of that. We have a fair bit of cap room now, maybe someone is thinking about Ty Law. (which would be a mistake IMO, but what the hell do I know)

Oh yeah, rumor also has it that Courtney Brown is going to be jettisoned from the Browns this week. I'd love to add him to the D-Line rotation.

You're probably right about Eli needing a target now. I just don't know who it's going to be...

Will Allen out eh? Interesting rumor...if you hear anything more, post it here.

Ty Law would be a mistake...we want to stay young. Brown, I guess we'll have to see. Could work nicely in the rotation.

F U Plaxico.....

You are not worth the money or the amount of stress I have incurred waiting for your sorry a$$ to make a commitment. Hopefully, Plax will sign with Minnesota so we can get a shot at him in Giants stadium this year!

Update 3/12/05 3:41 EST:

Signed: LB Antonio Pierce, OL Kareem McKenzie, PK Jay Feely, QB Jim Miller, DT Kendrick Clancy

Coughlin vs Plax would've been fun to watch. I think it was wise to pass on him and his demands as there is no way he and Coughlin could have gotten along. Let him go to Minny where Tice can slide him right into the recently vacated "coddled #1WR role".

Edited by Tyler Rose

Update 3/18/05 8:33 EST:

Signed: LB Antonio Pierce, OL Kareem McKenzie, PK Jay Feely, QB Jim Miller, DT Kendrick Clancy, WR Plaxico Burress

Released: S Omar Stoutmire, DB Terry Cousin, DE Lorenzo Bromell, DT Martin Chase, WR Ike Hilliard, DT Norman Hand, DE Keith Washington

What a quick turnaround on Burress, eh? Guess Drew smoothed things over first. Well, I've said many times on this board that I was glad we passed on him. Now that we signed him for close to what our last offer was? I'm not sure how to feel about it. I want to see how he gets along with Coughlin. Hopefully he won't be a distraction and he'll play his as$ off. He'll block downfield, get deep and go up strong for the fade. I'm still a little worried. Time will tell...

soop, die hard Gints fan that you are, Burress is a good signing. This should prevent double teams on Toomer, take the option of having a safety cover Shockey.... and help Eli with another target, and cut down on corner and safety blitzes. It's a good signing. Don't worry.... be happy!

Burress was a great signing. I said it before I'll say it again the change of scenery will do him good. Now, with the other signings we may get a chance to see what Shockey can do in the O. This should also keep Eli off his back for another second or so without the corner blitzes.