[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cpep Sounds Off

Guest Sores

Culpepper finally sounded off on his relationship with the controversial wide receiver.

"I tried to smooth things over for the last five years," Culpepper said. "I'm done with it. No more, I'm not having this anymore."

"Look, a lot of Randy's antics, they are what they are. But what he did this year by walking off that field early, there's no way to justify that ... it's terrible. What else can I say about it? It's terrible."

Entire article....sounds like he is sick of him, but wants to keep him around

I'm surprised Cpep said these things. He usually likes to avoid the spotlight that comes with criticizing teammates.

691710[/snapback]

I think he finally got tired of defending him. After he walked off the field early, if i was the coach, he would have been benched. Regardless if it was a playoff game or regular season.

His act has got to eventually wear on his team mates. I mean you know the guy has a ton of talent and he can definately help you win games, but at the end of the day is all the b.s. worth it? I've seen Daunte out in Orlando a handful of times. He's always super easy going, has a big smile even when it seems people are bugging him and always looks happy go lucky. For him to spout off must mean even he's at the end of his rope with dealing with Moss.

Wherever Moss lands will probably be the same deal. The first year will probably be a love affair but he'll start his manure again and the whole mess will eventually repeat itself.

Edited by 'canes2004

Yeah - just look at Freddie 'the freeloader' Mitchell

691798[/snapback]

You shouldn't even mention Mitchell and Moss in the same sentence.

It seems like most WRs are in that category.  Unfortunately Marvin Harrison is the exception to the rule at his position.

691788[/snapback]

Why is it unfortunate that Marvin is a class act?

The Vikings passing attack was pretty solid w/o Moss this year.  Ship him off.  Send him to NY and let him implode in the NY market.

691916[/snapback]

Exactly, the Vikings performed ok when he was out of the line-up.

Trade him for a stud corner and a first and 2nd round pick and the Vikes will be much better off.

When you factor his "Plays off" and his gross disregard for blocking downfield and he is more of a liability on the whole. In watching taped games, I constantly see him jogging off the line dogging it when he knows he is a decoy or its a running play. I would imagine him standing in-place is also a nice "tell" for the defense as well. The guy flat out doesn't block, takes plays off, and disrespects his teammates.

If the Vikings can unload him, shore up the defense, and bring in some younger talent, their offense with Burrelson, Cambell, and Robinson will do just fine!

Just my $.02

you don't have a humble opinion whotz. :D  Go back & crawl under your slimey rock.

691981[/snapback]

Your right, I don't have a humble opinion, i have an honest one though.

I can't crawl under my slimey rock because your still under there. Now get the hell out so I can get back in there :DB)

i have an honest one though.

692011[/snapback]

LMFAO :D

:D are you kidding me. B) you're as dishonest as they come. the crap you pulled in DW2 this year would get you expelled from every league on the planet. Lying, cheating, colluding... you name it .. you tried it.

you're as low as they come slimebag & I will make EVERY attempt to make sure EVERYONE on this board knows that... day in day out.

I'm your huckleberry.

The Vikings passing attack was pretty solid w/o Moss this year.  Ship him off.  Send him to NY and let him implode in the NY market.

691916[/snapback]

The Vikings are not nearly as explosive on offense without Moss. I hate to say this, but I think they started losing when Moss got hurt. The Vikings may be better in the long run, but for the first 2 years without Moss, they could struggle on offense.

Like I've said before and got destroyed for it.  I would still rather have Hines Ward than Randy Moss.

692076[/snapback]

I would to because you are not going to get the headaches that come with Moss and u know Ward won;t be taking plays off when he feels like it.

The Vikings are not nearly as explosive on offense without Moss.  I hate to say this, but I think they started losing when Moss got hurt.  The Vikings may be better in the long run, but for the first 2 years without Moss, they could struggle on offense.

692069[/snapback]

I have to agree with this. While the Vikings passing game still put up respectable numbers, it was largely due to Daunte utilizing Wiggins a lot more in the passing game, as well as balancing throws to Burleson, Robinson, and Campell. If Moss were to be traded, they lose a tremendous downfield, big play threat, and will be running more medium to short routes, seam routes with the TE, and may actually start using screen passes again. The explosiveness will be missing though.

I also disagree with thinking we will be fine at WR next year with Burleson, M-Rob, and Campbell. Burleson I agree with, as I can see him as being a very good #2 WR, but not necessarily a #1. Robinson isn't the answer for the Vikings, and Campbell is a very risky proposition as a starter in my opinion. If the Vikes do trade Moss, I see them picking up a WR in free agency to take the place of a starter opposite Burleson.