[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Today's the Day

billay

Today marks the end of a long road back for the Tar Heels. It has been a long 6 years since Dean Smith retired, and it has taken UNC that long to right the ship. But the Carolina team that marches into Cameron tonight may be one of the best Carolina teams ever assembled. Carolina has lost 14 of the last 16 games to Dook, but that streak turns around today.

UNC 94 Dook 81

GO HEELS!

Today marks the end of a long road back for the Tar Heels.  It has been a long 6 years since Dean Smith retired, and it has taken UNC that long to right the ship.

690302[/snapback]

And what if they lose? How will you feel?

Sorry but that's not one of the best teams Carolina ever assembled.

Too many turnovers and they still need to improve on the free throws.

They did outrebound Duke by considerable. Duke had a lot more steals.

Looking forward to their next meeting down the road.

Sorry but that's not one of the best teams Carolina ever assembled.

Too many turnovers and they still need to improve on the free throws.

They did outrebound Duke by considerable.  Duke had a lot more steals.

Looking forward to their next meeting down the road.

691654[/snapback]

Go to give Duke credit, they did exactly what they need to do to Carolina to win...

Carolina played awful...23 turnovers. Rashad was 3 for 13, 1 for 8 from the 3 point lin. Jawad williams scores 2 points? Ramond felton has 3 assists and 8 turnovers? Ugh.

UNC is still a great team and will contend for both the ACC and National Title. Don't write 'em off yet there Jackshi.

Carolina played awful...23 turnovers.  ......  Ugh.

Standard fare for Roy Williams' teams. You can expect lots of turnovers for ever with Roy at the helm. Get used to it. Hell, UNC averages over 17 turnovers a game.

UNC is still a great team and will contend for .... the National Title.

:sigh: billay, I admire your good attitude, but a national title is not realistic under Roy. He'll get you close, but that's about it. Prepare for lots of frustration if the title is your goal. I highly recommend learning from the experienced and become realistic about Roy a.s.a.p. Don't forget, this is good honest advice forged from years of experience. good luck.

Edited by Meat Face

Billay, Here's something we can both have a laugh about. I was just now looking at ESPN's men's college bball homepage, and they this chat going. I noticed they were talking about UNC, and some guy from Lawrence apparently said the following:

Ryan Delcotto (Lawrence)

What UNC is doing now is what Roy's at KU did in the past. Its like deja vu except with different uniforms on. Roy Williams will not be able to take NC to a championship. North Carolina is the type of team to drop in the second round.

I guess I'm not the only one who thinks that stuff.